Nail Polish Watch

No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Are there colours you just WOULD NOT wear, ever if dressing normally?
Or are nails free to be any crazy colour?
What are your favourite colours?
What colours do you have?
What brands do your prefer and why?
Do you let them chip, or is chipping a no no?
How often do you paint your nails?
Catski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes - I dislike really bright pinks and I think French manicures are hideously unattractive, especially when the person in question has squared-off fake nails.

Bar that, anything goes!

For everyday wear a couple of coats of black or dark purple.

The aforementioned black and purple, a beautiful UV one, a great electric blue and some other dark colours - very dark red, a deep ivy green and a navy blue, last check.

Stargazer are great 'cause they don't test on animals and are 100% vegan. Also, although they usually need an extra coat, the colours come out beautifully deep. And cheap too!

Oh, its not the end of the world if they chip. I usually wait until they look a bit scruffy then touch them up until I absolutely HAVE to change the coat! Lazy I know, but it works.

Depends what varnish I'm wearing. The electric blue I have I bought from a cheap chemist out in Holland and the stuff is darned near indestructible. I've had my current coat on for ten days now and just the ends are chipping off. Its unbelievable stuff. Other than that, whenever they need it - and now I'm at uni I have some sort of colour on my nails pretty much 24/7.

That was fun
No Future
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catski)
Stargazer are great 'cause they don't test on animals and are 100% vegan. Also, although they usually need an extra coat, the colours come out beautifully deep. And cheap too!
Oh I never knew that, I'd always overlooked Stargazer. Thanks.
~MOi~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hardly use nail polish. I stopped when I noticed that my nails were getting..weird ( don't know how to explain it) But everywhile i use pastel colors or deep colors. Stay clear from brights, unless you WANT to get atention (:p: ) like from those bright reds...
No Future
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~MOi~)
I hardly use nail polish. I stopped when I noticed that my nails were getting..weird ( don't know how to explain it)
What? Strange colour? Ridges/bumps? Flaky?
rachelrainbow32
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there colours you just WOULD NOT wear, ever if dressing normally?
Nope, im open 2 anythin, but i only paint my toes.

any colour u want

electric blue, red, silver,

loads

i dont really, i just go for colours

no, no. Unless i forget 2 paint em, which is quite often

wen they need painting.
~MOi~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
What? Strange colour? Ridges/bumps? Flaky?
Ridges/bumps!!! That's it. I still use it sometimes, but not a lot. Oh, and I let it chip off.
No Future
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~MOi~)
Ridges/bumps!!! That's it. I still use it sometimes, but not a lot. Oh, and I let it chip off.
Oh dear, does nail polish itself cause that? I wondered.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, anything that is krazee kolour i.e. non red or pink. French is fine if a) theya re natural nails and b) there is a tiny tiny line of white i.e. if you have 3 inch nails then you do not have the right to wear french polish. American either and NO TO AIRBRUSHING
Ew, tacky
Pale pale pink, magnolia, bloody red and nudes
All of them. Sometimes I decide to paint my toenails blue and then realise why I hate coloured nailpolish.
Maybelline and OPI
No. I get my nails done every two weeks and repolished every week. Also use cuticle oil and parrafin hand wrap
See above.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black, white, silver and pale sickly colours like blue, green and yellow, very five year olds first makeup set

Bright and bold colours are great but like i said above i dont like any of those colours ^^

I love wearing bright pink and vampy red for special occasions, and for everyday i have this lovely browny pink

Mostly pinks, reds and nudes, plus clear when im not wearing any to keep my nails strong

I like Rimmel Lycra, not sure why, my mum uses them and they've always been good so i just stuck with it i guess
no no. Although my toenails are pretty chipped at the mo, but thats only because its winter and i always wear socks

I'd say every week or so if im wearing clear, but if im wearing colour whenever it starts to chip
shopaholic_soph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Black, n really dark hideous colours, also yellow and green! o n blue unless its that one mischa barten is wearin for accesorise because that is gorge!

Red, gold, n i have a really nice barbie pink colour i bought last week off a beautician

loads, especially pinks and pale colours
No7 - it lasts long, Chanel - it paints on fabulously and the red is fabulous! also have some nice nails inc ones

No it looks awful!!! just see how many times lindsey lohan is on those gone wrong pages in magazines for chipped polish - it looks trampy!

All the time, i won't go out without nail varnish! i must paint them about 3 times a week n my toes about once a week, but i always have a base coat otherwise you damage your nails!
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=shopaholic_soph]Are there colours you just WOULD NOT wear, ever if dressing normally?
Black, n really dark hideous colours, also yellow and green! o n blue unless its that one mischa barten is wearin for accesorise because that is gorge!
QUOTE]

How lush is that colour!! Do you think if we wrote to them they'd tell us what it is? Its so purdy
shopaholic_soph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ooooooooo good plan, i had a look in boots and there was no colour similar at all! i may go in accessorize and ask them!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads