Turn on thread page Beta

AQA computing CPT3 Village hall coursework watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Count how many bookings there are for each slot in a month. Multiply by 25 (100/4) to get the %.

ReputationRep:
    can any1 post up some screenshots of their system if it is access then please post up some screenshots of your forms...pleaseee!!!

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    Btw one thing im not 2 sure bout is whether the evening (on fri/sun) for the wedding/bday party is able to be at special rate as well as the extension. Bcos otha wise its a bit silly? Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    thanx teacha. Am gonan try that multiplication now. After i have managed 2 count the bookings...would i create a label in a report and then do the calculation in the label. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd2k)
    thanx teacha. Am gonan try that multiplication now. After i have managed 2 count the bookings...would i create a label in a report and then do the calculation in the label. Cheers
    For this i done the calculations in a query, i also done this for all of my invoice and just used the report to basically echo the result of the query. The reports should work fine though as it wil lgive same value.

Also how do i range my search criteria in my query for instance, i have my date saved as 01/02/2006, 03/02/2006 and 05/02/2006. What do i put in to get them in the same month i tried "**/02/2006" and didn't work

ReputationRep:
    Well I had a mock CPT3 exam today written by my teachers so technically I was meant to have it finished for today!
    xgracesx

We have amended the last couple of Mod3 papers to be useable with Village hall so they can be used as a mock too.
    teachercol

Hi Folks,
    Any chance I could have a copy of your mock exams please? Our teacher says he will give a mock next Thursday which doesn't give much time before the 17th to sort things out if I find I've got problems. I've finished everything but we have had so little help with the report write-up that I'm worried that my report will not be up to the job.
    Hope you can help, many thanks away

ReputationRep:
    extensions included in the special
    if you make a month field you can just write the month you want in the criteria or pass a parameter - [enter month]

so these percentages..each weekly slot, does that mean
    monday morn, monday afernoon, monday evening...
    or all the morning slots, all the afternoon ones, all the evening ones..?

why couldnt they make it clearer?

ReputationRep:
    yup it will be monday mor, monday after, monday evening, tuesday morning etc etc. I sorta got my % usage done now. I got figures of 25, 50, 75, 100 which i think is correct 4 each weekly slot. Now am going 2 find the percentage of each month i have used. For lil j, try using "??/02/2006" hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    People thanx 4 the help so far. Really appreciated. Am practically finished but i forgot one major part. You kno it says evenin extensions can be only made on friday/sat ... how can this be done. Would you create a update query with the required code? Any help

ReputationRep:
    For the documentation...
    Could someone post a list of things that need to be included in the documentation, even just a contents page list.

So far Ive included:
    Design
    Table Design
    Report Design
    Form Design
    Relationships

Implementation
    Tables
    Bookings
    Customers

I know I need screenshots etc. of validation and other errors. What else should I include?

ReputationRep:
    hey people please could someone help me,
    right well in my table i have a list of dates from from 01/01/2006 going to 30/01/2006. i also have a day column besides it, Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday etc etc.
    now i am creating my form, i have entered both peices of data,
    i want my system to change the day automatically when the date has been change how do i do this?
    i want to create the validation rule for evening extensions, so when evening has been selected and either friday or saturday have been selected i can then only add the extension, so far i have got the evening but right but not the fridat or saturday bit.
    i hope you understand and your help is greatly appreciated!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

First of all let me explain my situation. I am in year 13 and have decided to retake CPT3 after a crap result last year. Most of this year was taken up by doing CPT6 and its paperwork. Finally I have finished that and I now have 2 weeks to do CPT3!!! I have made a lot of the project, so far I can add customers, make bookings, check bookings made on a certain date and display all bookings made. I have not yet done the bill printouts. Is this the only thing I have left to do?

My system is set into 3 tables:

Session
    Booking
    Customer

They are linked together as below, is this correct?:

My main question is, what else do I need to do?? I need to get onto the paperwork ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    hye everyone ive done the %usages w00t w00t finally
    i used 2 queries *see attachment*
    thought id let you all see i did have to go thru every combination tho to find the %s and put them into the report, which took a bit of time
    sure there was a better way, but dont really have time to find it and thats god enough for me
    hope everyones almost done
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke C)
    For the documentation...
    Could someone post a list of things that need to be included in the documentation, even just a contents page list.

So far Ive included:
    Design
    Table Design
    Report Design
    Form Design
    Relationships

Implementation
    Tables
    Bookings
    Customers

I know I need screenshots etc. of validation and other errors. What else should I include?
    Your going to include some hard copies which should include printouts of a bill receipt which has been paid, and another which hasnt. A printout a transactions from the upcoming week, and another printout for the monthly summary which should include your percentage usage and total money collected.

We also had a small mock examination on Wednesday, and we all got our results this Friday i got an A with 78%. After looking at the grade boundries for this unit they are much more lenient than in CPT1 and CPT2, requiring around 67.8% in order to gain an A grade rather than the 80% mark.

ReputationRep:
    i am using VB as the face to my project and i want to open a access report in VB. Does anyone have the code to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty simple just place this behind a button or something:

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport reportname
    where reportname is in quotes (") if it contains spaces, good luck!

PS. If you just want to open it for previewing use:
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport reportname, acViewPreview

ReputationRep:
    so i dont have to put in the file path name or anything

ReputationRep:
    are you using the built in VB in access? thats what our class is doing. That way you just put the code in an Event (eg onClick of a button)

ReputationRep:
    no but i will try it that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    Your going to include some hard copies which should include printouts of a bill receipt which has been paid, and another which hasnt. A printout a transactions from the upcoming week, and another printout for the monthly summary which should include your percentage usage and total money collected.
    Feeling good now, I have all that stuff (and more).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.