Why did Hitler attract so much attention in 1923 and 1924 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If anyone knows anything about this answer let me know or a site that can help me with the question.

Safe
Blush Babe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
See i didnt ignore u.... anyway back to business
When u say 'attract so much attention' attention u mean the munich putch right? well he wanted to overthrow the rulers and become a dictator, didnt he? i mean its in ur history bk...
BB
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
As Blush Babe says, check out the Munich Putsch and his time in Landsberg Prison.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you can get hold of it, there's an excellent book called "Hitler - the psychopathic God" by Waite. It's out of print but it's pretty good until the author goes off on a tangent in the last chapter.

Also, Mein Kamph is pretty revealing. There are editions in English floating around and it's even published online.

Look into Hitler's SA as well. They're also known as the Brownshirts.

R
bytemaster2001
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
if my memory serves me right, i think that hitler, at the time, was young and naive and honestly believed that germany needed to undergo a violent revolution in order for her to survive. after the (beer hall) putsch, he was put on trial for a few weeks and gained much publicity for his belief - was released from jail after less than a year (where he wrote mein kampf). Hope this kind of helps . Any more questions, just email me [email protected] (exams are just around the corner, so plz be considerate). Thx. l8z!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
As far as I can recall, Hitler did think Germany was weak. This was due to the 1918 Armistace and the repayments forced upon it by the victors as well as the restrictions. The defeat was a big embarrasment for Germany and Hitler couldn't stand that. Hitler's visions were:

1. A united Germany with all the Germanic peoples gathered together in one country. Hence the annexation of the Sudetenland, Latvia, Lithuania and other former German colonies.

2. A Germany free of Jews. He had a hatred of Jews whom he saw as sucking the life-blood out of Germany. Many Jews were successful captains of industry and were very successful bankers while he was a poverty-stricken reject from the Vienna school of art. (I often wonder what would have happened if they'd accepted him - even though his painting was pretty mundane)

3. A Germany ruled by and for the benefit of the pure Arian nation. He had a feeling of the racial superiority of the Arian race (and especially the nordics).

Basically, Waite is your book - it's a psychological study of Hitler. One of the best I read while I was studying for my degree. If memory serves, it was published in 1977.

R
bytemaster2001
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hmmm
seeing as I'm only a little I.B. HL student, I would just like to add/modify to a few things in the previous post:

1. Hitler did not think that Germany was weak - he felt strongly, as did most other Germans, that the government and politicians were weak by 'selling Germany out' by signing the Treaty of Versailles, thus accepting Clause 243, the War Guilt Clause, which stated that the Germans took full responsibility for their ERRONEOUS actions. This, in the eyes of its citizens, disgraced the nation, and Hitler capitalized on this widespread sentiment by saying that the only way for her to redeem herself was by a quick and violent revolution (change of government) and revenge for the terms of the Treaty.

There were a couple other things I was going to add, but I got kicked off the PC in the middle of that and forgot what I was going to say :\. Hope this helps
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You are correct. Hitler did consider the government was weak.

To get the full flavour of his opinions on that, you need to read Mein Kamph. It's a bit turgid but less so than his subsequent Der Schewisse Buch (unpublished).

R
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed