This discussion is closed.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
OK, i get next semesters timetable and praise be, I have all of tues,wed and fri off and only 1 hour on a moday, but i have about 7 hours on a thurs... not a big deal.

I then applied for loads of jobs so i could use my free time constructivly and rewardingly... but i just got an email from one job, which is the one I really want, saying that interview and training are on the 12th and 24th of next month... both of which are thursdays :mad:

I don't wanna go all the way up to london - which is where they are, and it'll cost loads! for summat i might not even get... especially on the frst lectures of the new subjects...

ohhh, but i really want that job. wat do you guys think?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
OK, i get next semesters timetable and praise be, I have all of tues,wed and fri off and only 1 hour on a moday, but i have about 7 hours on a thurs... not a big deal.

I then applied for loads of jobs so i could use my free time constructivly and rewardingly... but i just got an email from one job, which is the one I really want, saying that interview and training are on the 12th and 24th of next month... both of which are thursdays :mad:

I don't wanna go all the way up to london - which is where they are, and it'll cost loads! for summat i might not even get... especially on the frst lectures of the new subjects...

ohhh, but i really want that job. wat do you guys think?
Maybe you could go to the first date and see what happens... if everything is ok you could also go to the second date or only lose a day of classes.
rednirt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Maybe you could go to the first date and see what happens... if everything is ok you could also go to the second date or only lose a day of classes.
i only have to go to one day... their just both the same day of the week so whichever i chose, if i do i'm stuffed lol
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i only have to go to one day... their just both the same day of the week so whichever i chose, if i do i'm stuffed lol
Well then I think you should go, losing one day isn't the end of the world.
rednirt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Well then I think you should go, losing one day isn't the end of the world.
i know, but I'm a geek who hates skipping classes - i mean i stopped going to it here cos it was the most pointless lesson ever, and i had it on my conscience for days lol.

i wouldn't mind, but as i said, it'd be the first day of lectures on new topics... oh, why can't I make up my mind
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
how strict are they on attendance cos if i missed 7 lectures i'd be in loads of trouble with my department because they take a register for every class. If we miss them without a reasonable its goes on our rescord and we get nasty letters

but if the job sounds good and your department arn't too strict then go for it.
rednirt
Rep:
?
(Original post by emom100)
how strict are they on attendance cos if i missed 7 lectures i'd be in loads of trouble with my department because they take a register for every class. If we miss them without a reasonable its oges on our rescord and we get nasty letters
we dont have registers but its a 3 hour lecture in the morning, a 3 hour one in the afternoon and a seminar (with register) in between. not 7 different lectures.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
At Salford though they take registers they have a policy of optional lectures. In otherwords if you don't attend they won't chase you up, however the registers influence the tutors marking so if somebody has not been turning up and does poor work they would fail them when normaly it would be a pass. Also if you turn up for most lecturers and really struggle the lecturers will help you to get a basic 40% pass.

Missing a couple of lessons won't hurt but at the start of a semester it be a bit of a problem. Good luck witht he job interviews though.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you could phone the company up and politely ask them to change the dates if possible, because you're not free on thursdays.
rednirt
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
you could phone the company up and politely ask them to change the dates if possible, because you're not free on thursdays.
why didnt i think if that... i hope i wasn't as dull in the exam I just had!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
why didnt i think if that... i hope i wasn't as dull in the exam I just had!
what do you mean?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
15.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
10.97%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.83%
Loneliness (101)
8.65%
Financial worries (39)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (104)
8.91%

Watched Threads