Turn on thread page Beta

AQA computing CPT3 Village hall coursework watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ahh maybe i am barking up the wrong tree! my teacher said that you are allowed to use the 'user' to solve some of the problems, i think this is what i am going to do for this one!!! you may be right but it sounds a bit complicated

ReputationRep:
    ive been told the documentation has to be 25 - 30 pages max
    what's this write up that everyone's been doing? we havent done one, guess thats what the exam is for
    just put in the hard copies of reports, solution screen dumps, testing, sketches of forms, processing, security & integrity and think thats it
    but no evaluation or anything, thats more courseworky

if you have more than 30 pages you should really try to get it down, there might be stuff you dont need in there

ReputationRep:
    There is no actual limit on pages, they just say for you to try keeping it in that area so it's easier for the markers. :p:

ReputationRep:
    How have you guys done the testing for your monthly reports? Specifically the percentage usages. Do you have to prove that all of the 21 percentage usages are correct or can you do 1 or 2 any state that you've tested the rest but the results aren't shown in the documentation?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone tell wat we need to put in for Evaluation pls.

ReputationRep:
    The reason why everyones documentations are so big is because we are PREPARING well. If you look at the past papers, they dont just ask for referencing but things like to do a Data Flow Diagram for a certain process...If youve got this in your report you can just copy it out.

ReputationRep:
    i need to fail with dignity

ReputationRep:
    farhan where are you?

ReputationRep:
    hey...jus...wondering.....how long shud this report be....sum ppl say 20-25...and sum hav done over 100....wats going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.amir)
    hey...jus...wondering.....how long shud this report be....sum ppl say 20-25...and sum hav done over 100....wats going on?
    Read my last post:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    The reason why everyones documentations are so big is because we are PREPARING well. If you look at the past papers, they dont just ask for referencing but things like to do a Data Flow Diagram for a certain process...If youve got this in your report you can just copy it out.
    Who cares how long it is, as long as youve got it all in. Id say 50 pages is a good figure. A guy in my class has done 200+, but hes got an incredibly complicated and inefficient project.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m00c0w06)
    How have you guys done the testing for your monthly reports? Specifically the percentage usages. Do you have to prove that all of the 21 percentage usages are correct or can you do 1 or 2 any state that you've tested the rest but the results aren't shown in the documentation?

Thanks.
    You are only expected to show a sample. There is no need to repeat the same thing 21 times.

ReputationRep:
    u finally got on. well done. manz eating chicken curry. hows every1 doing.. we r bevin manz!!

ReputationRep:
    20-25 limit good, how u gonna be flicking throught 231 pages in an exam u aint got time bruv

ReputationRep:
    The guy I know who has 200+ has a CONTENTS PAGE. Its not hard to flick through to a certain page number.

ReputationRep:
    whos doing 200 ***in pages.....AQA hav specified allocations for the pages...its 20-25...think he took 20 for 200.

ReputationRep:
    but if AQA didnt want each candidate to stick within the page limits then why say 20-25 its to c whether u can write everything down simplified

ReputationRep:
    i mean.....to be honest ...this assignment suks.....the guy whos dne 200 pages needs to go out.

ReputationRep:
    can n e 1 tell me ........ wat to do for validation?.....do we show the validation for the fields... ie postcode....with annotations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.amir)
    i mean.....to be honest ...this assignment suks.....the guy whos dne 200 pages needs to go out.
    The guy whos done 200 pages needs to learn to code efficiently. His code is about 90 pages long. (part of the appendices)

ReputationRep:
    If I don't print any code out can I only lose marks for the questions that ask me to show where in the code

OR will the examiners catch on to the fact I have no code thus marking all my other bits wrong (SHowing invoices etc)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.