nice perfumes Watch

bjk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
heya! can anyone recommend any good perfumes or ones that they like please? as well as where you can get them and how much they cost....(I dont know anything about this kind of thing so I need a bit of help...)
Thank you!
Amy x
fiesty_fox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I always go for floral perfumes, such as estee lauder beyond paradise or ralph lauren blue. I can't stand musky perfumes, they are just too muhc and heavy for me.
Usually musky perfumes are for winter and floral perfumes are for summer.
yummyfudge7
Report 13 years ago
Well as much as I'm not particularly fond of Britney Spears, I quite like her fragrance "curious" and I would also recommend "Lacoste Pink". However, whether you may like these would depend, as everyone's different. Plus depending upon the occassion may depend upon what fragrance you wear, so although people may recommend certain things, it's only really down to you! Most decent perfumes like the one's above can be quite expensive (around £30-£40) although they are worth it (if you have the money to spare; they're usually a treat for me).

On the other hand you can still get nice perfumes say from the Avon that are cheaper. I'd recommend going to Boots, Superdrug etc. and trying some testers to see what you like and what's in your price range.

Good luck!
~*Sweetness*~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At the moment I love 'Angel' by Thierry Mugler. It's got a lovely vanillary scent. I always get compliments when I wear it. It's quite a distinct scent though, so you'll probably either love it or hate it.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fiesty_fox)
I always go for floral perfumes, such as estee lauder beyond paradise or ralph lauren blue. I can't stand musky perfumes, they are just too muhc and heavy for me.
Usually musky perfumes are for winter and floral perfumes are for summer.
I am hopefully getting Beyond Paradise for Christmas. Pleasure is also really nice.

Currently I wear Lacoste Touch of Pink and Givenchy Very Irresistable most of the time. I also really like Clinque Happy.

Recently discovered a Matthew Williamson perfume in Debanhams which was beautiful. I might buy that after Christmas.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what are you looking to pay? Minimum and maximum
Katia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Verscae Red Jeans is nice, really floral smelling and girly. Christian Dior Poison is gorge - smells abit like sweeties
bjk
Rep:
?
well my nan asked my mum what I'd like as a 'main' present from her for xmas so probably 20/25ish....
Amy x
Katia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Versace Red Jeans is nice, really floral smelling and girly. Christian Dior Poison is gorge - smells a bit like sweeties
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really like j'adore especially the summer fragrance
I also like anais anais
justbrowsing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Go for Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. I usually hate fragrances by celebrities, strictly a Chanel no5 kinda girl, but this only is, well, um, rather lovely
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I LOVE Pure Poison by Christian Dior but its quite expensive :hmpf:
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love Anais Anais , lovely smell and not very expensive at all.
*Emily*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
chanel - chance & No. 5
JP gaultier - Eau d'été
they're my faves - quite expensive tho!
~Bex~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd like to reiterate what someone else said about the Britney Spears one - dont be put off by the fact that its by her! I was surprised at how nice it was. Flower by Kenzos nice as well.
bjk
Rep:
?
ahhh....I wish I could smell some of these! possible or not anywhere?
Amy x
*Emily*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if you live near a dept store, they have loads of perfume counters - you could get some samples there for free
~Bex~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can smell them at boots, superdrug, the perfume shop, debenhams. anywhere like that! Just go in and ask!
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AmyO)
ahhh....I wish I could smell some of these! possible or not anywhere?
Amy x
My local boots has a massive display with all the test ones so you don't even need to wait for a sales assistant which is really helpful.
bjk
Rep:
?
:eek: thank you!!
Amy x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.58%
No (39)
68.42%

Watched Threads