Turn on thread page Beta

Unit 1 protein synthesis + w1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know a few things if anyone could help me..
    1. where does tRNA come from and where does it go to after forming anticodones for mRNA?
    2. How and why does golgi body modify proteins?
    3. Where does mRNA go after coding?
    4. What is a secretory vesicle?

And can any other type of plannig come for w1 paper or will it be the same pattern which is always an enzymes plannig since the new format came...
    If there could be could someone please tell the possibilities..

Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    1. It comes from the cytoplasm and after finishing its busines at the ribosome it goes back there

2. It is realy difficult question. They are many complicated reactions and pathways occuring there. You have no need whatsoever to understand any of that. Basicly some proteins need some other bits attached to them (like carbohydrates) to act effectively. If you are dying for details goodle it to find all exciting facts about cleavage of polysaccharide chains on proteoglycans, phosphorylation of hydrolytic enzymes and glycosylation of sugar residues.

4. vesicle used for secretion Little bubble surrounded by a memebrane that takes stuff from the Golgi aparatus to other compartment in the cell or outside the cell.

ReputationRep:
    3. For Eukaryotes, once transcribed the mRNA heads out the nucleus to a ribosome.

ReputationRep:
    Tom H 3. For Eukaryotes, once transcribed the mRNA heads out the nucleus to a ribosome.

Well, i thanks for that infomation but i want to know where does it go after forming anitcodons on tRNA. Does it get reused or does it degenerate?

ReputationRep:
    I would think it degenerate as it is specific for particular protein and cannot realy be used for synthesis of anything different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matzzz_88)
    Tom H 3. For Eukaryotes, once transcribed the mRNA heads out the nucleus to a ribosome.

Well, i thanks for that infomation but i want to know where does it go after forming anitcodons on tRNA. Does it get reused or does it degenerate?
    mRNA doesnt "form" anticodons on the tRNA! Dont use that sentence again as it will simply get you nowhere.
    Anticodons are comprises a tRNA molecule, yes-but there's a catch; these anticodons are basically a triplet of "exposed nucleotide bases" on a tRNA strand-nothing relates to mRNA here!

In the ribosome, these anticodons are held together onto their their complimentary base pairs (ON THE mRNA) by H-bonding-this ensures the assembly of different amino acids into a polypeptide chain.

--------------

(Original post by belis)
    I would think it degenerate as it is specific for particular protein and cannot realy be used for synthesis of anything different.
    Yes, I believe so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matzzz_88)
    Does it get reused or does it degenerate?
    It'll be reused for protein synthesis until it degenerates. Different mRNAs have different half lives.

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot everyone..
    really appreciate your help

ReputationRep:
    how to study 4 edexcel unit 6 w2 ? i meant do we have 2 no how to do the equation ******** or WEN 2 apply them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 11, 2005

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.