Turn on thread page Beta

AQA computing CPT3 Village hall coursework watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its risky putting more than 1 page reference but examiners have said they will look at up to 3 references.

I's just give a reference to a page where they can see what you want them to see. If you're not sure what they want, its counter productive giving three references and hoping they pick the right one - they just pick the wrong one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd2k)
    Aint 2 sure what to revise myself, but looking at them past papers it looks pretty straight foward (i hope)
    I'd focus on the systems cycle - and stuff like integrity and security. Data protection might feature too.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else not include a list of raw data?

I didn't, mainly because I didn't have any in the first place

ReputationRep:
    hey! im just trying to get my head round the whole database and get to understand it a bit more and came across this: u no the hirer can only book between 2 weeks and 2 months...ive got the formula and everything in a query but i tried it out in one of my forms but it didnt work? is a message supposed to come up saying you cant do it.. if that makes sense?!?

thanks
    xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    jus 2 clearify right wen it says "This question relates to the DESIGN section blah blah..." ... Give a page reference....is that reference coming FROM your design area of your documentation and no where else!!

ReputationRep:
    well i wasn't told to have a design section and implementation section etc..! :eek:

i don't think it actually matters where it comes from as long as you have it somewhere.....hopefully...

and also I was wondering ..how many marks would be given for a DFD? Cos mine is just 'faeces'...:flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisname)
    well i wasn't told to have a design section and implementation section etc..! :eek:

i don't think it actually matters where it comes from as long as you have it somewhere.....hopefully...

and also I was wondering ..how many marks would be given for a DFD? Cos mine is just 'faeces'...:flutter:
    Hopefully zero since I didn't even include one!

I've noticed sometimes it won't be a reference but rather a 'complete the diagram provided' or 'draw a diagram in the space below'

ReputationRep:
    oh! that's true..i just saw one of those ques on the tod's tyres paper.....lol..my DFD is literally 2 boxes: customer and treasurer and an arrow with booking details on top! Genius!

ReputationRep:
    Man, i've just finished my coursework. it's 546 pages long and thats only the contents page.

ReputationRep:
    Man, i've just finished my coursework. it's 546 pages long and thats only the contents page.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you have to do a DFD as they have not asked for one anywhere, i hope so cos i havent done one!! I think you just need an entity relationship diagram

ReputationRep:
    Mate I don't see anywhere about systems lifecycle tbh... it isn't in CP1 or CP2 IIRC so why would it?

ReputationRep:
    those noodles i ate yesterday man, at the end of the day i was farting out my coursework.

ReputationRep:
    my ass turned into a laser printer. 5 pages per second

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of upgrading it to a scanner aswell. anyone got any tips

ReputationRep:
    For those stil wondering about the conventions regarding the layout of your documentation, regarding where to punch your hole and number your pages then checkout these comments made in the most recent Examiner Report for CPT3 2005;

Documentation

It was pleasing to note this year that there were very few scripts with documentation of more than 100
    pages in length attached. Centres are again reminded of the advised length of 20 to 25 pages and that the
    pages must be numbered consecutively in the bottom right hand corner. Also documentation is much
    easier to deal with, both in an examination and by an examiner, if it is treasury tagged at the top left hand
    corner and not placed in binders, folders etc. The Practical Exercise Cover Sheet must be signed by the
    teacher and attached to the front of the documentation.
    EDIT: Furniture, why not actually do something constructive within this thread rather than deter away from its original purpose, which was to help out users with their project and not to gloat at the quantity of your documentation.

ReputationRep:
    What is a system lifecycle? cos i tink there are going to be some questions on it and i am not going to be able to answer them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Mate I don't see anywhere about systems lifecycle tbh... it isn't in CP1 or CP2 IIRC so why would it?
    its on the syllabus for Module 3.

Analysis
    Design
    Implementaion
    Testing
    Evaluation.

ReputationRep:
    I can't quite reel it off the top of my head - but it goes analysis, design, implementation, testing, evaluation etc...

(Edit: a proper answer above ).

Anyone else noticed that the solution as it stands is in breach of the DPA? Since it contains no algorithm to get rid of old bookings, the data is being kept longer than nescesarry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    For those stil wondering about the conventions regarding the layout of your documentation, regarding where to punch your hole and number your pages then checkout these comments made in the most recent Examiner Report for CPT3 2005;
    Ah yes I knew I had read it somewhere slightly official, my documentation meets those specifications well

I have a question to the people who have over 100 pages of documentation. How exactly have you managed to fill so many pages? I cannot comprehend the amount of stuff that you must have included.
    Good luck hole punching through your wads anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.