Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockin_rio)
    How do guys do it??? They make us think that they genuinely like us and it turns out they don't really, and so in the end we just waste so much of our time thinking about them! Why do they do this to us?? Are there actually any guys out there that are genuinely nice and interested in us for who we are and not just for sex?!?!?
    It works both ways, and its because you allow it. Silly girl.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it women warp mens minds by playing hot then cold then hot then cold, PMT crazed loonies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockin_rio)
    How do guys do it??? They make us think that they genuinely like us and it turns out they don't really, and so in the end we just waste so much of our time thinking about them! Why do they do this to us?? Are there actually any guys out there that are genuinely nice and interested in us for who we are and not just for sex?!?!?
    Well, you've answered your own question there. Guys like sex and if they're not having sex, generally go to more lengths purely with the motive being to 'have some sex'.

There's plenty of guys (particularly on TSR, it would appear) that would love to be in a healthy monogamous committed relationship - I certainly prefer being in one to being single(!). I just want to retain my freedom for after I graduate this year to move away/go abroad/blah blah so it'd be stupid to get involved in a relationship.

Besides, all the girls I'd want relationships with all seem to be already taken or unattainable anyway so i'm no worse off I suppose :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    don't let the guys get to you i haven't yet had a big major hang up or been upset but guys (only stupid little things)

darling if he turns you down you deserve better you shouldn;t give him a second thought or ask him why as you will be eating right out of his palm and he will have you where he wants you, upset and vunerable!!!

50% of the male population arent worth spitting on when they are on fire let alone respect, but ive also met some really nice (too nice) guys they aren;t all bad!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. Do not get me started on this subject.

Met a guy on Friday night, spoke non stop for 3 hours. Had him texting me compulsively for 24 hours, begged me on Friday to stay at his house, begged me on Sat night to stay at his house. I kept saying no, then on Sunday we arranged to go for Lunch, I went into town, was ready to meet him had a text saying was I going around his....Er no. I then had my intelligence severely insulted by him saying 'I think you're confused, we arranged it for around mine.' So then got stroppy, no one tells me I'm wrong when I know I'm right!!

Then had a 3 part text last night - now back with ex girlfriend. I thought fine, then proceeded to get sent pictures, texts, all very forward last night :rolleyes: Answers on a postcard please! Meanwhile I still have ex-bf of 3 years being manipulative and using me when he wants someone to talk to but then doesn't bother ringing when he doesn't etc.

Golly, whinge. Sorry! But I can so sympathise with you!!

ReputationRep:
    Met a guy on Friday night, spoke non stop for 3 hours. Had him texting me compulsively for 24 hours, begged me on Friday to stay at his house, begged me on Sat night to stay at his house. I kept saying no, then on Sunday we arranged to go for Lunch, I went into town, was ready to meet him had a text saying was I going around his....Er no. I then had my intelligence severely insulted by him saying 'I think you're confused, we arranged it for around mine.' So then got stroppy, no one tells me I'm wrong when I know I'm right!!
    men eh? they are stupid!!!
    i met a nice bloke but i was nasty to him, that was my fault oh well plenty more in the sea!!!
    i was in a club and me and my mate were having a laugh, she went outside i stay insie i saw someone i knew!!
    she came back about 10 minutes later!! shouting 'oh my god laurs ive just pulled this well lush bloke' i was like wow let me see who who who>
    we went outside and i saw him as soon as i turned around, lets call him james, he saw me and sort of pointed and said hiya i know you, he remembered my name from 4-5 years ago, we talked and sat down and kissed and then i found out he was the guy my mate had snogged only to find out he had a bet whoever can snog her first gets a fiver!!
    he said the second part was if he could snog anyone else, (me) but he said it turned into something better then a bet, he wrote his phone number on my arm i think!! and then i text him and he rang me and him and his mate picked me up the next night and sat outside my house talking for ages!!!
    thats week we spent most of it together with him and his mates the next sunday was the last night and we went bowling, and me and mate watched,
    he left the next day he is in the army but he spent the most of his only week off in months with me!!
    he phoned me every day after that and then he said he wanted a relationship and i said yes!!

