The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hmmm, it was quite blunt! but i got a southampton interview which is the one i want! yeah deffo their loss, well good luck everyone else!
Reply 21
Anon
We had a talk first then 2 people interviewed me.. I put more information in the 'interviews' thread but they just asked some questions and gave me a scenario.. Nottingham though have a group discussion and written task (i think) it all depends where you apply.. Edinburgh didn't interview me and gave me an offer

My friend is predicted AAA and got rejected by Edinburgh for Nursing :redface: so well done for your offer!
Reply 22
twiga
My friend is predicted AAA and got rejected by Edinburgh for Nursing :redface: so well done for your offer!

Really? :eek: I didn't get AAA (taking a year out so already done my exams) they're accepting me with ABB... I'm not too sure about going now though... purely because it's 4 years for the same course as all the 3 year ones... hmm...
Reply 23
didnt realise you needed such high A level s for nursing! what are the usual offers
Reply 24
I don't know usual offers because I don't know anyone who has applied before.. entry requirements in the prospectuses range from BBB to CCC for the Unis I looked at.. some are lower, I didn't think any were higher (which is why I was shocked with the AAA rejection mentioned above)

I think because of the size of applications now and the limited number of places the grades are going up as a sort of filter to reduce the number of people who can apply.. usually happens on courses right?
Reply 25
Anon
I don't know usual offers because I don't know anyone who has applied before.. entry requirements in the prospectuses range from BBB to CCC for the Unis I looked at.. some are lower, I didn't think any were higher (which is why I was shocked with the AAA rejection mentioned above)

I think because of the size of applications now and the limited number of places the grades are going up as a sort of filter to reduce the number of people who can apply.. usually happens on courses right?

Goddd, AAA rejection, thats a little unexpected. Well does anyone know how many places there are for a typical nusing degree. Its not as bad as say 70 for optometry is it? :rolleyes:
Reply 26
nayanayan
Goddd, AAA rejection, thats a little unexpected. Well does anyone know how many places there are for a typical nusing degree. Its not as bad as say 70 for optometry is it? :rolleyes:

Yup it is as bad in most places :biggrin: think Cardiff's nursing school is quite big but some are pretty small.. dont know numbers off the top of my head though :smile:

Latest