(Original post by Multiplexed)
Question to the BNP
How do you go about doing this? Especially the 'FISHING' area.
A healthy nation depends on a healthy environment and on healthy food. The
see a strong, healthy agriculture sector and vibrant farming communities as vital to the country's wellbeing. Britain's farming industry will be encouraged to produce a much greater part of the nation's need in food products. Priority will be switched from quantity to quality, as we move from competing in a global economy to maximum self-sufficiency for Britain, sustainable agriculture, decreased reliance on petro-chemical products and more organic production.
1. CAP subsidies will be phased out following our withdrawal from the EU. The New Zealand experience will be studied closely and we will work on the principle that if anything is to be subsidised, it will be increases in food quality (nutritional quality) rather than the quantity produced as well as environmental sustainability and rural communities.
2. The first five years of BNP government will see extensive effort put into researching, running pilot schemes and establishing training facilities designed to facilitate a massive and irreversible long-term shift away from giant, mono-cultural agribusiness land-holdings. A graduated land-tax related to the size of holdings and the quality of land involved, incentives to new young farmers, and the extensive use of National Service labour will all be employed to transform the south and east of England in particular.
The current unsustainable practice of ‘mining' our soil for what little remains of its fertility in the industrial production of low quality arable food will be replaced by sustainable, mixed agriculture based on family farms employing high technology as well as sound husbandry.
3. We will ensure a major shift to healthier and more sustainable organic farming. Local farms will supply local schools with fresh produce for free school meals.
4. Urgent research work will be carried out into the potential benefits of a massive remineralisation scheme, carried out with National Service labour.
5. The work of the Countryside Restoration Trust will be publicised and studied and used as lessons which are more widely applicable in our pursuit of more sustainable, healthier food production and a more beautiful Britain.
6. Factory farming and related agricultural practices will be phased out.
Factory farming and related agricultural practices will be phased out.
7. Halal and Kosher slaughter, will be banned, following the lead against animal cruelty given by Switzerland.
8. Animal cruelty and abuse of the land will be punished with severe prison sentences.
9. We are pledged to ensure the restoration of Britain's once great fishing industry with the re-imposition of the former exclusion zones around our coast. The Royal Navy will police the territorial limit and prevent all foreign fishing fleets entering British waters by force if required.
10. We will fund urgent research into the replacement of environmentally disastrous river, loch and estuary fish farms with off-shore deepwater fish farms, possibly built in conjunction with wave, ocean current and wind power generation units.