The Student Room Group

C4 June 11 Edexcel - MODEL ANSWERS AND PAPER NOW IN FIRST POST

Created a thread cos I realised I'll be needing help... C4 aint going good. If anyone has any "interesting" problems post them.. LET discussion begin! :biggrin:

Why are people neg repping this post?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're having some problems you might like to get the ball rolling :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by tkoki1993
Created a thread cos I realised I'll be needing help... C4 aint going good. If anyone has any "interesting" problems post them.. LET discussion begin! :biggrin:

*subscribes*
Here's a puzzle to help test your binomial skills:

In the binomial expansion of (14x)p,x<14(1-4x)^{p},|x|<\dfrac{1}{4}
The coefficient of x^2 is equal to the coefficient of x^4 and the coefficient of x^3 is positive.
Find the value of p

(This is actually from the advanced extension award but its totally relevant to c4 :smile:)
Have fun :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Potassium^2
*subscribes*
Here's a puzzle to help test your binomial skills

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
This exam makes me suicidal.
Reply 5
Jan 2011 was so easy, I feel sorry for your June 2011'ers
Reply 6
Yea but wasn't the boundary crazy for A/A*?
Reply 7
Original post by Thrug

Spoiler

Yeah spot on :wink:
Original post by Thrug
Yea but wasn't the boundary crazy for A/A*?

Yeah, it was; I think you needed something like 69/75 for an A, which is absurd, especially for C4 (if this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me :tongue:).
Reply 9
Original post by Introverted moron
Yeah, it was; I think you needed something like 69/75 for an A, which is absurd, especially for C4 (if this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me :tongue:).

Correct. 72/75 for A* (90%)
Original post by jit987
Correct. 72/75 for A* (90%)

:teeth:

Sod aiming for an A*. I'll be happy with a B on this exam. :redface:
Reply 11
I wouldn't mind a hard paper with low boundaries. Need that 90% (back to work :cool:)
Original post by CapsLocke
Jan 2011 was so easy, I feel sorry for your June 2011'ers

It certainly wan't easy. Granted the exam itself was easy, but the grade boundaries were shocking - they puched you down more than a grade. 69 for 80%; 72 for 90. Not fair. :frown:
does anyone have a link to the jan 2011 paper?
We haven't finished this yet, just integration to go.

The first part I don't find too bad, but vectors were HELL. Spent 5 and a half hours revising them yesterday but I think I've finally cracked them!

Need 80% in this exam for an A* in maths so aiming for that! :biggrin: Just hope the grade boundaries aren't quite as high as jan, id prefer a harder paper and lower boundaries tbh :L
only part i seem to find hard are vectors as i rarely draw a diagram then i confuse myself :colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by i_hate_teeth
does anyone have a link to the jan 2011 paper?

Here
Original post by jit987
Here

gracias.

Do you have the Jan 2011 C3 paper too?
Reply 18
Original post by magicalelf
We haven't finished this yet, just integration to go.

The first part I don't find too bad, but vectors were HELL. Spent 5 and a half hours revising them yesterday but I think I've finally cracked them!

Need 80% in this exam for an A* in maths so aiming for that! :biggrin: Just hope the grade boundaries aren't quite as high as jan, id prefer a harder paper and lower boundaries tbh :L

We spent about half an hour on vectors because it was the last topic and our teacher just wanted to finish and get on with past papers lol, but we spent weeks on integration.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
gracias.

Do you have the Jan 2011 C3 paper too?

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest