The Student Room Group
Reply 1
just where did you find this 'agency'
Reply 2
I would be very surprised if you got a job without an interview... which agency is it?
Reply 3
shady imo
I've never joined an agency (yet) but I didn't think they'd need your bank details? I wouldn't give them. Even if they required a fee to find you a job they'd probably ask for cash/a one off payment, not your bank account details... I might be wrong about that but I'd be wary.
Original post by nikki-jones2009
I called a agency today asking how to sign up to them because I'm looking for work. They asked what kind of work i was looking for, and i told them. They then booked me in for a appointment tomorrow and told me to bring my bank details so they can pay me...does this mean I'm going to be getting a job?

I don't think it does mean you have a job. When I've signed up to recruitment agencies, I've had to show up for an appointment like the one you're describing where I've done a brief "getting to know you" interview, undertaken computer tests on Word and Excel, and they've checked my credentials (e.g. qualifications, NI number, passport). They've taken my bank details at the time so they can get me set up on payroll so I'm ready to be paid if/when they find me a role. Recruitment agencies take on a lot of people who don't necessarily get jobs out of it; it just means they have a bigger candidate pool for their clients to pick out of. Good luck and I hope something does come out of this for you though.
If it's temp work, recruitment agencies always take bank details from the start when you sign up.
its a agency called stafforce. i was actually doing tempory work with a diff agency before, and they asked me to bring my bank details, and i started work. thants why im asking
Original post by daveh86
I would be very surprised if you got a job without an interview...

The only jobs I've ever gotten have been without interview! :tongue:

Sorry, anyway, to be relevant to the OP, you've probably not got a job without an interview; the agency probably just wants your bank details so they can pay you should get a job eventually.
They're going to chop you up, put you in a bag and throw you into a river.

Oh, and then they'll empty your bank.
I signed up with Stafforce earlier this year and have ended up working for Young's in Grimsby.
Original post by DefaultXP
I signed up with Stafforce earlier this year and have ended up working for Young's in Grimsby.

All the other posts in this thread are from 2011...
Original post by daveh86
I would be very surprised if you got a job without an interview... which agency is it?

I joined 2 agencies; each had a job and didn't need an interview for either of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending