Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've posted this here, since I can't post in the Parliament
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I intend to stand for election to the House as an independent MP. I understand it is late in the day, but since all Parliament business (even for the elections) is in the Parliament subfolder and thus I can't post, I haven't been following.

I have taken this decision as I cannot sufficiently identify with the policies of any one party currently represented in the house.

I stand therefore on the following platforms:

* The economy

I propose that we allow business to operate relatively freely and that government does not over-regulate. Business rate will be kept low and tax incentives offered to start-ups. VAT will be reduced in several sectors, and duty will not be raised on most products, although this will not exclude tabacco. There will be a top rate (over £100,000) of income tax at 50%, this will fund the gaps in our pension funds.

* Health

I propose that the NHS remain free at the point of entry, and that investment for better services continues. Broadly I believe the NHS should be so good that we don't need private hospitals. As I admit this is not the case at the moment, private care should remain an option.
    I also favour the declassification, taxation and sale by the state of cannabis.

* Europe

I am broadly pro-Europe, and favour a pragmatic approach to further integration. Primarily, I would like to see reforms to the CAP, in exchange for a review of the rebate (not sure what stage this is at at this time). I favour the entry of Turkey into the European Union, and also entry into the EU. I'd like to see Britain join the European Road network and certain motorways given E designation (one example being between Dover and ****ord Haven and Holyhead and Newcastle).

I realise this is a bit off the cuff, and I have left it until the last minute. I would like to lead a group of independent MPs, who vote according to their conscience and policies rather than the will of an anonymous whip. So, if you are interested in standing as an independent, please PM me and Beekeeper.

Furthermore, if you have any questions about me or my policies, please PM me.

I look forward to the elections.

Carl

PS hopefully we'll get our own group icon and everything!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.