AQA computing CPT3 Village hall coursework Watch

smaua
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
can anyone please help with what i asked on post http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...&postcount=632 ? or if not, do you think the ppl marking could tell it doesn`t work properly from the code -> i could just fake it?? thanks!
d3r2000
Report 12 years ago
hi, YER in response to ur VB thing, not to sure about how u doing it, but if ur using like an access database with ADODC or datasource or a Dataconnection, just make a query in access which does that date thing for you and link it to that, or open it in SQL view and use its SQL in visual basic.
lapsaJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The code doesnt need to work, they arent gona check.
d3r2000
Report 12 years ago
does anyone have that zigzag booklet or guidance on cpt3 or 6(tat will also help) please send to me thanks.
TheInflamableSquirel
Report 12 years ago
"Every month the treasurer needs to calculate the following: total money taken for occasional bookings" for the the village hall.
I wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks
TheInflamableSquirel
Johnt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Am I allowed to put definitions of things in my coursework?

i.e. A short explanation on what a ERD is and what it does

Or will that be considered cheating?
sonu9
Report 12 years ago
I'm stuck on that to.

I have 3 fields that are required:
CustomerID
DateEvent
FeeDue

In the customerid field I put <>1, because id1 is the regular bookings.
It counts but separtly, I need a total of FeeDue.

Any ideas teachercol?
Johnt
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The best idea at this stage IMO is to *cough* doctor *cough* the screenshot and hope they don't ask for coding evidence in the exam
sonu9
Report 12 years ago
I going to have to leave usuage statistics alone. I can't do them.
smaua
Report 12 years ago
d3r2000: thanks for the idea, but i managed to get in working in the end only using vba. just needed some more paranteses in places.

TheInflamableSquirel: I'm doing my total money for occasional bookings just now. i'm trying to use SQL and the Sum function to add up all the prices of the fields which are not regular bookings.

Does anyone know what it means by every month? should i make the user be able to specify the month they wish the total to be for? or just make it to the previous month from thecurrent date?

Also, i`ve counted the usage eg of all sunday mornings using a query. then i tried to calculate the percentage in another query. Expr1: ([SUN-AM].[Expr1]/4*100) but it keeps asking me for [sun-am].[expr1] when i try to run the query..dunno why is there another way to run a query from a query? oh , and when i run the first query which counts the usage, the result is shown on several rows, probably the number of records i have alltogether in my bookings table..any way to make it only show on one row? or maybe that`s why the percentage isn`t working properly?
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So, since the exam's in 4 days

What questions is everyone betting will be asked?

I can see something coming up about emails, definitely.
Johnt
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
So, since the exam's in 4 days

What questions is everyone betting will be asked?

I can see something coming up about emails, definitely.
So can I

The stupid treasurer who probably dosen't know how to switch his computer on in the first place is planning to use email billing in future

Name 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages to this, and jutify your reasons.

It'll be worth 4 marks, be totally irrelevant to the project I have spent months working meaning I might as well have not done the project in the first place
Taylor
Report 12 years ago
Hi people, I just need to do this then i will be finished yippe lol. I have this in my form, it is a total fee text box that has a control source of....
=IIf([Special Occasion]=True,10,IIf([Evening Extension]=True,20,Forms!frmCustomer![frmBooking Subform].Form!fee))

Is it possible to save the outcome of this text box into the total fee field in tblbookings.

If any one can help i would be highly grateful.
Thanks,
Taylor
d3r2000
Report 12 years ago
create a query with all ur fields in it from the table on that field u got ur calculation jus type that "field name : IIf([Special Occasion]=True,10,IIf([Evening Extension]=True,20,Forms!frmCustomer![frmBooking Subform].Form!fee))" and it will save into the query, link ur form to tat query.
nishanmru
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by f.amir)
oi nishan.... dont make up thingz yeh....i hav only done 5 ***in pages.....believe it or stuff it up ur assss.....

getting a bit tense.. ?? looool, chill dude but its hard to believe in 2 weeks work u've hit 5 pages? good luck anyway.. u got ur bros!! u'll b fine!!
nishanmru
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by manutd2k)
wat grade do you guys think u will be gettin HONESTLY for cpt3

-U
nishanmru
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sonu9)
I going to have to leave usuage statistics alone. I can't do them.
raj kapoor has done that!
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Johnt)
So can I

The stupid treasurer who probably dosen't know how to switch his computer on in the first place is planning to use email billing in future

Name 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages to this, and jutify your reasons.

It'll be worth 4 marks, be totally irrelevant to the project I have spent months working meaning I might as well have not done the project in the first place
Hopefully most of the exam will be taken up by page references..

Hmm, I think I'm gonna probably get a C ish.
nizzex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can Somebody Kindly Send Me Their Documentation, Please! I Need It For Tomorrow!
nizzex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
CAN SOMEBODY KINDLY SEND ME THEIR DOCUMENTATION, PLEASE! I NEED IT FOR TOMORROW!:eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads