Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good site, but don't rely on it totally (Just compared it to my College's guide).

For example I think you should spend 15 mins creating some form designs by hand/in a paint package

ReputationRep:
    My teacher asked the exam board - its not necessary.

ReputationRep:
    lapsaJ, just looked at your site and it is exactly what i needed to get me started THANK YOU!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tash14)
    lapsaJ, just looked at your site and it is exactly what i needed to get me started THANK YOU!!!
    No worries. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Are we meant to include a DFD in our documentation? If so, do we need to do a 'level 0' DFD for our system or level 1 DFDs for our different processes?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me how to make it so that if you choose a booking type the correct booking cost comes up automatically? do you need a button on your form or is there another way? Thanx in advance of anyones help!

ReputationRep:
    If I'm drawing a context data flow diagram what entities would I need? I'm assuming I'd need user (because they're inputting the data) but I can't figure out what the heck else I'm meant to put on it :s Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    How can i do a query that gets all the customers that have not paid. I'm using check boxes for the ones that have paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan121)
    How can i do a query that gets all the customers that have not paid. I'm using check boxes for the ones that have paid.

put false in the criteria for this field. It will then select all the ones that dont have the box ticked.

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking at some of the past papers and it seems they are pretty equal in terms of general / documentation questions. Last year you needed around half to scrape a C, I bet any money it will be slightly lower this year due to the difficulty of some of the project. So if you score just a few documentation marks and the rest of the general marks you should just pass with a low C / high D.

Then get your head round CPT1

God I'm glad I leave College forever in 2 weeks and don't have to do A2

ReputationRep:
    I've taken screenshots of my forms in design view and annotated them stating the names of controls, the validation used on certain fields and the general purpose of the form. Do I need to take screenshots of the forms when they're running too? If so, will I just need to screenshot them or will I need to write something about them too? As I've already written about my forms in design view.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m00c0w06)
    Do I need to take screenshots of the forms when they're running too? If so, will I just need to screenshot them or will I need to write something about them too? As I've already written about my forms in design view.
    You probably need to screenshot them running for the evidence part but you will only need to write about them if you can see something that is not on the design view forms like error messages etc.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone no if we have to do a dataflow diagram cos the last couple of years they did but i cant find anywhere in this years specification that says we have to
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tash14)
    You probably need to screenshot them running for the evidence part but you will only need to write about them if you can see something that is not on the design view forms like error messages etc.
    Right got ya. Thanks alot I'm also curious as to whether or not we have to do a DFD. I've just drawn one up but I'm not sure whether it's complete :confused: Basically I've drawn a context DFD with the system in the middle, two external entities which are the VH treasurer and the customer... the treasurer enters bookings etc. and receives reports but the only data flow I have from the system to the customer is the customer receiving the invoices. Does that sound right?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I dont no cos it doesnt say we have to do a DFD but in the past people have i was hoping for help on that too! However what you have done does sound right to me!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done a DFD - but I have done a JSPD. I think they just want one maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I no this makes me sound a bit thick but what is a JSPD when its at home?!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am using Visual basic built into access for my project. I am trying to make a query using recordsets but this will not work what ever i try. The query returns all of my records when i only want the ones in the specified dates. can anyone help?

Code:
    sqlquery = "SELECT * FROM tblBooking WHERE (((tblBooking.Date)<#" & (searchdate + 7) & "# And (tblBooking.Date)>#" & searchdate & "#));"
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(sqlquery, dbOpenDynaset)
    EDIT: no worries it seems to work now.

ReputationRep:
    Will the exam board have any qualms if I number my pages manually in the bottom right corner? Because I have some pages that are landscape and some portrait so if I use a header/footer in MS Word it gets screwed basically.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It says you have to number the pages clearly so as long as it is clear i am sure it doesnt matter if it is done by hand or not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.