what size ski's are you im 160 carvers
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
what size ski's are you im 160 carvers
Same. I used to take 165s, but 160s are easier for slalom.

Do you have your own skis?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Same. I used to take 165s, but 160s are easier for slalom.

Do you have your own skis?
no my mum and dad wont let me get my own pair :mad:

do you think carvers are easier to use?
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no my mum and dad wont let me get my own pair :mad:
I saved up and bought my own I now have my own race helmet, pole guards and shin guards too

do you think carvers are easier to use?
On dry slopes carvers a lot easier. On snow there isn't so much of a difference. The main reason they're easier it that you can have a much smaller sized carver ski, for example, I take 170 non carvers, but only 160 carvers. Generally it's easier to ski on shorter skis (within reason...)
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have never been skiing... but i have heard that it is like flying, awwww. I would love to do it, along with the whole list of other things that i want to do
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
I have never been skiing... but i have heard that it is like flying, awwww. I would love to do it, along with the whole list of other things that i want to do
how the hell do skiiers know what flying's like?!
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
Lol, I see what Matt's saying though, it is about as close to flying you can be without leaving the ground.

Imagine it like ice skating but without having to push yourself along so much - you can't really feel your skis pushing against the snow. Dry slopes are completely different though...nothing quite like skiing on doormats
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I went yesterday. It was absolutley brilliant
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
Lol, i guess that they are just trying to find somthing that people can relate to... ie often in these threads about mutant powers and such people say they want to be able to fly.

To be able to fly unaided is generally thought to be a peaceful and liberating experience. Everyone has an imagination. Look how many films have people flying in them. Its the feeling that is trying to be expressed, not the litteral sense of the word.

Therefore no-one has actually claimed to fly, but rather trying to describe a situation.
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I went yesterday. It was absolutley brilliant
Cool

Where did you go?
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Skiing is my favourite sport, and provided you start young you should be fearless. Try it as soon as you can, because if you're too late chances are you'll be scared shitless and not find it much fun.

If you can afford it I highly recommend skiing in the Rocky mountains, especially the Vale area. It's sooooo american they make everything so easy. In aspen, you don't need to walk anywhere. A moving walkway/escalator will take you to the lifts, and you can have a ski valet bring you your skis!! The only problem is that, due to the height, there are no trees around the pistes. Which, I suppose, is a good thing from a safety perspective. But squirrel runs through the forest are so fun.

To the person who said snow blades are more difficult, I wouldn't agree totally. Perhaps they are more difficult to master. But it's very easy just to get up on snow blades and go - you can quite easily get yourself speeding down the pistes with little skill. Due to their short length, there is never the risk that your snow blades come over your head and clobber you if you wipe out. This can happen on skis if the binding fails (usually due to a cretin at the skishop overtightening them).
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
nah, skiing is perfectly safe. Never seen anyone hurt themself whilst doing some casual skiing.
I love skiing! Started when I was 3 and have been lucky enough to go every yr since. I used to hate it so much though, but that was prob cos I got put in ski school and everyone else was french. I hated it so much my parents ended up teaching me . I have a cracked vertibrae (?spelling?) from a skiing accident, but thats from a race - normal skiing is fine, just be careful near trees!
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
*cries*

I'm going to the British University Snowsports Championships in Easter though. It's in Les Deux Alpes this year
That's a nice resort. Nice slopes.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
has anyone ever gone skiing before because i go every wednesday and im going to llandudno tomorrow.So who has skiied before?
Llandudno, isn't that a 'sea-side resort in Wales'? I've been there on a geography trip...
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bradders)
Serendipity, do ya wear a cat-suit wen ya ski....
im going boarding 2mos. but widout a cat suit. bradders, 1 more post and you loose ur new member tag forever!
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bradders)
Is that a fact..
ITS GONE!!! Its okay mate, i have lost mine too.

I'm not sure where it is though, i think my room mate stole it from me *cries*
Chris_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ive been skiing 4 times on snow (france, austria, italy and canada) and countless times dry-slope. Ive used snow-blades and big-feet aswell, both are very fun but much slower than normal skies.

If I could go more regularly it would definetly be my favourite sport..

There was a girl in my school who went skiing twice and broke her leg on the first day both times she went
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chris_)
Ive been skiing 4 times on snow (france, austria, italy and canada) and countless times dry-slope. Ive used snow-blades and big-feet aswell, both are very fun but much slower than normal skies.

If I could go more regularly it would definetly be my favourite sport..

There was a girl in my school who went skiing twice and broke her leg on the first day both times she went
Thats pretty majorly unlucky!

Where abouts in Canada did you go skiing?
Ben.S.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Skiing is absolutely brilliant. I've done it in Norway, New Zealand, Canada and er...Scotland. Canada is by far the best - Lake Louise has some massive runs!

Ben
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads