Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Meh, all you people using access have got it easy

ReputationRep:
    well why didnt you use access then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about how to put my hard copy outputs in my documentation. The Village Hall specs say ". . . This can be inserted into a word-processed document for the purpose of adding page numbers and headers/footers." So I was just going to take screenshots and stick them in my documentation.

But I read the examiners report yesterday for last years CPT3.

Hard copies

It has been emphasized in past examiner’s reports that a hard copy means just that, not a screen dump
    inserted in a page of text. The brief stated that hard copy output of the final turkey list, customer list,
    summary of total takings from sales and customer bills with and without discount should be included.
    Most candidates included actual hard copies of the bills, but often only screen dumps of the turkey list
    were included in the documentation and these could not be credited.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-Jun05.pdf (Page 13)

WHAT DO I DO?

ReputationRep:
    Give the guy a break! The guys having a nervous breakdown so he asked. Why make his life hell?

ReputationRep:
    lol cause its more fun than helping :P

I personally wouldn't be bothered to give him my write up, its gonna be seriously obvious if he tries to copy work that doesn't look like his own database.

ReputationRep:
    Other questions I think might be asked...

- question to define security and integrity, then examples of how to enhance the system's security
    - maintenance
    - feasibility

Any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to make the report to put up on the village notice board but i cant work out how to make it a page a week i can only make it so it all comes up at once
    Any help?!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i used a query filtering by date...with criteria
    Between Now() And DateAdd("d",+7,Date())

not sure if that`s what they meant because with this you can`t use it other times than last week..but still. other ideas you could try to ask the user to enter the dates between which they want the report like Between [Enter end date] And [Enter start date]

ReputationRep:
    Great thanks i'll try it out!!!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what they mean by method of data entry including validation? in my data dictionary i`ve put a column saying validation. is that all it is to it?

ReputationRep:
    Man.. writing the report is longggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smaua)
    does anyone know what they mean by method of data entry including validation? in my data dictionary i`ve put a column saying validation. is that all it is to it?
    How does the data get into your system? ie user interface. eg use a yes/no button for this field. Use a menu for that field etc.

ReputationRep:
    Teachercollll save mee! I think I might just fail in this one. I'm resitting last terms test. Overall how will this all effect me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkA)
    I'm confused about how to put my hard copy outputs in my documentation. The Village Hall specs say ". . . This can be inserted into a word-processed document for the purpose of adding page numbers and headers/footers." So I was just going to take screenshots and stick them in my documentation.

But I read the examiners report yesterday for last years CPT3.

Hard copies

It has been emphasized in past examiner’s reports that a hard copy means just that, not a screen dump
    inserted in a page of text. The brief stated that hard copy output of the final turkey list, customer list,
    summary of total takings from sales and customer bills with and without discount should be included.
    Most candidates included actual hard copies of the bills, but often only screen dumps of the turkey list
    were included in the documentation and these could not be credited.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-Jun05.pdf (Page 13)

WHAT DO I DO?
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Put the hard copy in. They are clear that they want to see the actual printouts as part of the documentation.

You CAN use paper however that already has your name and number printed on it. Make this clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaz)
    Teachercollll save mee! I think I might just fail in this one. I'm resitting last terms test. Overall how will this all effect me?
    I would have done - but you spelled my name wrong so .... sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    I would have done - but you spelled** my name wrong so .... sorry.

Oh come on Teachercol :rolleyes:

spelt*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    Put the hard copy in. They are clear that they want to see the actual printouts as part of the documentation.

You CAN use paper however that already has your name and number printed on it. Make this clear.
    Ok thanks. Or could I just write my name and page number on the bottom so they know for sure that it is an actually hard copy?

ReputationRep:
    I handed mine in today, minus all the statistic bits and calculations! So I'm done for if they ask about those

But I feel if I get the majority of the theory marks and a few of the practical marks I should just get through this.

Just this afternoon I realized I had put a charge of £8 for the bookings rather than the £12 stated in the specification :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've got one more lesson tomorrow so I am trying to get it finished today so that my tutor can look at it tomorrow.

Just got a few more things
    - Got to add a few more bookings then I can print my statistics page
    - Havent printed a hard copy of the weekly booking list yet but it works
    - Take screenshots of table, forms, reports and queries in design view
    - Then just print out all the rest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.