Turn on thread page Beta

Taking the pill for acne? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Roaccutane now. I used to have severe acne but now.. hehe I feel like I'm one of those commercials and this is where I go: But thanks to... blah blah blah ...

Lol, ok, so yeah, I had severe acne and I've been on Roaccutane for 6 months now, starting my 7th. I'm supposed to take it for 8 months but it's actually worked so well that I was going to stop by the 6th month..but I'm taking it for another just for good measure.

It-is-REALLY-good. I never get zits anymore, not one. It didn't kick in until the 3rd month, though, so be patient, people. It's amazing, it works and no pain involved BUT there are lots of rules you MUST stick to..

1. Drink PLENTY of water. The medicine uses all the water and natural oils in your body so you must must must replace it.. My skin has gone very dry but it's not as bad as I've seen with other people..

2. Since it uses up almost all the water and natural oils in your body, you've got to make sure you eat and drink well or you'll end up losing lots of weight.. Water can take up a maximum of 5 kilos of your body weight. Ever since I started, I've been quite careless and lots 7 kilos and it's been insanely difficult for me to put it all back on.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering if any of you have tried acupuncture. It may sound daft but it really works to find a qualified acupuncturist in your area go to www.acupuncture.org.uk it also explains more about it x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering if any of you have tried acupuncture. It may sound daft but it really works to find a qualified acupuncturist in your area go to www.acupuncture.org.uk it also explains more about it x

ReputationRep:
    I was on Oxytetracycline, then Erythromycin, then Minocycline, now I'm on Lymecycline...I haven't been on it for long enough yet to see a significant difference..

ReputationRep:
    I've been on Oxytetracycline for my back for two and a half months and I think there is just starting to be a difference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    I've been on Oxytetracycline for my back for two and a half months and I think there is just starting to be a difference...
    i took oxytet before going on holiday as i would be doing lots of swimming. it worked awesomely. my dosage finished, and then they came back, but after this dosage, they have mostly gone..

i was really impressed.

i was on oxytetracycline for bout a year an it did nothing! took dianette an that took about 3 months to work but it worked really well. You cant take it forever tho as its not good for your liver, but I changed on to marvelon which seems to work just as well!

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i've been taking it since beginning of november, and it's kind of working... hope it improves soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDreamx)
    I was on Oxytetracycline, then Erythromycin,
    Odd, I was given Erythromycin before Oxytetracycline. Apparently Oxytets is stronger... Sounds odd, though I suppose different skins react differently.

ReputationRep:
    I was on oxytetracycline and it did nothing for me. I'm on dianette and I can't recommend it enough. I used to have bad skin, went on dianette and now I have no problems with my skin at all. It's not greasy like it used to be and I rarely get spots. However, I know that it doesn't work for everyone, it's best to keep trying stuff until you find what is best for you. One downside of dianette is that it has made it easier for me to put on weight but I don't find that a huge problem- having great skin outweighs that I think! I've been on dianette for three years now. I stopped taking it for a month last year cause I ran out and couldn't get to my doctor and my skin really did worsen during the month that I was off it. My GP has recommended coming off dianette as they've discovered new side-effects like it increasing the risk of blood clots. Apparently Dianette is banned in Japan! But I'm definitely sticking with it.

ReputationRep:
    burn ya face off darth vadar style (although he did it to his body not face)

ReputationRep:
    I'm on Roaccutane (vary from 60-80mg on alternate days). It has worked quite well on my back and I don't have any spots anymore. However, I do still have alot of big deep scars on my back. I just wish I had got the problem sorted out earlier instead of being put onto various tetracyclanes that didn't prevent my spots in the slightest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.