The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ive applied as well and...im not so sure either. i didn't see it though so im not the right person to pass judgement, right?
on top of that i didnt even get a reply yet so im quite nervous...how is it going out? i mean...do i really need to have pep spray with me costantly? my friend went and she said it was 'in the ghetto' of course she exaggerated and i know that is not true but still...is it true that the area will improve soon for the Olympiads?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
can anyone give any info about their economics course, L100? and just out of curiosity if someone wanted to change their course from straight economics to maths and econ. at QM is it really difficult?
Reply 22
I'm not sure about changing courses in the Economics department but in Law its quite easy-as long as there's space I suppose you can change courses and for joint degrees there isn't a set number of places avaliable.
I went to visit qmul last week and completely fell in love with it :cool:
Reply 24
Georgia
ive applied as well and...im not so sure either. i didn't see it though so im not the right person to pass judgement, right?
on top of that i didnt even get a reply yet so im quite nervous...how is it going out? i mean...do i really need to have pep spray with me costantly? my friend went and she said it was 'in the ghetto' of course she exaggerated and i know that is not true but still...is it true that the area will improve soon for the Olympiads?

Improvement is happening all the time. You would love QMUL in 2006. And yes, the olympics are having an effect already, I've heard some of the atheletes and people from Olympics will be using the Student Accomodation during their stay.
Reply 25
Georgia

Is pepper spray even legal for us civilians to carry? Mile End Road is a complete dump at night. However it's still not the worst as Stratford feels like a dump even by daytime.
i'm not sure. i think you might need a licence. although you can carry a pen with you. its not much but its a good self-defence weapon.
^ I agree with a pen being usefull. My friend was attacked but thankfully had a pen and managed to sketch the criminal and this lead to him being caught. East london is half as bad as people make out, the crime rate is high and as long as your sensible .. you should be fine.
Reply 28
Sarah_Kiya
I went to visit qmul last week and completely fell in love with it :cool:

Hehe, yeah, I had an interview last week. Still waiting on an offer though... all in good time, hopefully.

I thought the location would be worse than it is. Right in between two Central/District line stations, and the 25 to the middle of London? Yes please. :biggrin:
Reply 29
What do you mean pepper spray is illegal? since when? I actually never even had it so why am i so sure?....
a pen...yep...

Do they always call you in for an itnerview?
Pandy
Hehe, yeah, I had an interview last week. Still waiting on an offer though... all in good time, hopefully.

I thought the location would be worse than it is. Right in between two Central/District line stations, and the 25 to the middle of London? Yes please. :biggrin:

lol i know, i doubt i would be spending much time in the east london area anyway, if im not at uni I would either go home or go shopping!
Reply 31
Sarah_Kiya
lol i know, i doubt i would be spending much time in the east london area anyway, if im not at uni I would either go home or go shopping!

not staying at halls then? I'm considering it... the whole experience, meeting new people. It'd make going out with mates from uni a LOT easier, thats for sure. As for shopping, 25 to Oxford Circus. Sorted :wink:

--------------

Georgia
What do you mean pepper spray is illegal? since when? I actually never even had it so why am i so sure?....
a pen...yep...

Do they always call you in for an itnerview?

With history they told me that they did...
Reply 32
I think the location is fantastic - it's close enough to central london without the extortionate prices...and what other London unis have the space to have their own proper campus? :smile:
Reply 33
Woolly - ditto.
Reply 34
woolly
I think the location is fantastic - it's close enough to central london without the extortionate prices...and what other London unis have the space to have their own proper campus? :smile:

Royal Holloway? :wink:
Reply 35
The 25 takes 50 minutes to Oxford Circus - make it 55 minutes if you're taking it from Mile End! :biggrin:
Pandy
not staying at halls then? I'm considering it... the whole experience, meeting new people. It'd make going out with mates from uni a LOT easier, thats for sure. As for shopping, 25 to Oxford Circus. Sorted :wink:

no im staying in an apartment, its not that the halls are bad (because I've seen them) but i just can't see myself living there. And yeah im glad i can jump on the 25 and get to oxford circus (with minimum effort) :biggrin: ...although buses take a lot of time, its a lot cheaper to travel by bus. I was in london for a week and spent £30 just on travelling via tube! Thats pretty expensive since, where i live, a term bus pass (lasting 4months) only costs £64
Reply 37
Fluffy
Royal Holloway? :wink:

Your having a laugh - right?
Royal Holloway near to London? I'd get to C.London quicker from Brighton on a fast Thameslink! Isn't it in Epsom[1] which is in some fields in Surrey? Zone 6?? with a really bad train line to even get to Waterloo.

[1] Edit: I meant Egham!
Reply 38
walshie
Your having a laugh - right?
Royal Holloway near to London? I'd get to C.London quicker from Brighton on a fast Thameslink! Isn't it in Epsom[1] which is in some fields in Surrey? Zone 6?? with a really bad train line to even get to Waterloo.

[1] Edit: I meant Egham!

The question was:
woolie
and what other London unis have the space to have their own proper campus?

Given RH is part of the UoL....
Reply 39
Pacific
The 25 takes 50 minutes to Oxford Circus - make it 55 minutes if you're taking it from Mile End! :biggrin:

Avoid the Rush Hour you idiot. I get to Oxford Street in 30-35mins everytime.

Latest

Trending

Trending