Social Classes- Do they still exist? Watch

Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
Can you really blame this solely on social class? I don't think so...
what, the fact there's a heap of threads on here about chavs?
slk999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by segat1)
what, the fact there's a heap of threads on here about chavs?
hehe, well, d'you think a chav actually knows how to use a computer??!! it's 'cos chavs are the easiest scapegoats. we blame all our problems ohn chavs. crime=chavs. vandalism=chavs. NHS waiting lists= chavs... (or... maybe not...!). lol.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rich_)
hehe, well, d'you think a chav actually knows how to use a computer??!! it's 'cos chavs are the easiest scapegoats. we blame all our problems ohn chavs. crime=chavs. vandalism=chavs. NHS waiting lists= chavs... (or... maybe not...!). lol.
hee hee that reminds me of the Simpsons episodes where they blame everything on "immigants"
Leigh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kavanne)
I go to a school full of new money 'riff raff'. 'Oh, look at my FENDI BAG and my GUCCI COAT and look at my media studies A Level! i will go far in life with this'.
Can I ask where you'd say you stood on the 'class ladder', if it existed? I agree with your statement (I don't go to a private school but have met people like you mentioned) but am a little confused as to which angle you are making it from?

I'd say it does still exist, and will never go away; people will always be richer than others because we will always need doctors and lawyers. It can only become less important, and will eventually "not exist" when people realise it doesn't matter and begin to ignore it. It won't not be there, but with less emphasis on it, it won't be thought of. Fortunately, we've been heading that way for some time and individual merit is now valued much higher than status or background.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The class system is alive and well, perhaps our society now has more class mobility than ever before - mostly because class is generally based on jobs now (like the social grading system that exists.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed