This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by puke)
I Have Been Vegan For A Long Time Now And Was Just Wondering If Anybody Else Is
Can i be a semi vegitarian seeing as the only meat i eat is chicken?
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Can i be a semi vegitarian seeing as the only meat i eat is chicken?
no, demi-vegetarians are those who still eat fish - but no one seems to recognise this fact!!!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by puke)
but they do sometimes they tie there hoofs and they bend there necks
only sometimes, and thats if they're being feisty I beleive... they probably don't mind that as much as not being sheared and getting all hot in the summer.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
no, demi-vegetarians are those who still eat fish - but no one seems to recognise this fact!!!
What do you call people who eat poultry and fish, but not red meat because of the health problems it causes? My dad's like that.
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm a vegetarian and neither fish nor meat of any sort.

Have been veggie for about five years now
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i used to be a vegetarian until i started falling ill in last year, my doctor reccomended to help boost my immune system that i take vitamins all the time and go on a meat diet...but i hate red meat...and v. raerly eat chicken...so can i still not be a semi-vegitarian?
dannyb86
Report 17 years ago
Hello guys, this isnt really a question for vegetarians but can you please hear me out.

My step dad is a vegetarian and he has been for years and years and he has recently created a vegetarian community which i think is great but the bad thing is he is getting no visitors or nobody is visiting or signing upto his forums which he is getting quite annoyed at because he wants to get the word around, and my personal view i think its a great site it has alot of information on there about anything can you guys please check it out , thanks and maybe post your thoughts on the forums thanks alot guys the link is:

http://www.vegiesunited.com

but the funny thing is he has spelt the domain wrong lol ah well silly man
Thanks again
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You know if we didn't eat any animals the whole world would be covered by them!

(This may or may not be true)
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Im lactose intolerant and a vegetarian. Think about how I feel. All I can eat is lettuce, lettuce soup, broccoli soup, banana mash, potato mash, fruit salad, leek soup, leek suprise, broccoli & leek suprise, roast broccoli....
That's hilarious...lol!!!

The surprises must indeed be the highlight of your diet.
devilschild
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ive never eaten meat so cant really miss it but I don't really see the appeal in eating dead flesh. Does anyone know what the average length of time longer a vegetarian lives for is? i know i read it in an article several years ago and was just interested.
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
lol. i neva knew fish was a vegetable.

I am a vegetarian, only for about a year but I've already had to see the doctor and they told me to eat more iron (but I already bite my nails!)

I don't wear leather or suade except for one pair of shoes, which I have to have because my school says I have to have black leather shoes and I couldn't find anywhere that did veggie ones. will bury them when I leave nxt year.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
http://www.ivu.org/oxveg/Talks/veglongevity.html

No difference either way it seems really. Read that ^^

Vegetarians eat fish because they believe fish do not feel pain or become at all affected when they are caught and culled mercilessly.
Meeps
Report 17 years ago
Im a vegiterian and have been all my life. I had a period of time where i did it meat (chicken) for abt 3 months after peer presure but i didnt find it appealing after awhile. The reason for why i am a vegiterian is due to religion and do believe and agree in what my religion says about being a vegeterian, unlike some people who dont know the reason for being veg.

However i cant avoid having to where leather shoes and belts cause frankly i can never find a suitable pairs of shoes etc that are sold without that material in the UK.
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
edders is a vegan
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Indeed i am in fact a vegan (8 months) but recently turned fruitarian
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by dannyb86)
My step dad is a vegetarian and... has recently created a vegetarian community which i think is great but the bad thing is he is getting no visitors or nobody is visiting or signing upto his forums

http://www.vegiesunited.com
I have just been to this forum, I would have stayed a while and looked around looked around but I didn't really want to be bombarded with animal rights propaganda. The site itself looks interesting but the images contained within it made me close the window straight away. I am all for animal rights, but I feel a more positive approach would have kept me browsing for longer. I hope your dad gets more visitors soon
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
I thought it would be shorter, a lot of vegetarians are malnourished.
Malnutrition does not come from being a vegetarian, but from having an unbalanced diet. The typical UK vegetarian diet already contains more protein than needed.

Vegans need to take B12 supplements, but other than that all essential nutrients can be obtained from a vegan diet.

I would be more worried by all the saturated fat in meat, frankly.
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
You know if we didn't eat any animals the whole world would be covered by them!

(This may or may not be true)
Not true. Animals are 'bred' for meat. Take out the animals bred for meat and you are left with animals in the wild. Who aren't running the world over last time I looked.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes. As I said
mangomaz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my friend is a veggie cz she doesnt agree with the idea of killing animals for food as she thinks that its murder etc etc...... but shes a runner (like me) and our coach has been telling her that if she wants to get better shes gna hav 2 start eating meat cz shes not gna b getting enough proteins etc etc just from vegetables. poor girl she doesnt no wat to do.. she doesnt wna start eating meat jus to be a better runner as she thinks it would be amazingly selfish, but shes really dedicated to her running. hmm...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (62)
19.38%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.06%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.44%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.88%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.56%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.06%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.5%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads