AQA computing CPT3 Village hall coursework Watch

Swinely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Percentage usage? Query just selecting booked slots and then work out %'s on a report
manutd2k
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
oh ok. I think i sorta understand you on that, I will start working on that asap. Thanx. How far are you witht the project?
Swinely
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Finished the database when i get can my greater than a week less than 2 months for a booking validation to work :|, and then still loads to do for the write up.
m00c0w06
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When documenting our form designs are we meant to show the object names of everything on the form? Seems pretty useless showing the names of every single label on my forms when none of their captions ever change.
irfan121
Report 12 years ago
cany some1 clearly explain to me how to do usage statistics thing please???
if any1 has done it, can i see it please??

Thanx
Swinely
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by m00c0w06)
When documenting our form designs are we meant to show the object names of everything on the form? Seems pretty useless showing the names of every single label on my forms when none of their captions ever change.
Where did you get that idea from??? If we had to i would have probably just thrown my computer out of the window, i don't think this coursework write up could get any more patronising really... that would just about top it off.
manutd2k
Report 12 years ago
like irfran said can any help in that area in great detail please. That seems to be the hardest part of this project and help would be much appreciated. Thanx guys :-)
Alamothih
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, just finished hte actual system, onto write up. so if ya want any help add me
philip67
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In access how do you customise a standard error message?

p.s dont take A2
Daaannniii
Report 12 years ago
can any one please tel me the coding for the show this weeks bookings function extremely confused thank u
Daaannniii
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Alamothih)
Hey, just finished hte actual system, onto write up. so if ya want any help add me
heya can u tell me teh coding in vb for the show this weeks bookings
Skorn
Report 12 years ago
If this is against the rules, then please ignore it, but I have been having trouble trying to get my regular bookings to work, so I have simplyfied it a lot. I won't be able to do all that is required, but I decided to cut my losses after working on it for such a long time (3-4 months!). Anyway, I came up with this, but it really doesn't like it:

Code:
Dim i As Integer
    Dim strSQL As String
    Dim dteBookDate As Date
    Dim dteNewBookDate As Date
    dteBookDate = Me.Booking_Date

For i = 1 To 52
    dteNewBookDate = DateAdd("ww", i, dteBookDate)
        strSQL = "INSERT INTO table (tblBooking) VALUES(#"
        strSQL = strSQL & dteNewBookDate & "#);"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
Next i
When I press a button, I want it to book the same day each week for the next 52 weeks, but it doesn't want to work! I am using Microsoft Access btw.
Daaannniii
Report 12 years ago
come up with how to make it show this weeks startin from today but how do i make it start from saturday?
Craigy__06
Report 12 years ago
Right, I've done all the practical work, all the codes etc etc, finished the actual program...now I'm stuck on the testing. I don't have a clue what to write as I've never done this before. I've printed screenshots of my program running and bookings being made etc etc and Validation checks but I don't know what to write for my actual testing and Evaluation.

ANY help will be appreciated (I could also help people who are stuck on the code also)
Craigy__06
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daaannniii)
You mean 'Add Bookings' or the 'Weekly Bookings'?
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daaannniii)
Aren't you practically asking them to do your coursework for you?
Rent
Report 12 years ago
Hi,

I am trying to create a query to display all morning slots for mondays, all afternoon slots for mondays etc. all my date formats are dd/mm/yyyy, and dont contain weekday names. Can anybody give me any advice on how to select slots from certain days? i know how to select the slot that i want, but not the day. I understand that you have to use the numeric values for the weekdays, but i have no idea about what to add to my query to do this, and where to add it. i have read through the whole thread but cannot suss it out. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Many Thanks, Christina xx
Furniture
Report 12 years ago
i'm doing the village hall coursework in microsoft access and i have two questions.
1)In the monthly slot usage statistics when i need to calculate the percentage of say monday mornings booked i will need to know how many mondays there are in that particular month. So do i need some code to work out how many mondays there are or do i just pretend that there will always be 5?
2) It says that there will be 2 copies of the bill printed. My bill is a report so what do i need to do to let the user print 2 coppies by just clicking a button?
manutd2k
Report 12 years ago
After analysing the date function on this forum the function ">=DateAdd("d",7,Date()) And <=DateAdd("m",1,Date())"..Thos e it work and were will this code be entered? Would it be in a DATE table or as a querie..am so lost
michaelbenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, i just happened to search for Village Hall CPT3 via Google to see how everyone else is doing with their pieces and looks like this years specification has been causing afew issues. For me though, it hasnt been that taxing, the only complicated and well repetitive issue was actually trolling through all the testing aspects of the code. Such as producing form drafts to help in the actual examination.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads