The Student Room Group

AS Biology f212 26th May 2011

yep, so no-ones made one yet, i figured now was the best time lol

I need to start revision for this, I'm too busy doing other subjects :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Got a B in the F211 - Need to get a A in this, I think it seems abit easier as the biodiversity, evoloution, heathy eating etc. is all commn sense, It's just the bnds and nuclic acid gets me. Need to revise :biggrin:
Good luck dude
Reply 2
Original post by Lambo_93
Got a B in the F211 - Need to get a A in this, I think it seems abit easier as the biodiversity, evoloution, heathy eating etc. is all commn sense, It's just the bnds and nuclic acid gets me. Need to revise :biggrin:
Good luck dude

yep, I gta A for last one (have no clue how) but just marking a past paper as I write lol:tongue: urm so far seems lyk im doing pretty crap!! iv only got lyk 2 ticks for each page, which will be lyk an E or something...

i'm so scared:frown: im finding the evolution n biodiversity so hardddd,, i'v got my miserable face on (dont know why the four lion's guy just popped into ma head:biggrin:)

n yep, gud luk to u too m888888
Reply 3
Original post by taunt
yep, I gta A for last one (have no clue how) but just marking a past paper as I write lol:tongue: urm so far seems lyk im doing pretty crap!! iv only got lyk 2 ticks for each page, which will be lyk an E or something...

i'm so scared:frown: im finding the evolution n biodiversity so hardddd,, i'v got my miserable face on (dont know why the four lion's guy just popped into ma head:biggrin:)

n yep, gud luk to u too m888888

So are you doing OCR? If so, how did you do in the quant, quol, and eval?

:smile:
Reply 4
So are you doing OCR? If so, how did you do in the quant, quol, and eval?

:smile:

In the order u jus said lol

I got: 9/10, 9/10, 18/10

wt bwt u?? :tongue:
Reply 5
Hi to all

I'm taking the F212 exam as well and so far i've got a really low C in the F211 exam and i got a B in the practical work overall from last year and i'm hoping to achieve a C on the F212 exam.

Does anyone have any revision tips for revising biodiversity, classification and evolution as it would be really helpful for me.
Reply 6
Original post by taunt
In the order u jus said lol

I got: 9/10, 9/10, 18/10

wt bwt u?? :tongue:

18/10 Thats good :cute: ahah well done, that should set you up well for the exam. I haven't found out what I have got yet :frown:

I don't have many revision tips, I just use the book and condense all the notes, and look at the specification - It tells you what you need to know. :smile:
i am a little bit scared about this exam. i got a C in my january module and i want an overall A in this exam i will work harderrrr. has anyone started doing past papers?
Reply 8
18/10 Thats good :cute: ahah well done, that should set you up well for the exam. I haven't found out what I have got yet :frown:

I don't have many revision tips, I just use the book and condense all the notes, and look at the specification - It tells you what you need to know. :smile:

hahah sorry i meant 18/20
Im a bit of dummy:tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by breezybabe05
i am a little bit scared about this exam. i got a C in my january module and i want an overall A in this exam i will work harderrrr. has anyone started doing past papers?

I started doing past papers for this during easter and i've found them quite useful + my teacher said to the class that we should be making notes on past the papers and look at the mark schemes to give an overall idea on what to write down on the day of the exam.

I hope that this info helps
Original post by akindrat18
I started doing past papers for this during easter and i've found them quite useful + my teacher said to the class that we should be making notes on past the papers and look at the mark schemes to give an overall idea on what to write down on the day of the exam.

I hope that this info helps

Yea I have learnt some of the Mark scheme answers
Reply 11
HEY ,
im doing this exam as well,

would guys wanna post notes, any queries , so that we can help each other out.

According to me, my main two weaknesses are that DOES NOT READ QUESTION PROPERLY- THEREFORE MAKING SILLY ERRORS and do not apply knnowledge, even though i've learned the text back to front- not good at answering HOW SCIENCE WORK QUESTIONS.

does anybody have any useful tips to overcome these problems.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by bites
HEY ,
im doing this exam as well,

would guys wanna post notes, any queries , so that we can help each other out.
x

The evolution and the bidiversity stuff is doing my balls in lol
Reply 13
Original post by breezybabe05
Yea I have learnt some of the Mark scheme answers

I did that and I was a little dumb to write it as word for word in the mock paper, and the teacher was quite, shall we say, displeased:cool:

I was just like...EVERYONE DOES IT..dumbass!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by taunt
The evolution and the bidiversity stuff is doing my balls in lol

same with me... out of all the biology, this is my waekest area and also the boring bit of it all.
Reply 15
Original post by bites
same with me... out of all the biology, this is my waekest area and also the boring bit of it all.

yeh, thats exactly what it is, its just sooo boring... anyway hows your revision going?? i'm having like a weakend break lol i just cant physically get myself to do any more revision...Im soo tired lol
Reply 16
HEYYYYYYY!! Nice to see someones decided to make a thread, well I'm sitting this exam.. for the third time :colondollar: ...
I got a an A in F211 and a B in F212 last summer, I resat in January and got a B again, but two marks lower than last summer, so now it's my final shot realllyyyyy hoping to get an A, as I got an A in January in F214, and aiming for an A in F215 aswell!

Good luck to you all, I will be uploading my notes soon if anybody wants a nosey
xxxx

Just realised this all sounds really confusing.
Reply 17
My F212 notes, for module 1..
They're not fantastic and am doing module 2 & 3 now if anybody is interested.
Hope they're of some use :smile:

REVISE HARDDDDD!!
I will get my hands dirty with this thread soon :colone:
Reply 19
Good luck guys, I had 105/150 last year when I took it in June, did my retake this Jan and got 138/150.

My advice would be:

-Go over it, again and again - write notes, read it and memorize it
-Think about it when you write, think about the processes and what's going on, in other words visualize the content
-Past papers, the mark scheme answers are the difference between an A and getting a B, I didn't do much mark scheme in June and got a B, even though I thought i learned the content, but in Jan I didn't go over the content as much as I did in June, but upped mark scheme memorizing.

Goodluck y'all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending