Turn on thread page Beta

TSR General Election 2005/6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    It was our European policies actually
    I remember thinking that baby up while waiting for a lift home from school. I couldn't believe my mum wasn't ridiculously impressed by my idea!

Incidentally, on the drinking point, from our website:

"We are pleased that the Government has stolen our loony policy of discouraging binge drinking by proposing to open pubs for 24 hours and now feel that the public see that a vote for the Official Monster Raving Loony Party is no longer a wasted vote. We are preparing for Government."
    ah...european - my mistake...

If all it took to form the government was having new labour steal your policies, the tories would have the biggest majority ever recorded at the last election.

also - you know what happens to your party members when they are succesfully elected (you know your own history, right?)

ReputationRep:
    Jobs are always good
    Labour will not make you food
    Only Tories would

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, here come the Tories nicking our campaigns :p:
    First everyone copied our canvassing tactics in the last election, now this

ReputationRep:
    *plead of innocence*

infact, bugger that

*plead of "its modern politics - we are the new new labour - get over it" *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Oh look, here come the Tories nicking our campaigns :p:
    First everyone copied our canvassing tactics in the last election, now this
    All your bases are belong to us. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, such a horrid thick blanket of SPAM appears to have covered this thread, I can hardly see where its going...

Oooh I seeee, the MRLP are present :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bismarck dear, it's "All your BASE are belong to us" :rolleyes:

Beekeeper, you seem to forget that the TSR public aren't always that averse to spam.

ReputationRep:
    Let your conscience guide you, vote GREEN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vierstein)
    Let your conscience guide you, vote GREEN
    Why? Other party's polices are environmentally conscious too, why should people feel the need to shun these ideas and vote for the Greens?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by fr browne)
    Why? Other party's polices are environmentally conscious too, why should people feel the need to shun these ideas and vote for the Greens?
    Indeed, a significant proportion of the Labour party statement dealt with issues relating to environmental issues. We said:

We are committed to improving the environment, cutting greenhouse gas emissions, a move in energy production away from non-renewable sources, increase provision for recycling in local communities and promotion of development on Brownfield sites, cheaper, cleaner, more efficient and more regular trains and buses, congestion will be cut by better road management.”

ReputationRep:
    Notice:

As I have already stated, Voting twice using duplicate accounts is not allowed.
    It appears some members who will remain nameless have created second accounts and posted excessively so that they are eligible for vote, and thus abused the system.
    The members in question have been banned and their votes removed.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Notice:

It appears some members who will remain nameless have created second accounts and posted excessively so that they are eligible for vote, and thus abused the system.
    When you say 'members...have been banned' do you just mean the duplicate accounts or their original accounts too?

ReputationRep:
    Notice:

Why let them remain annonymous? Embarass them in public to let others think twice before trying to pull off a similar stunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr browne)
    As far as I can see there are no policies our two parties oppose each other on (from the party statements). Would you mind telling me what policy of the Green Party You disagree with.

(Original post by roger kirk)
    Indeed, a significant proportion of the Labour party statement dealt with issues relating to environmental issues. We said:

We are committed to improving the environment, cutting greenhouse gas emissions, a move in energy production away from non-renewable sources, increase provision for recycling in local communities and promotion of development on Brownfield sites, cheaper, cleaner, more efficient and more regular trains and buses, congestion will be cut by better road management.”
    Yes but the Labour party supported the War in Iraq, an issue on which the Green party is vehemently opposed.

ReputationRep:
    Notice:

BNP voters, perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    BNP voters, perhaps?
    thats a terrible slur upon their party and nature...
    but since its probably true i'm not about to complain about that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    BNP voters, perhaps?
    ****. No, not BNP voters.

ReputationRep:
    I can't vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmik_debris)
    [email protected] No, not BNP voters.
    How do you know?

I think its quite likely, seeing as though we had lots of BNP members banned yesterday, specifically because they were flooding TSR with multiple accounts which is a bannable offence.
    Or did you pretend not to notice the polish Nazi who came on D+D pretending not to be able to speak English?

And if you're going to call me a **** using the "@" sign, there's no need for the 't' at the end, as it is already incorporated in the "@".

--------------

(Original post by darryladie)
    I can't vote?
    You need to have a post count of 100.

ReputationRep:
    --------------

When the Conservatives win the next general election; because it is now quite possible - society as a whole shall be revitilised and lifted!

No matter how hard Labour try to reverse their tracks - They are dying. - Every dog has its day.... Gordon Brown is the worlds most miserable human - he is widely disrespected - Cameron? Quite the opposite - Labour and going to be shown how it's really done in 5 years time.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.