weight watchers!! Watch

Sexy Plexi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know how many pounds you can lose on the 1st week of this diet (cos it generally slows in subsequent weeks, yes?) if you follow it religiously and exercise ur ass off (literally!)*. Or if anyone's done it before and had any experiences they'd like to share...... Ta

*I'm within healthy BMI for my height but nearer the overweight end than the underweight end.
Wineblood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It worked pretty well for me. I lost about 1.5 Kg the first week and I really don't exercise.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fad diets are crap
Sexy Plexi
Rep:
?
(Original post by bis432)
fad diets are crap

But it's not! The calories are enough so that your metabolism doesn't slow cos ur body thinks ur starving it...its encourages u to control ur portion sizes...it encourages u to eat a balanced diet (lots of fruit, veg, water, calcium protein)...encourages exercise...no food groups are banned...and its been around for years. So hows it a fad diet?!
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ignore bis432, he's being silly.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
weight watchers is a fad diet just like atkins, zone, etc. you think a diet has to discourage exercise and disallow lots of foods to become a fad diet? it is one of the better ones though, which doesnt say much for it. wanna know the best way of losing weight? just eating healthily and exercising regually. dont waste your time, money and effort.
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wanna know the best way of losing weight? just eating healthily and exercising regually. dont waste your time, money and effort.
Thing is, that's too vague. Putting restrictions allows people to know what to avoid and what is good for them.
Different things work for different people.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Losing weight that fast is bad anyway - it will go straight back on when you fall off the wagon, ever notice how nobody is healthy at weight watchers and they have been members for years? I agree with bis for once, you need a life style change not a bs fad diet.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wineblood)
Thing is, that's too vague. Putting restrictions allows people to know what to avoid and what is good for them.
Different things work for different people.
putting restrictions to see whats good for them? people should know whats bad and whats good anyway. there is such a thing as common sense, although it is far from common these days.

--------------

(Original post by Elipsis)
I agree with bis for once
wow. theres a first time for everything.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
putting restrictions to see whats good for them? people should know whats bad and whats good anyway. there is such a thing as common sense, although it is far from common these days.
Hmmm does the gerkin in a big mac count as 1 of my 5 a day fruit and vegs?lol.
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, I know what's good for me, I just don't eat it. Mainly because I don't see the point in eating only healthy foods.
Sexy Plexi
Rep:
?
well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but you only need to pick up a copy of their WW magazine and flick thru it to see how many people have lost astounding amounts on it. my mum did it a few years back and went from a size 18 to a size 12 and has kept the weight off, too. the only reason i posted this was to find out wat u can expect in 1st wk...cos she doesnt remember! nevamind...
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well how can we predict your weight loss levels when we don't no your height you weight, the diet your on, your % body fat and the excercise regime you are following...
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you dont see the point in eating healthy foods? you must be severely retarded if thats the case.
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I said ONLY healthy food.
I do eat some normal food and some crap food.
You're the one who's severely retarded if you can't even read.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
weight watchers is a fad diet just like atkins, zone, etc. you think a diet has to discourage exercise and disallow lots of foods to become a fad diet? it is one of the better ones though, which doesnt say much for it. wanna know the best way of losing weight? just eating healthily and exercising regually. dont waste your time, money and effort.
I think they are a bit rubbish if youre just trying to loose a small amount. i think that if you are really overweight, then they are good. but if you just want to loose a small amount, make sure you eat well, and get exercise. swap crisps and chocolate for dried fruit and normal fruit. even tinned fruit is probably better than a bar of chocolate. have semi-skimmed or skimmed milk instead of whole fat milk. if you have cream in your coffee, stop. i find that if i try these fad diets, i always end up eating what im not meant to! whereas if i just try and eat healthy, i dont snack as much.
Sexy Plexi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elipsis)
Well how can we predict your weight loss levels when we don't no your height you weight, the diet your on, your % body fat and the excercise regime you are following...

Fair point. I'm 5"7, weighed 10.5 last time I checked (but quite muscly too), doing points system on WW, dunno my % body fat, each day running for 1hr r doing a 1 1/2 walk or dancing. also doing stomach crunches and dumbells. wud be great if anyone did hav a rough idea...if not itll be a surprise! sorry, aware this is prob a v boring thread, just trying to lose some weight b4 Christmas, have put on cos no where near as active as I used to be and I'd rather be thinner.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by johnnysgirl)
well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but you only need to pick up a copy of their WW magazine and flick thru it to see how many people have lost astounding amounts on it. my mum did it a few years back and went from a size 18 to a size 12 and has kept the weight off, too. the only reason i posted this was to find out wat u can expect in 1st wk...cos she doesnt remember! nevamind...
WW magazine? i dont even know what that is. do you really believe everything a gossip magazine tells you? they aint gonna show people put on weight while trying to promote something. its probably the female equivilent to mens health magazine. ever read the articles in that? like "get an 8 pack in 1 week without exercising". jeez people are too gullible these days too.

how can people estimate how much weight you will lose when we know nothing about you?

anyway, sorry if this comes off sounding harsh, i always seem to do that. just trying to save you from wasting time, money and effort.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not sure, any 1 feel free to correct me but if you stay strict with yourself perhaps 3-5 £'s in your first week? then it will gradually drop after a while. Weight watchers will probably ruin your life though, just be sensible in what you eat and do your excercising and you will save money and be happier.
Sexy Plexi
Rep:
?
WW magazine? i dont even know what that is. do you really believe everything a gossip magazine tells you? they aint gonna show people put on weight while trying to promote something. its probably the female equivilent to mens health magazine. ever read the articles in that? like "get an 8 pack in 1 week without exercising". jeez people are too gullible these days too.

how can people estimate how much weight you will lose when we know nothing about you?

anyway, sorry if this comes off sounding harsh, i always seem to do that. just trying to save you from wasting time, money and effort.
Didnt make that v clear, it's Weight Watchers magazine, Im not somebody who'd ever read somehting like closer/now or whatever, got better things to do with my time. Ive posted my details a few posts above this one.
And, also, it's not gonna cost me zzs every wk cos ive bought the points guides.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
27.03%
No (135)
72.97%

Watched Threads