*Slids, Falls on butt, Goes Home and Screams ICE DAY!!!*

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hi, does anyone else have the day off because of the weather??

It rained here (Wales) last night and of course then froze, so everywhere was just one big piece of ice...

I managed to get to my bus stop just about...and on time (for once). I use the tactic...slid, grab a rubbish bin, slid, grab a rubbish bin, find some grass...worked pretty well.

I waited an hour like everyone else and no bus showed up so I had to get back up my street hill (not an easy task) to my house and phone school who told me there was school but my area had been allowed off because no buses at all could get up the main hill (where I live it is all hills) so I got a day off.

10 o'clock though my friend who lives where buses could go, phoned me later to say school had been cancelled for everyone...ICE DAY had arrived!
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
thats kool with you getting off skool, but not kool with people falling down and stuff.

i live a up a hill, not very big, but lots of potential to slide down.
but oh well, we had a 'little' snow and then quickly turned to ice and thenmnow its mostly melted.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)

It rained here (Wales) last night and of course then froze, so everywhere was just one big piece of ice...

I managed to get to my bus stop just about...and on time (for once). I use the tactic...slid, grab a rubbish bin, slid, grab a rubbish bin, find some grass...worked pretty well.

I waited an hour like everyone else and no bus showed up so I had to get back up my street hill (not an easy task) to my house and phone school who told me there was school but my area had been allowed off because no buses at all could get up the main hill (where I live it is all hills) so I got a day off.

10 o'clock though my friend who lives where buses could go, phoned me later to say school had been cancelled for everyone...ICE DAY had arrived!

Where in the Wales do you live? My relatives live in Tenby.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know my old school got the day off yesterday because lots of people who go to the school come from villages around the area and the snow was so bad that it was too dangerous for the school buses to go round the country lanes and get everyone to school. Its not fair - i've never had a day off school cos of the snow!
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'm very upset that i got hardly any snow. I was hoping for a day off.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)

Lucky you! Unfortunately, it's way too mild here. When I used to live in Wales, it never used to get snowy or icy, just rained all the time! You get a nice long weekend anyway.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
we got snow... but then it melted about 5 minutes later. Its been icey everywhere since... and i went wandering for a job interview yest, kept almost slipping over. I was quite pissed off by the time I arrived lol
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Everything was iced over down here, I din't even realise until I found myself slowly sliding backwards down a hill.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (211)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.24%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (198)
40.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.63%

Watched Threads