This discussion is closed.
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I just wondered which mock gcses are worth revising throughly for. I want good grades however not too upset if i get lower than i'm predicated.. they r next week starting Wednesday. So which subjects are hard in the mocks??
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Depends on what subjects you are good at. You should know what you need to revise extra hard and what you will be ok on with a bit of revision. Use your common sense.
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
I just wondered which mock gcses are worth revising throughly for. I want good grades however not too upset if i get lower than i'm predicated.. they r next week starting Wednesday. So which subjects are hard in the mocks??
mocks are sooo much harder than the proper exams - you should revise for all the important ones e.g. english, maths so you get an idea as to what sort of grades you will get. xx
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i guess most people would say no, as most people are doing alevels. although i never found GCSEs hard anyway
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you remember that the mock mean so little that they are pointless then they will seem so easy as to be boring.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
In my mocks I got like E's and D's, in my real exams I got mainly C's.

I got 12% on my mock intermediate GCSE maths exam, I was in set 2 and I got one of the highest marks!
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The mocks are exactly what you should expect in your final GCSEs, as they were once real exam papers. If you find them hard, then you know how much/little you need to revise.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I would say it's worth revising if you are a conscientious person, since if you get bad marks you'll probably feel really worried about it. The hardest tests will of course depend on what you are good at, but it will often also depend on the teaching style in each subject. For example, my economics and IT papers seem to have been marked pretty fairly, to give us a realistic idea of where we stand, whereas many people doing French got 0/90 in some sections of their mock because the teachers are trying to scare us into working hard.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i guess most people would say no, as most people are doing alevels. although i never found GCSEs hard anyway
go and tell the guy who marked ur polish exams then! (j/k)

in all fairness, i wouldn't say that u wud have represented the average 16 year old's intelligence at that age! ur a genius!
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
looking back now i would say they were easy but at the time i probably thought they were hard. I don't think i did very much revision though. At the time i though if i did well doing no work then it would give me confidence and stop me panicking when i actually did some work. I also thought that if i did badly it would give me a good kick up the backside and make me work harder.

IN the end i think i did well but it jsut made me too cocky so i only really revised for science, languages and history for my proper GCSE's
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
The mocks are exactly what you should expect in your final GCSEs, as they were once real exam papers. If you find them hard, then you know how much/little you need to revise.
They will usually find the hardest past papers and/or mark very harshly, I think. I did my maths GCSE a year early and I was one of only five in the class who got A*s in the mock, yet everyone got them in the real thing.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did very little revision for my mocks and so far the grades I've had have been pretty good. A* in Maths, Physics and RS with very little revision. The only one I was disappointed on was History where I got a B with no revision.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
GCSEs are hard for me as I'm forced to take a load of subjects that I'm crap at.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
GCSEs are hard for me as I'm forced to take a load of subjects that I'm crap at.
What subjects you doing? I think it's wrong to say that gCSE's are because some people find them really difficult others are just lucky...
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Often people get higher marks in their actual GCSEs than in their mocks.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Agreed.

I got worried after getting a B in my ICT mock exam but managed A* in the real exam. The coursework dragged me down to A though.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Agreed.

I got worried after getting a B in my ICT mock exam but managed A* in the real exam. The coursework dragged me down to A though.
I thought you hadn't taken your GCSE's yet? Or am I confused (which I always am")...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
A* in Maths
your welcome
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
its virtually everyone, i dont know any1 who got higher in mocks than real thing.

thats no exaggeration - most people dramatically improved, others just did better.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
biology is kinda hard...bu ti havent got my results so i wouldnt know for sure...and the maths wasnt easy!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads