Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romario)
    where is this aqa faq site?
    if you read this thread you will notice it was already posted by another member.
    It was indeed VERY useful and has allowed me to make more progress in an hour than i had in the last week.

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know any way to make an automated generation of a list of bookings for next week, may be using a query or sumthing... if any1 know how to do this please help me i need to finish the project by 2weeks..

Please HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does Anyone Know How To Get The Symbols Used In A Data Flow Diagram!! I Can't Find Any Of The Necessary Symbols In Microsoft Word...............can Anyone Help Me???

ReputationRep:
    I'm right at the start of my Village Hall, and can't really get started. Can anyone just help me get started by telling me the basic tables I'll need, and the forms I'll need, and the fields needed in them.

Thanks

Also I have started one table tblBooking, and for my Booking Session, I'm trying a drop down box, but its not working, because I made it using Yes/no:confused: So how would i make it so that I can make the three options morning afternoon and evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_man12345)

Also I have started one table tblBooking, and for my Booking Session, I'm trying a drop down box, but its not working, because I made it using Yes/no:confused: So how would i make it so that I can make the three options morning afternoon and evening
    To get the drop down column for the sessions:
    You'll need to change data type to look-up wizard
    When the wizrd comes up, you need to select i will type in the values that i want
    Type morning, afternoon and evening below one another
    Name the look up column
    Then Click Finish!!
    When you go into your tables after.....you should be able to select your desired session!

Hope this helps!!! iwould like to advise you on tables, forms and such like but as you are probably aware.i have several posts on this thread and i my own coursework isnt going to well!!
    Good Luck with yours though! xXx

ReputationRep:
    Can people post some websites up that have some Access codes.
    Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    How are people checking that the date the person is trying to book is not already booked by someone else?

I'm using Access and VBA...not really sure how to do it.

ReputationRep:
    My group generally use a 'free' placeholder eg ID 0 . Create a file with all possible slots in it then intialise them to be 'free' ie booked to ID 0. Its easy to check whether or not the slot is already booked then.

ReputationRep:
    OK due to a mishap with the coursework set iim only starting this coursework today.

Is it possible to get an A by just doing this on access as we have not been taght any other programming language and i think its too late for me to teach myself (unless it is possible) VB or SQL. We are learning pascal and was wondering if its possible to link pascal with access?

Also on access is there a way to make a diary/calender?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan121)
    Can people post some websites up that have some Access codes.
    Thanks,
    www.fontstuff.com/access is a good one

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how to work percentage usage???

Please Help!!

ReputationRep:
    You need to count the number of bookings for each day/slot combination.

Simple version multiply this x100 /4
    Better version Count the total number of possible slots for that day (will be 4 or 5) and divide by this instead.

One query to count all slots
    One query to count booked slots
    One query to calc % - you'll need to have a ---> link between the previous queries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    You need to count the number of bookings for each day/slot combination.

Simple version multiply this x100 /4
    Better version Count the total number of possible slots for that day (will be 4 or 5) and divide by this instead.

One query to count all slots
    One query to count booked slots
    One query to calc % - you'll need to have a ---> link between the previous queries.
    what about total money taken for occasional bookings?

ReputationRep:
    can we make a query to obtain a list of bookings for next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaj)
    If you're doing it in VB, here's what I used:

Code:
    If Not (calViewBookings.Value >= (Date + 7)) And (calViewBookings.Value <= (Date + 62)) Then

MsgBox "You can't select this date. You can only book event dates between one week and two months from the date of booking."

End If

How do I go about modifying this code if my field is called 'date' & it's on my table called 'booking information'?

Please help asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaz)
    How do I go about modifying this code if my field is called 'date' & it's on my table called 'booking information'?

Please help asap.
    I don't think you can do it as VB uses the name Date to return the current system date and if your file is called date then it gets confused, i had the same problem you have to remane the date file and then re-place it on the forms, then just change the first part to your file name.
    this is what mine looks like.

Code:
    If Dateofbooking => Date() + 7 And Dateofbooking =< Date() + 60 Then
    this is the start of the code then i just put what i wanted it to do.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, ignore that code that I posted as its wrong. It says "62" days but in the spec is states bookings should be made no more than two months in advance. Ive changed that though now with about 10 lines of code.

ReputationRep:
    This whole project is driving me mad! Just going round in circles at the moment adding pretty forms and don't even ask for any of my documentation...

I've set up a Access Data Environment, anyone care to share their access database layout? Started on mine but it seems quite wrong

ReputationRep:
    an extremely usefull website is www.advanced-ict.info click databases then bookings!

ReputationRep:
    Nice site!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.