The Student Room Group

Help!! I'm literally ADDICTED to softmints.

Anyone else experienced this?

There are what 10 softmints in a roll? For the past 2 days, while I've been revising, I've been going through 5, yes 5 rolls of softmints in a 5-6 hour revision sesh.

Wtf?

I cannot help myself. I keep craving more. Then I open 1 packet, say take only one, save the rest for tomorrow. Next thing I know, there is only 1 left. And repeat.

I no longer have control over my desire for softmints.

What can I do to curb my addiction? :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by IceWater
Anyone else experienced this?

There are what 10 softmints in a roll? For the past 2 days, while I've been revising, I've been going through 5, yes 5 rolls of softmints in a 5-6 hour revision sesh.

Wtf?

I cannot help myself. I keep craving more. Then I open 1 packet, say take only one, save the rest for tomorrow. Next thing I know, there is only 1 left. And repeat.

I no longer have control over my desire for softmints.

What can I do to curb my addiction? :eek:

Your breath must be minty fresh then... can I kiss you? :colondollar:

But in all seriousness, its probably due to exam stress. Try replacing softmints with grapes or nuts or other small snacks as they're far more healthier and will give you the energy you need. Or chew on a mint leaf.
Reply 2
Original post by nerimon18
Your breath must be minty fresh then... can I kiss you? :colondollar:

But in all seriousness, its probably due to exam stress. Try replacing softmints with grapes or nuts or other small snacks as they're far more healthier and will give you the energy you need. Or chew on a mint leaf.

only if you're a female :ninja:

That's true, I tend to constantly eat bits of anything regardless of what it is. I'll try and replace it iwht something healthy like grapes or smoething, thanks!
Reply 3
only if you're a female :ninja:

That's true, I tend to constantly eat bits of anything regardless of what it is. I'll try and replace it iwht something healthy like grapes or smoething, thanks!

:sexface: I am. PM if you fancy having a nice chat.
Reply 4
Ha, you're even more extreme than me. I'd try brushing your teeth right before you sit down to revise, that way you'll already taste mint and you won't want to spoil your perfectly clean teeth by eating :smile:
Why would you want help? Softmints are awesome!
O_O

Did I write this thread in my sleep or something?

I've been suffering from softmint addiction for several years now and still haven't found the cure... Got a pack of 7 rolls on Saturday and two are already gone :sad:
I want softmints now. How much are they these days?
Reply 8
Original post by Aemiliana
I want softmints now. How much are they these days?

Not sure! 6 packs are not that expensive, £2 maybe. 300 softmints for £2 :redface:

I feel extremely sick now, hopefully my mind will make the association between softmints and feeling sick and stop me from craving them :sigh:

Not sure! 6 packs are not that expensive, £2 maybe. 300 softmints for £2 :redface:

I feel extremely sick now, hopefully my mind will make the association between softmints and feeling sick and stop me from craving them :sigh:

Just bought 5 for £3. Clearly got ripped off :sigh:

Ah yes, that'll work for maybe all of 48 hours :p:
I went to the dentist when I was little and remember seeing this awful photo of this person's teeth, they had sucked polos to kick their smoking habit, but as a result their teeth were ROTTEN by polos!
Reply 11
Won't eating that many softmints give bad after effects? I got through 2 large bags of glacier mints in a day... painful.
Reply 12
Could be worse...you could be going through 5 packs of heroin a day!

My suggestion would be to just stop buying them. Or hide them nowhere near where you do revision.
Get help NOW. Same thing happened to me a a few years back, it started with just a few sneaky softmints, but before I knew it I was on 70 packs a day, having to steal from total strangers to feed my minty habit.
Original post by spidergareth
Get help NOW. Same thing happened to me a a few years back, it started with just a few sneaky softmints, but before I knew it I was on 70 packs a day, having to steal from total strangers to feed my minty habit.

This happened to me too.

OP you'll soon be moving on to more hardcore mints. Trebor extra strong mints, Fishermen's Friend... It's a slippery road.
Least you're not addicted to crack...
Surely they will be affecting your...er....toilet habits?
Reply 17
Hey, im a Dental Nurse What you are doing is so bad for your teeth!! I had a patient once who sucked on polo mints every day for a few weeks and because of it needed a filling in every tooth all 32 of them!!!
The problem with softmints is that they don't last long, so you keep reaching for more until the pack is gone :'( why not try and replace your softmint addiction with a harder candy that lasts longer? Or perhaps something healthier. Maybe fishermans friend? :sexface:
They are indeed :biggrin:

Latest