This discussion is closed.
londongirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
my hair is really wavy, pretty thick and SO annoying! I use GHD's, but still sometimes my hair's still so thick it stil looks a bit 'big'. And it doesn't shine at all! Anyone have any home-made recipe type tips or anything?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by londongirl)
my hair is really wavy, pretty thick and SO annoying! I use GHD's, but still sometimes my hair's still so thick it stil looks a bit 'big'. And it doesn't shine at all! Anyone have any home-made recipe type tips or anything?

For shine wash your hair in beer it does work.

Also you can try sticking a bit of lemon on it when you rinse but be careful if you do that in the summer because the sun will streak it.

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/bathroom/hairtips.htm
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
try deep conditioning it
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'm going to the hairdressers tomorrow and i'm not leaving until my hugely thick hair is thinned out. They always dissuade me not to saying they'd love hair like mine... well, this time they can pick it up off the floor and have it once its been razored from my tresses! lol
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Use a serum on your hair before drying - this should make your hair look less 'big'. Finish off with a shine spray -I like Paul Mitchell's, it really works for me. OMG I sound like an advert for the product, I'm not getting paid for advertising, honestly!
smatti
Report 17 years ago
i have the same problem fizzy, thick hair! i read in this herbal book,a really good head mask, a teaspoon of honey, little bit lemon, 1 egg yolk,and olive oil mix together and massage into the hair, then wrap a warm damp towel around the head for about 1 hr, then wash normally, your hair will become very smooth and silky!! try it!

also once a week always massage exta virgin olive oil into the head, just to nourish the hair and scalp, it also makes the hair stronger.
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i tried the egg thing and the results wern't pretty. My hiar went like straw for about a week
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wash It Simple Next Question
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Coconut Deep Conditioner is really good. GHD products are overrated..
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 5thavenue)
Wash It Simple Next Question
lol
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cover your hair in beetroot juice mixed with honey. Then shampoo and condition as normal. After shampooing apply double cream to your hair and then wash with luke warm water. The results will be fantastic.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
take out the yolk frm an egg and mix the remainig with hair oil and leave it on your hair for an hour or so make sure you put lots on especially on the roots...............it really does work...................or you can soak and i really drench your hair in hair oil and wrap it in a towel for about 2 hours and then wash it throughly....makes u'r hair go REALLY soft
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
try paul mitchell spray wax when you've finished straightening and L'anza smoother before you blow dry
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what do they actually do when they thin your hair?
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by littleone)
what do they actually do when they thin your hair?
Feather and Layer it. They just cut into it mainly from the behind the frontal layers.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads