Turn on thread page Beta

Drunk for the first time- MADE A BIG MISTAKE- help needed!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah42)
    Well actually, my best mate was practically disowned by his own mother (dad not on the scene since iccle) and she wont have anything to do wv him. but he still went aheaded n stated he was gay n did not care. Him n his mum had the bestrelationship but never speak anymore just coz he is gay. but he dont regret coming out for one second. He is now extremely happy n lives with his boyfriend n has a great life. there is nothing wrong wv guys likin guys of girls liking girls for that matter.
    You're an idiot - the key to not being one in future is to read and understand people's posts before trying to argue with them - for the second time today I can only assume that the confusion arises form English not being your native language - either that or you really are incredibly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)

which means shut your freakin' mouth
    Thanks for that.

But honestly, I know a lot of gay people through them, and no one I've met seems to have had the horror coming out stories that we all hear so much about - okay, a few weird looks, and a couple of people who took a bit of time to come to terms with it, but nothing serious. The OP probably has a lot less to worry about than he thinks; most people come out without any problems at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    Wow, you're so funny, my sides are splitting. :rolleyes:
    it's a great night for sarcasm

--------------

(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Thanks for that.

But honestly, I know a lot of gay people through them, and no one I've met seems to have had the horror coming out stories that we all hear so much about - okay, a few weird looks, and a couple of people who took a bit of time to come to terms with it, but nothing serious. The OP probably has a lot less to worry about than he thinks; most people come out without any problems at all.
    most people that you say you know - how ridiculous to give someone advice in a specific situation based on a few people you know through a couple of friends - there is no one scenario for people coming out - some people have bad experiences and some don't. Personally I was fine, but others I know weren't. Since we can't draw a general ocnclusion about how easy or difficult it is to ocme out (i.e. it depends on the person('s circumstances) - leave it to the OP to judge how difficult coming out may or may not be. He might not be entirely right about it - but he's sure to have a damn sight better insight than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dupoynt)
    every school in great britain is probably homaphobic.
    In my 6form there are quite a few gay lads and they are not discriminated, prejusiced against in any way. Its just a fact that so and so is gay but noone cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    But he's sure to have a damn sight better insight than you.
    Just to simplify it further for you, I'm trying to give the man the reasoned advice that, based on my wide experience, coming out will not be the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    You're an idiot - the key to not being one in future is to read and understand people's posts before trying to argue with them - for the second time today I can only assume that the confusion arises form English not being your native language - either that or you really are incredibly stupid.
    Well how nice of you to say so TKR (no hint of sarcasm there at all). I'm sorry i 'misjudged you'. but I did not read all of the posts, I just scanned through some of them, as I have a lot of assignments to do. All I was doing was trying to say is that while I agree it can be very hard to 'come out', it is also worth it at the end of the day.

Moreover, you do not know me at all, so don't go around making such judgements.("do not judge a book by its' cover").

ReputationRep:
    it'll pass over everything does...eventually

ReputationRep:
    Well how nice of you to say so TKR, (no hint of sarcasm there at all). I'm sorry i 'misjudged you'*. b*ut I did not read all of the posts, I just scanned through some of them, as I have a lot of assignments to do. All I was doing was trying to say is* that while I agree it can be very hard to 'come out', it is also worth it at the end of the day.

Moreover, you do not know me at all, so don't go around making such judgements.("do not judge a book by its'* cover").
    *should be quotation marks

*a full stop followed by a conjuction which isn't capitalised, hmmm...

*"all i was doing was trying to say that" OR "all i was saying is" not a mixture of the two, thankyou.

*this apostrophe is unneccessary as its possessive never takes an apostrophe - even if it did, the apostrophe would be in the wrong place.

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Wow TKR, you're a bored guy :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Umm learn from it and dont drink again until you're legal.
    How many under aged kids are going to listen to that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    *should be quotation marks

*a full stop followed by a conjuction which isn't capitalised, hmmm...

*"all i was doing was trying to say that" OR "all i was saying is" not a mixture of the two, thankyou.

*this apostrophe is unneccessary as its possessive never takes an apostrophe - even if it did, the apostrophe would be in the wrong place.

Oh dear.
    Look, if i wanted it to be perfect I would have made it perfect. However, I actually have a life. So thanks for the grammer lesson but I don't need one. Got to rush, got a lot to do. Bye x

ReputationRep:
    Look, if i wanted it to be perfect I would have made it perfect. However, I actually have a life. So thanks for the grammer lesson but I don't need one. Got to rush, got a lot to do. Bye x
    Good god, if you have such a life, and more to the point can't be bothered to read peoples posts properly before replying to them (which is normally important for you to write a coherent reply), I suggest you don't post at all until you have the time to make sense.

ReputationRep:
    The best way out of this situation is to tell the girl that you thought she was coming onto you, but you thought she was hideous and so you told her you were gay so that she would leave you alone. That way no one gets hurt. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    The best way out of this situation is to tell the girl that you thought she was coming onto you, but you thought she was hideous and so you told her you were gay so that she would leave you alone. That way no one gets hurt. :cool:
    You're a genius.

Why didn't anyone else think of that?

Or, an alternative, tell everyone else that she is saying you're gay because you turned her down and she is trying to hold onto what little pride she has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Objet trouvé)
    Or, an alternative, tell everyone else that she is saying you're gay because you turned her down and she is trying to hold onto what little pride she has.
    Wow, finally I've met another professional agony aunt! :p: How long have you been in the business? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Wow, finally I've met another professional agony aunt! :p: How long have you been in the business? :cool:
    Since I realised that most people need a good dose of reality. I mean, this guy's getting some pretty crappy advice, "just talk to her". Have these people never been in a social environment? This lady has got herself some serious gossip and she will want to spread it at all costs. The only way is to humiliate and destroy her.

You have to be mean to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fawaz)
    Hi there,

Well basically a week ago I was invited to a party for a girl in my year. The party was yesterday night and I ended up getting seriously drunk in total I had:

x3 Vodka and Orange
    1/2 pint of Cider
    1 pint of Guinness
    1 Bacardi Breezer
    Whiskey
    1 Malibu and Coke
    1 pint of Hoegardden

Basically I made a total tit out of myself and acted like a proper idiot. I embarassed my friend sooooo much but luckily she's forgiven me.

The problem is that I blurted that I was gay to this girl I barely no in my year and I am seriously sh*tt*n myself now cos if it gets around school, I am a dead man (My school is very homophobic).

Do you think that there is anyway out of the crappy situation I've got myself into :bawling: :bawling:

Thank you all.
    First of all: I drink more than that in an average days lunch, lightweight.

Secondly, at my school at least, no one cares if you're gay. Hell, it's common knowledge in my school that me and my friends frequent an infamous Edinburgh gay bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bone-machine)
    i think its sad that half the people who posted here are saying that the list would only get them tipsy....

im starting to feel worried for our generation of binge drinkers ...im deadly serious

for ****s sake..can we not have a good time without being off our face anymore??
    Awww poor baby. People have been drinking to get drunk for hundreds of years, you can't beat us so join us! The other alternative is to STFU .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    First of all: I drink more than that in an average days lunch, lightweight.
    :rolleyes: It was the first ever time I had drunk alcohol before, so I'm not gonna go straight into the deep end lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well you know if anyone asks and you're not ready to tell them,just tell them you got really drunk and were talking rubbish,and if they remembered you were so out of it then they'd just think you were drunk.if you told me that at a party,i would think you were really drunk and stupid.and probably think nothing of it.if she does go around telling everyone,you can just deny it or tell them the truth (if you like).i'm sure your real mates will stand by you whatevr happens,so you've got them to lean on if things get rough..or there's always us TSR folks one last thing...try not to drink so much,i'm not banning you from it (not like you'd listen :p:) but you know try not to get so wasted! lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.