Faking/Editing GCSE results

Watch this thread
ju1c
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Lets say you edit your statement of results and change a 'D' grade to a 'C' grade when applying for a sixth form. Is there anyway they may find out instantly or no? Would you be able to get away with it if it looked legit?

Statement of results btw, not the actual certificate
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
They are a sixth form, not a corner shop, yes they will check.
Rebeccaaa1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Yes, you could get sent to prison for up to five years... DONT DO IT
becca_m
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Wouldn't recommend it. You could get in pretty serious trouble for trying to scam them when they find out, and they will find out.

Assuming you're talking about yourself and it isn't a hypothetical question, and that you want to try this because you don't think the sixth form will take you with your actual grade:

Try asking if they'll take you if you resit during y12, I knew people who did that at my sixth form with Maths and English.
username664275
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by becca_m)
Wouldn't recommend it. You could get in pretty serious trouble for trying to scam them when they find out, and they will find out.

Assuming you're talking about yourself and it isn't a hypothetical question, and that you want to try this because you don't think the sixth form will take you with your actual grade:

Try asking if they'll take you if you resit during y12, I knew people who did that at my sixth form with Maths and English.
a C in maths, english nd science is compulsory so they prob had it rather than wanted to.
ju1c
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
They are a sixth form, not a corner shop, yes they will check.
Isn't the data protection act that the exam boards don't give out personal information? How long would it be before they actually check?
razvimir
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Not recommended , they will want the official statement of results which will be printed on your school's letter head. If they dont print it on the letter head then you would be expected to have the Head teacher's signature on the paper. Thats what happened to me and my brother coz we applied to grammar schools
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
why would you do that?? most colleges ask to see certificates anyway.
Imtosmart
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Not worth the jail time mate
randompanda_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Imtosmart)
Not worth the jail time mate
11yr old thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads