The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Their names sound like foreign breadcrumbs.
Original post by emmanottinghil
Ollie to come out? Penguin boy to attempt to source a giraffe? Caggie to form a lesbian love triangle with Amber and Millie? God, it could be all of those or any other random combination of general wierdness.

Well if Ollie doesn't come out it'll be disappointing! such a build up! haha
Reply 142
Original post by emmanottinghil
Ollie to come out? Penguin boy to attempt to source a giraffe? Caggie to form a lesbian love triangle with Amber and Millie? God, it could be all of those or any other random combination of general wierdness.

Gabz must be blind if she cant estbalish hes gay, or, at the very least extremely camp. I cant believe he curls his eyelashes, thats gayer than gay lol.

Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how they'll conclude the series.
Yes, maybe they will have an Ollie Is Not Coming Out After All storyline, complete with party.

This programme is directed as if some kind of fantastically clueless script team from Kazakhstan or Fairbanks Alaska just thought of lists of ridiculous things that rich kids might do and then just sort of hurl them onto the screen, provided that the not-so-young "kids" in them remember to look absurdly, monstrously stilted all the time they are uttering their stupidly faked-up fantasy lines.

I wonder if it will come to be remembered with the sort of reverence reserved for past programmes that were so ghastly everyone loves talking about them? Or if it's not even bad enough for that?

Original post by don'tyouremember?
Well if Ollie doesn't come out it'll be disappointing! such a build up! haha
Reply 144
I laughed out loud when Ollie said 'I'm bi' and Binky responded with 'I know babe'. As if anyone didn't?!
Original post by ice tea
I laughed out loud when Ollie said 'I'm bi' and Binky responded with 'I know babe'. As if anyone didn't?!

haha i did too! i'm watching now, it's so cringey
Reply 146
This show sums up middle class people!
Original post by Skill
This show sums up middle class people!

They are upper class
I just knewwww he was gonna say "I'm gay!" (well technically he said "i'm bi" but I thought it was gonna be gay) at that wee scene. Knew it.
Reply 149
Original post by venenecinema
They are upper class

Same thing as far as I'm concerned in many ways. Horrible people. External everything.
is it wrong that i enjoy watching it?
here come the neg reps :frown:. x
Original post by Skill
Same thing as far as I'm concerned in many ways. Horrible people. External everything.

Same thing? The vast majority of British people are middle-class, therefore you are making an incredibly sweeping generalization of an entire culture.
They are upper class

what makes them upper class?
Reply 153
Same thing? The vast majority of British people are middle-class, therefore you are making an incredibly sweeping generalization of an entire culture.

what? Totally wrong. Are you drunk?
A lot of people visualise the "upper class" as just the royal family plus some earls and landed gentry and everyone below that as "middle class" but this isn't reality. Generally people who live off investments, don't have to work particularly hard or in a "career way" but have property and income are somewhere above the middle class. Middle class, even "upper-middles" have to work at a career and are generally professional people. People above that are something else - either "upper" or "owning" class. In Britain, people tend to call them "rich" or "posh" but those terms can be confusing as a lot of "rich" people can be originally from the working class (think of Alan Sugar) and might still associate themselves with that identity in their minds; in my experience people called "posh" are often part of the upper-middles or, as in the case of Victoria B, not actually posh at all. Oh dear, such a lot of confusion.

I think at least some of the supposed "characters" of Made in C are probably above middle-class, or at least they are meant to be. In reality, some are lower down the scale than this programme would like us to think.

A lot of "upper class" people don't like to say they are, for fear of ridicule and loathing. So they hide in the "upper middle class".

Original post by Cardiff Kook
what makes them upper class?
Original post by Skill
what? Totally wrong. Are you drunk?

Nope, but they are definitely not middle class, I am middle class and I am incredibly different from these people. The majority of people living in chelsea are upper class, I think you need to gain a better understanding of the class system before making comments like that.
I watch both MIC and TOWIE (I can't watch GS as I don't have MTV) I think TOWIE is better mainly because despite both groups of people being equally as stupid, the people from Essex can be related to (I wouldn't gave said that before watching MIC) whilst the people from MIC seem to just have completely ludicrous lives. I do love how they seem to be completely incompetent at deLinng with each others relationships though >_<
I agree, Way is Essex is a much more sincere programme within it's overall ghastly audience exploitation format. :smile: Have you seen "Young Rich and Househunting"?

Original post by AspiringGenius
I watch both MIC and TOWIE (I can't watch GS as I don't have MTV) I think TOWIE is better mainly because despite both groups of people being equally as stupid, the people from Essex can be related to (I wouldn't gave said that before watching MIC) whilst the people from MIC seem to just have completely ludicrous lives. I do love how they seem to be completely incompetent at deLinng with each others relationships though >_<
Nope, but they are definitely not middle class, I am middle class and I am incredibly different from these people. The majority of people living in chelsea are upper class, I think you need to gain a better understanding of the class system before making comments like that.

They're upper middle for the majority.
To be upper class you're family has to have a title and [usually] land.
Upper middle is the term used for people such as the Middletons, and those in MIC - very wealthy, but made through business etc. Upper class refers only to the remaining aristocracy.
There is no way in hell these guys are upper class (for one I follow the 'you need a title to be upper class' thing) - they're nouveau riche and have so little class. It's essentially The Only Way Is Essex with lots of money. And you'd think they'd give the girls some make up advice - orange with clumpy lashes! :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest