Rejected from Bristol Watch

*Farfalla*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I feel a bit miffed - I got rejected from Bristol for French and Italian. I think their offers are either ABB/BBB i'm not sure... but my AS grades were AABB... i just don't understand and wish they gave reasons for their decisions. Anyone else been rejected and feeling a bit put out?
leannemarie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I didn't apply to Bristol so they haven't been able to reject me but I'm sorry to hear that. I think that they should give you some reason as to why you were rejected, even if you have to wait a while to recieve the feedback. I can see why you're frustrated though because you've got the grades you need. Maybe it was to do with your PS or reference? It's hard to know what goes on in these people's minds...
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If it's any help, French & Italian is a hugely popular course to apply for at Bristol, so don't feel too bad about it. Got any other offers ?
Gael
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry to hear that mate. good luck with the rest of your applications.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry to hear that I applied to Bristol for French and Spanish and haven't heard anything yet, which I don't think is a good sign considering some people on here already have offers. As Dr. Blazed said, both Bristol itself and the French and Italian course are very popular, and although their typical offer can be as low as BBC for languages, applicants generally have straight As or thereabouts.
*Farfalla*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah I've got 2 offers so far and bristol wasn't my first choice it's just disappointing when you don't even get a chance at trying to get the grades. Good luck with your bristol applications though! xxx
*soph*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I went to the open day, the admissions tutor said that it was incredibly hard to get in for French and either Spanish or Italian, simply because they have so many applications (10-12 per place). Somebody on here last year got into Cambridge but was rejected by Bristol, so don't worry, I'm sure there'll be more offers on the way.
feline
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
good luck with your flute exam in any case! i havent had a chance to read my rehferences so if i get rejected then i hope its becasue something my teachers have said! I spent ages on my ps would be gutting if that was the reason.. im still holding out for bristol but 10 people to 1 place? that just seems impossible! i always thought drama and french wouldnt be that popular..
*soph*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by feline)
good luck with your flute exam in any case! i havent had a chance to read my rehferences so if i get rejected then i hope its becasue something my teachers have said! I spent ages on my ps would be gutting if that was the reason.. im still holding out for bristol but 10 people to 1 place? that just seems impossible! i always thought drama and french wouldnt be that popular..
Thank you! 10 people to 1 place was the 2005 figure so it could be different this year, but if you're applying for Drama, you're not battling for a joint honours languages place, so there may be more spaces/less applications for your course. And they'll give more offers than they've got places anyway, because they know that some people will reject them and others won't meet their offers.
Luvbug
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
10.5 actually. Does anyone know at all how many more offers they give out than places they actually have?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?