The Student Room Group

Learn c2 from scratch?

Our college doesn't do summer exams so i've got like 9 exams in may to prepare for. I've decided to miss 2 weeks college to give myself time to prepare as i'm having to relearn all unit 1 material. The college and teachers are extremely crap.:frown:

My biggest worry is C2. I can't remember learning anything in class from when it was being 'taught' and am wondering wether i can self learn it through the edexcel textbook. I cant do past papers for any subject until i learn material and do txtbook revision.

Just wondering how long it will take? I've revised stats and c1 but am useless at trigonometry and radians etc?:colondollar:
Reply 1
you could learn it yourself from the book if your half decent at maths. Just work through all the examples. Also see if your college is subscribed to live maths, it's really good online tuition.
Reply 2
I'm a bit lazy and spent a couple of days on radians and logarithms then 8 hours the day before the exam to revise the unit and got 86%, so its not that bad s1 and m1 are the hard bits :s
The core 1 and core 2 edexcel modules (which im doing) i found were relatively simple. Learning out of the book by going through end-of-chapter questions in there and going over ones you dont understand by looking at previous examples is definately possible.

As for how long C2 would take to revise yourself out of a textbook,
shouldnt take more than 10 days considering you do like a chapter each day or more :smile:
taking in to mind that some chapters you may already understand and thus you may not need to revise whereas others may take you long than a day to get your head around; especially if you need to ask for help from someone. (last resort of not understanding through examples and formulae)

:'D
Thanks feel better now...

Been excessively worried as i have useless teachers for all my subjects. It's practically self learning 4 as levels whilst wasting time coming to class !!!
Reply 5
I've been tutoring a guy and got him from a U in C1 to a B in C1 and C2 in 30 hours and tbh he could have done that without me. I just helped him work through the textbook. It is very do- able
Original post by tw7055
I've been tutoring a guy and got him from a U in C1 to a B in C1 and C2 in 30 hours and tbh he could have done that without me. I just helped him work through the textbook. It is very do- able

as said, it really doesnt take that long to understand the core modules. as for the applied modules such as M, S and D. (M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2) they tend to be harder to learn by yourself as you have to get your head around concepts and think a bit more ^^

Good luck with your C2 revision :'D
Reply 7
Original post by Bakasplitz
as said, it really doesnt take that long to understand the core modules. as for the applied modules such as M, S and D. (M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2) they tend to be harder to learn by yourself as you have to get your head around concepts and think a bit more ^^

Good luck with your C2 revision :'D

No revising for me. I did C2 5 years ago!
Original post by tw7055
No revising for me. I did C2 5 years ago!

I meant that Good luck to the OP xD but okay ;D
Thanks guys... i just needed the reassurance that its possible. I'll be starting on it next week and hopefully 1 week of thorough revision and learining should do the job!
Reply 10
dont worry dude im doing something similar! im attempting to do c1 c2 c3 c4 m1 s1 =/ and bring my maths from a D to at least a B.. its tough goin!
Original post by needsomeadvice
Our college doesn't do summer exams so i've got like 9 exams in may to prepare for. I've decided to miss 2 weeks college to give myself time to prepare as i'm having to relearn all unit 1 material. The college and teachers are extremely crap.:frown:

My biggest worry is C2. I can't remember learning anything in class from when it was being 'taught' and am wondering wether i can self learn it through the edexcel textbook. I cant do past papers for any subject until i learn material and do txtbook revision.

Just wondering how long it will take? I've revised stats and c1 but am useless at trigonometry and radians etc?:colondollar:

Today is your lucky day, here are videos, no joke, of a proper teacher, teaching it in the most amazing way imaginable

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/

use it, and then decide
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..... thank youuuuuu!!! tutorials look great
Original post by sixthformer
Today is your lucky day, here are videos, no joke, of a proper teacher, teaching it in the most amazing way imaginable

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/

use it, and then decide

the guy who does examsolutions is a god <3
Reply 14
It's possible. Never absorbed any thing from class. I gave myself a week or so to learn from the book. After that it's just past papers.
Reply 15
am trying teach my C2 and M1 because mt teacher is running out of time and my exam is soon.. do you think i cn do it .. my exam is on the 13 of may. and i havent even started M1 yet am worried
Reply 16
Original post by nkelle
am trying teach my C2 and M1 because mt teacher is running out of time and my exam is soon.. do you think i cn do it .. my exam is on the 13 of may. and i havent even started M1 yet am worried

Why is your teacher running out of time?

C2 follows on from C1 so you should be OK with that. If you haven't seen the sort of material covered in M1 before then you ought to grab a book or someone else's notes and start taking a look!
Original post by popdrops
It's possible. Never absorbed any thing from class. I gave myself a week or so to learn from the book. After that it's just past papers.

what did u get in C2 mate????
Original post by Coolsul98
what did u get in C2 mate????

The poster you are speaking to hasn't visited TSR since 2012. Try not to bump old threads without good reason.

Latest