I'm Leaving... Watch

TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I always said that I'd never allow myself to be one of those people who posts self gratifying vain-glorious leaving posts just because they didnt get their way in an askamod thread or the right person didn't get made a mod or whatever - but I can't deal with this **** anymore and I don't feel like I can go quietly either:

Basically, and I know this is going to sound cliched, but TSR just isn't as good as it was anymore - I remember when GD used to have some amazingly good threads in which loads of people got involved with - subs and reg members eg the late night chat threads and stuff - they were so cool. Everyone knew everyone and it was all for a laugh. Ever since the beginning of the year TSR has been going completely downhill -all I ever seem to see in GD are aimless pointless and boring threads started by noobs about topics that've been gone over or some crappy internet joke that people have seen a thousand times. H and R is just full of "angstfull" teens mouthing off about how hard their lives are because their boyfriend/girlfriend of two weeks got wrecked on white lightning and pulled sharon/dwayne/cheznee. It's all basically *******s. F and B started out good, then got taken over by a bunch of irritating self centered and obsessed "models" who never stop whining about "this girl who was like SO mean to me on a shoot" or some other crap. D and D - well, again - it used tobe such a welcoming place - people were always ready to debate with newcomers and stuff - but now it seems like it's just the same people going over the same topics over and over agian - you know what... I don't want to talk about Islam any more! :mad: :mad: :mad:

All of these things and more are reasons why I'm leaving - not to mention the annoying way in which the sub community appears to have increasingly separated itself from the regular members. However, if it was just these things I wouldn't be too bothered and would probably leave quietly... but it's not just this stuff. Behind the scenes there's been a lot going on that most members have no idea about - stuff that I don't know whether I can talk about even now as it could get continuing members in trouble. Suffice it to say that if Vienna gets made an admin in the future... don't say I didn't warn you.

So anyways guys I'm off... thanks to all those who made and to some extent still make this place great - love you guys...

SW, Fleff, Flukey, Beekeeper, SB, Dobbs, Becca, RobbieC, ChariK, FiL, (any durham pepole who are cool and I've forgotten), LPK, HTT, RR and all you ****s!

laters
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Byeee. :hello:
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well good luck with the rest of your life

:wavey:
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
RIP TKR etc. Nah, you'll be sorely missed - speshly by Durham forumites/subs with your accounts of sexual conquests. Good luck and all that jazz.

pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh good lord.....bye anyway
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
bye - come back and vist us sometime
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i TOTALLY AGREE with your post! (i only just read it )
lesser weevil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
bye there. sad to say but some of the things you've mentioned (and i'm not a sub so I wouldn't know about that) I've been noticing. I mean, I joined in the early summer, so I can't really say much, but I was on the maths forum there for a bit and it was great - came along to GD and it didn't seem to be doing much. like, much good.
but I guess, I just want to stick in here a little longer just to see if there could possibly be any kind of a 'turn around' for it - for there to be some sensible discussion. anything could happen!!!
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree with the post. I've also noticed a declining spiritual aura.

I'm considering leaving too.

I may go tomorrow morning, what do you think?
TKR
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)

no HTT - theres no need for you to get involved - it was my pms that were hacked...
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Have fun! Try not to miss us too much!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)

It would be such a loss; esp. with TKR going too! But if you feel you must... then i guess its for the best.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TKR)
no HTT - theres no need for you to get involved - it was my pms that were hacked...
No mine were too! I logged in this morning to find that I'd PMd myself at least 50 times with insults. Everyone has denied all knowledge of these PMs existing. I'm so upset. I might go...
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
man that sucks. I hope they kill the bugger who did it.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleff's Toy)
man that sucks. I hope they kill the bugger who did it.
It does, you know, I don't know why you're still hanging around here. You should leave too.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hacked by who? Yeh i totally agree with what you said, especially regarding GD and D+D, i think it may have something to do with tsr legends who have left/dont bother with it anymore.
lesser weevil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why do people get a kick out of this stuff? why am i bothering asking that question? Both rhetorical by the way!
oh well...
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought this forum was free of threads like this....another forum I know was once over run with threads like this...a new one appearing ever couple of days.

Forums change, those who don't like the way they change leave. Most manage to elave without a song and a dance...others for some unknown reason feel the need to shout from the rooftops that they are levaing so that all the people they haven't evwer spoken to know they are going....why? Why can't they just let the people who they speak to know and then slip of silently...it's a much more dignified exit IMO.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Hacked by who? Yeh i totally agree with what you said, especially regarding GD and D+D, i think it may have something to do with tsr legends who have left/dont bother with it anymore.
Hacked by the mysterious entity whose identity the powers wont reveal. Therefore you should leave too.
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, dont go!

*grabs TKR's leg*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (9)
39.13%
No (14)
60.87%

Watched Threads