The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
teachercol
weekday([date]) will convert a date into a number 1 to 7

weekdayname will convert this into the day of the week. I forget the exact syntax but its something like

=weekdayname (weekday([date]),false,2)

Thank you..
Due in tommorow... yay (has no paper work)
Reply 441
are you allowed to use excel with database in this project?
manutd2k
are you allowed to use excel with database in this project?

By "excel" you mean "spreadsheet package" :wink:
HearTheThunder
By "excel" you mean "spreadsheet package" :wink:

:biggrin: :biggrin: I often wonder how many marks are lost each year by those sort of simple mistakes :wink:
Reply 444
Hi, the section where you print off the weekly timetable mine only shows the bookings that are there i have not shown the empty slots as my database is no built that way.

will i lose marks?

also i need a bit of help using the "count" functions, how do i run a query and count the number of records found once that query has been done.

Thanks
Reply 445
i got loads to do its annoying me this project, i've got till the friday this week, to finsh my documentation, sort out the invoices, % usage etc and my testing not that much i'm hoping to have it done by thursday but i git a maths mockj as well so not gud
Reply 446
If you look at the spec, which you can get in PDF from AQA site, it say the requirements are to design, implement and test.

There is nothing about analysis, so is it possible to leave that out, without losing any marks?

Also, I am still stuck on the percentage usage thing. I used checkboxes for morning, afternoon, etc.

Can anyone help with the VBA code for that, please?
I have finished the majority of my design, and have got my basic database done but i am stuck on a few bits.
I am using access, and vb.
I added to one of my tables and this ****** up one of my forms so i re-done it. Now some parts of this do not work.
I have used this code for the check boxes 'special rate' and 'evening extension' to change the fee to be paid, and for teh fee to be paid to equal the price. My price is working, but my fee to be paid is not doing anything so my code is obviously wrong. Could anyone help???
i'm really bad at vb

Private Sub TxtFee_to_be_paid_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
If chkfeeun - paid = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = Price
ElseIf ChkSpecialRate = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = "£10.00"
ElseIf ChkEveningExtension = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = Price + "£5.00"
Else: TxtFeetobepaid = "£0.00"
End Sub

I have also used this piece of code to prevent being able to book an evening extension without an evening slot.
This doesn't work either, help???

Private Sub ChkEveningextension_Click()
If TxtSession = "morning" Or "afternoon" Then
MsgBox ("You can only book an extension if the Evening session is also being booked")
EveningExtension.Value = False
ElseIf TxtSession = "evening" Then
MsgBox ("Evening extension has been booked")
End If
End Sub

also how can i get my report to only show the next months bookings?
and my count on my regular bookings and occasional bookings shows them as -, so the overall % usage equals a minus number?!?!? :s-smilie:

thanks in advance

xxx
Reply 448
hey im just startin to do the writeup for this village hall thing and was wordering if anyone could post a list of wat needs to be done.

thanx
...i'm stuck with my percentage usage in access...I've run a query, where it counts all booked slots for each weekly slot between 01/03/2006 and 31/03/2006 (march)...but it counts them off separately....how can i make it produce like a frequency? e.g 3 |Evening |Monday :frown:

this is how it looks like now...

Make the date field of the query = "where " instead of "group by"
Reply 451
billy-north
I have finished the majority of my design, and have got my basic database done but i am stuck on a few bits.
I am using access, and vb.
I added to one of my tables and this ****** up one of my forms so i re-done it. Now some parts of this do not work.
I have used this code for the check boxes 'special rate' and 'evening extension' to change the fee to be paid, and for teh fee to be paid to equal the price. My price is working, but my fee to be paid is not doing anything so my code is obviously wrong. Could anyone help???
i'm really bad at vb

Private Sub TxtFee_to_be_paid_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
If chkfeeun - paid = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = Price
ElseIf ChkSpecialRate = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = "£10.00"
ElseIf ChkEveningExtension = 0 Then
TxtFeetobepaid = Price + "£5.00"
Else: TxtFeetobepaid = "£0.00"
End Sub

I have also used this piece of code to prevent being able to book an evening extension without an evening slot.
This doesn't work either, help???

Private Sub ChkEveningextension_Click()
If TxtSession = "morning" Or "afternoon" Then
MsgBox ("You can only book an extension if the Evening session is also being booked")
EveningExtension.Value = False
ElseIf TxtSession = "evening" Then
MsgBox ("Evening extension has been booked")
End If
End Sub

also how can i get my report to only show the next months bookings?
and my count on my regular bookings and occasional bookings shows them as -, so the overall % usage equals a minus number?!?!? :s-smilie:

thanks in advance

xxx

To display next months bookings on the form use a datagrid and a datacontrol (it's easier) then use a select statement.

Then for it to automatically bring up the next months bookings use: date + 7 and date + 14 etc. Weve been told that we only need to display next weeks bookings not next months.

Rather than using the date it's easier to use week numbers, by formatting the date (txtweek.Text = Format(lbldate.Text, "ww", vbSunday, vbFirstJan1)) this would then display a week number for that date. Obviously you would have to add a week number field to your access booking table for your select statement to work.
This is how my select looked: MySQL = "select * from booking where [Week Number] ='" & txtweek.Text & "'" & " order by [Date]"

And as for the evening extension, there's no reason why you cant have it as an extra slot and the using the format function (again!) make it work out the day of the booking and make sure that the user cant select the evening extension slot, when it isn't friday or saturday.
Reply 452
Hey i need help, i v nearlly finished the project but have to do the design. Do we need to do a hand drawn design or should it be drawn in the computer. Pls reply i need help urgently.
Hand drawn is better. You are supposed to have done the designs before you go near a computer.
teachercol
Make the date field of the query = "where " instead of "group by"

OMG! It worked like magic...Thanks so much teachercol...you're the best!! :biggrin:
my project is almost done!!!
Reply 456
I'm basically having problems with the stats. I have made a query and changed the tick boxes for morning, afternoon, evening etc to Count, but when i do the properview it all just has loads of 1's (see pics). How can i do it so that it counts eg just one row saying morning 15, afternoon, 10, evening 16 etc instead all these 1's. Thanks

Reply 457
does anybody have the code for the "you cant place a booking 1 week before the actual booking date and it must be atleast 2 months in advanced"? i'm using VBA.
aaaaaaand, i only have 2 tables : tblHirer and tblBooking. is that okay?

if u do have the code, it will be veryyyy helpful!!

thanks!!:smile:
@sonu

Take out the group by booking id. There is only one id for each booking so all counts will be one.

Your table structure is a bit suspect having separate fields for mornimg etc.
Reply 459
teachercol
Hand drawn is better. You are supposed to have done the designs before you go near a computer.

Where does it say that?

Also I am using Access and in my evidence I say I used Microsoft Access rather than saying I used a database package dont I?

Latest

Trending

Trending