it didn't last long!! and i regret being so nasty about it!!
    he was one of the nicest people i had met i wasnt sure if their bet was going completely out of control i was unsure of excatly he wanted from me apart from the obvious!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laursy)
    men eh? they are stupid!!!
    i met a nice bloke but i was nasty to him, that was my fault oh well plenty more in the sea!!!
    i was in a club and me and my mate were having a laugh, she went outside i stay insie i saw someone i knew!!
    she came back about 10 minutes later!! shouting 'oh my god laurs ive just pulled this well lush bloke' i was like wow let me see who who who>
    we went outside and i saw him as soon as i turned around, lets call him james, he saw me and sort of pointed and said hiya i know you, he remembered my name from 4-5 years ago, we talked and sat down and kissed and then i found out he was the guy my mate had snogged only to find out he had a bet whoever can snog her first gets a fiver!!
    he said the second part was if he could snog anyone else, (me) but he said it turned into something better then a bet, he wrote his phone number on my arm i think!! and then i text him and he rang me and him and his mate picked me up the next night and sat outside my house talking for ages!!!
    thats week we spent most of it together with him and his mates the next sunday was the last night and we went bowling, and me and mate watched,
    he left the next day he is in the army but he spent the most of his only week off in months with me!!
    he phoned me every day after that and then he said he wanted a relationship and i said yes!!

it didn't last long!! and i regret being so nasty about it!!
    he was one of the nicest people i had met i wasnt sure if their bet was going completely out of control i was unsure of excatly he wanted from me apart from the obvious!!
    Sounds like it wasn't the men being stupid in that situation...

--------------

(Original post by Lady_Muck)
    Oh my god. Do not get me started on this subject.

Then had a 3 part text last night - now back with ex girlfriend. I thought fine, then proceeded to get sent pictures, texts, all very forward last night :rolleyes: Answers on a postcard please! Meanwhile I still have ex-bf of 3 years being manipulative and using me when he wants someone to talk to but then doesn't bother ringing when he doesn't etc.

Golly, whinge. Sorry! But I can so sympathise with you!!
    What's the mind warp here? He's blatantly trying to get you round to his place for a shag and that is all he is after. Quite obvious really.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it wasn't the men being stupid in that situation...
    thats was my point im glad you picked up on that just to show not always the guy who does wrong!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Men aren't manipulative. Women are. Men are simple creatures, even the most intelligent, and wouldn't know how to control a woman's mind if they wanted to. Learn that, girls, and you'll have them eating out of your hand. Otherwise you'll continue to be confused by their actions. Women are the ones with the control.

Also, the good men are all geeks. Or gay, but that's another story.

ReputationRep:
    do you not like men then??

you seem very against them

ReputationRep:

Just another bra-burning, man-hating, post-feminist lezzer I should think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    guys aint got time to be manipulative all we want is a straightforward relationship without any complications
    Whatever. Relationships full stop are too complicated for the guys I go for. They're all in love with being single.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know that now :rolleyes: But I despair at the one track-mindedness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Whatever. Relationships full stop are too complicated for the guys I go for. They're all in love with being single.
    Then "go" for different guys.

ReputationRep:

Who, me? I'm not against them, I just think they're simple. It's a good thing, as otherwise we'd lose control. And that would be a disaster

--------------

(Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Just another bra-burning, man-hating, post-feminist lezzer I should think.
    Interesting view...
    I like my bra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Who, me? I'm not against them, I just think they're simple. It's a good thing, as otherwise we'd lose control. And that would be a disaster

Interesting view...
    I like my bra.
    Interesting view...
    I like my complex intellect.

ReputationRep:
    oh really

half of women think they can;t live without men!!

its abit sad i don;t think it is the be all and end all if i don't have a boyfriend!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Then "go" for different guys.
    Why should she have to? Why can't they change!!?

ReputationRep:
    ahah simple?? funny i think gyals r way too overcomplicated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrbob)
    ahah simple?? funny i think gyals r way too overcomplicated
    Hence why we think you're simple in comparison

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.