Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

For the past 3-4weeks ive been drinking bucket loads of water (2litres n a bit) more fruit than i usually would eat and have cut down on greasy foods.oh and i moisturise and use clearasil twice a day yet these bloomin spots wont seem to dissapear.

I think the only thing left for it is to emmigrate to a hot country,last time i was under the sun my face was fantastic.Is there any cheap holidays or places you know of that would be great this time of year? im losing faith in water etc etc

ReputationRep:
    This isn't answering your question but have you ever tried a cream called Freederm? It's really really good....quite pricey, but it works! You're doing everything else right though, don't stop drinking water because it does help.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest going to see your GP about it, i'm sure he/she will be able to recommend or prescribe you something if you need it!

ReputationRep:
    Where do you get this freederm from ?

ReputationRep:
    now i may be being silly when i used to have a few spots or outbreaks i used to always use stuff like clearsil to prevent then but they still happened.
    However since starting uni , i obviously couldnt afford clearsil at first so just left it and washed my face with warm water evey morning. Ive never had my skin look so good. im completely spot free.
    now even though i could buy clearsil and stuff i dont because it must have been triggering it.
    leave off the lotions and potions and see how it goes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't think there is actually any way to prevent spots. If you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them but you can treat them. Clean and Clear and Clearasil are quite good....I guess you just have to hope that you grow out of them!

ReputationRep:
    Just hot water every morning? is that it? no rinsing off with cold water to close the pores back up

ReputationRep:
    thats all i do.
    I can't work out why its cleared up all of a sudden. I think it maybe has to do with how hard the water in your location is. Mine is very soft whereas back home it is hard water and bad quality.
    It could be just that i have grown out of it but its funny that it stopped when i stopped using clean and clear etc.
    make sure however tempting it is not to pick at them or touch your face much.

--------------

things like stress also makes a lot of difference. Whenever I got stressed i would come out in spots.

ReputationRep:
    I cant understand that really,i thought you had to wash your face with cold water to close the pores back up and keep out infection? Oh well,thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    I would recomnmend the clean and clear exfoliating daily face wash - it's great! I use it twice a day and it really makes a difference to my skin.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from a hot country, so believe u me, it doesn't help if u move to a hot country. Ur skin seems to be fantastic right after tanning, but it's just a short-term effect, which would be followed by an awful break-out afterwards.

Atm, anything that can keep ur pores clean will help: cleansing, exfoliating, facial steaming and stuff. But don't overdo it!

I have heard quite a few ppl mentioning Freederm but have no idea what it is. Is it really effective? How does it work actually? I myself don't use much acne-treament stuff, cause they all cause damage to ur skin texture afterwards. Use Zit-Zapper by Skin Doctor right on my spots, and it does help, though it doesn't blow off ur spots overnite as it claims. Quite pricey, but a little goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you get this freederm from ?
    Any chemist over the counter - you don't need a prescription for it. I think a tube is about £10, try it and see how it works for you.

ReputationRep:
    ok..this is going to sound weird..but you know vicks..yes that stuff you put on when you have a cold or something to help you breathe...if you put that on your spots like before you go to sleep and just rinse you face with water like you normally would in the morning it should help to get rid of them..hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    :s: I couldn't bear to put vicks on my spots! (even though i don't have many)
    It hurts like hell when i rub it on my nose, i couldn't face doing any thing alse with that deadly substance..... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicslass)
    :s: I couldn't bear to put vicks on my spots! (even though i don't have many)
    It hurts like hell when i rub it on my nose, i couldn't face doing any thing alse with that deadly substance..... :afraid:

:ditto: Oh the pain!

ReputationRep:
    I use Noxzema cleansing lotion. Pretty good stuff, but it kinda takes a few washes to do with the spots, and it isn'tthat pricey (well, here.. who know what the price is over there)

ReputationRep:
    Yes indeeeed the pain, the intense excruciating pain of ........ vicks

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I heard of using vicks,although this methodwas whilst steaming your face....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    I would recomnmend the clean and clear exfoliating daily face wash - it's great! I use it twice a day and it really makes a difference to my skin.
    I used that but thought it might be a bit harsh on my skin so stopped using it! Clean and clear stuff is really good though!

ReputationRep:
    Good old toothpaste.
    Also i have a thingy, like a spot gel from superdrug and it works really well.
    Oooh, just given myself a mini facial to cheer myself up and my face feels all soft and new.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.