This discussion is closed.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
Skiing is absolutely brilliant. I've done it in Norway, New Zealand, Canada and er...Scotland. Canada is by far the best - Lake Louise has some massive runs!

Ben
Its beautiful round there, I haven't been skiing over there but been on a holiday, absolutely fantastic. Had breakfast at the posh Lake Louise hotel!
Chris_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Thats pretty majorly unlucky!

Where abouts in Canada did you go skiing?
Quebec City in the east. I want to go to Whistler or somewhere in the west, but most of the well known resorts have become overly popular.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chris_)
Quebec City in the east. I want to go to Whistler or somewhere in the west, but most of the well known resorts have become overly popular.
We went to Vancouver last April (not to ski though) and practically the whole plane was filled with British skiiers going to Whistlers, as its the last few weeks of the ski seasons.
Ben.S.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its beautiful round there, I haven't been skiing over there but been on a holiday, absolutely fantastic. Had breakfast at the posh Lake Louise hotel!
Yeah - that place is massive!!! When we went there the lake was frozen over and there were ice sculptures on it. We didn't stay there though - for obvious reasons!

Ben
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah - that place is massive!!! When we went there the lake was frozen over and there were ice sculptures on it. We didn't stay there though - for obvious reasons!

Ben
I was there in July, so not frozen over but still very cold! We didn't stay there either, but we went there first thing in the morning, so we could travel to Banff the same day, but decided to have breakfast in the hotel - best breakfast i've ever had!!!
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We went to Vancouver last April (not to ski though) and practically the whole plane was filled with British skiiers going to Whistlers, as its the last few weeks of the ski seasons.
Whistler is a great place to ski, my family live there so i get to stay for free, and my cousin plays the ski guide
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bradders)
Serendipity, do ya wear a cat-suit wen ya ski....
Yeah, always, why, don't you?
lilmissnaughty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
In England
Great places to practice skiin all year round - not just dry slopes, also real snow slopes at Tamworth-near Birmingcham, and a new place called Xscape in Castleford near leeds - amazing! (www.xscape.co.uk)
(i went skiin on Saturday )
xx
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by lilmissnaughty)
In England
Great places to practice skiin all year round - not just dry slopes, also real snow slopes at Tamworth-near Birmingcham, and a new place called Xscape in Castleford near leeds - amazing! (www.xscape.co.uk)
xx
me to i went to llandudno were did you go?
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i jus went 2 an indoor slope at leeds, was amazing, went rock climbin too!!!

Im goin skiin in switzerland on the 14th feb though, so that shud b amazing!!!

xxx
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i jus went 2 an indoor slope at leeds, was amazing, went rock climbin too!!!

Im goin skiin in switzerland on the 14th feb though, so that shud b amazing!!!

xxx
im jealous.

can i come?
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Skiing is absolutely brilliant. I've done it in Norway, New Zealand, Canada and er...Scotland. Canada is by far the best - Lake Louise has some massive runs!

Ben
If you're round that area go to Sunshine Village. They get tons of snow, if fact they don't have any snow making machinery.

My dad was there over New Year, stayed at the Chateau Lake Louise. The weather was a bit cold on a couple of days -40 C!!.

Were are going to Lake Louise next Wednesday (11th), looks like its going to be good as they have been having 2-9 inches if snow almost every day recently.
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
im jealous.

can i come?

Ill giv u ma bf's ticket if you r nice 2 me, cos hes bin annoyin me majorly!!! hehe!

xxx
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I LOVE skiing

did I have to mention that living in Munich? Its the greatest sport of all!!!
]{_colloquial
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
In England
xx
went to xscape on sunday boarding!! the snow on the far left slope (from viewing gallery) was cra*ppy wasnt it not much like real snow but still better than dry slope! much fun.
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've been to Vermont with school, switzerland with a friend and val d'isere with my brother. .....and i'm still really bad!

My brothers on his gap year in whistler at the min, sounds amazing there.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've been skiing a few times (fractured my fibia once) i've also been snowboarding and i tried out snow-blades too. I definitely enjoyed snow-blades the most. I've been to Courchevel, les menuires, la plagne, alpe d'huez and avoriaz (all in france for those not in the know)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads