Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BK, wouldn't it be better to post details about what bribery you think has taken place so the matter can be resolved in the open, rather than just taking votes/seats away because you 'have reason to believe' funny business went on...?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by william1986)
    If thats the case I want a seat.
    It was also agreed upon that while any party who got some votes would get two seats, any independent would require 10 votes to get their seat. Carl did, you didn't , that's how it goes I'm afraid. You didn't complain back then, so you shouldn't now. Everything was clearly stated before the election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Of the 81 seats allocated, the Conservatives have 20, which is proportionate to their share of the vote.

If people don't feel they can fill the seats and represent the electorate quite so well, then could they PM me their personal proposal please.

There was a recommendations thread where this could have (and should have) been mentioned earlier.
    this was an issue we extensively discussed before you were elected as speaker, and we were assured our conclusions, which were amicable between all parties who contributed, would be taken into account for forming the next government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william1986)
    If thats the case I want a seat.
    You didn't stand as a Party, but as an independent candidate, and the rules regarding independents were made very clear before the election.

Clearly you have once again demonstrated your ignorance to the entire process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    It was also agreed upon that while any party who got some votes would get two seats, any independent would require 10 votes to get their seat. Carl did, you didn't , that's how it goes I'm afraid. You didn't complain back then, so you shouldn't now. Everything was clearly stated before the election.
    William1986(independent) is the name of a party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Of course not.

Consider yourself lucky I didn't follow the many members who have been calling for your Party to be banned from the election.
    Could you get a party banned? I would asked for BNP to be removed then!

ReputationRep:
    Why cant we have it:
    BNP - 5
    Conservatives - 24
    Green Party - 5
    Labour - 17
    Lib Dems - 25
    MRLP - 11
    SNP - 0
    Carl - 1
    William1986 - 1
    RESPECT - 3

Seats - 95

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you have once again demonstrated your ignorance to the entire process.

Your one to takl!!! Your taking away seats, trying to stifle debate, and rejecting agreed ways of handing out seats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallguy54321)
    Could you get a party banned? I would asked for BNP to be removed then!
    I ask for the lib dems to be removed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Why cant we have it:
    BNP - 5
    Conservatives - 24
    Green Party - 5
    Labour - 17
    Lib Dems - 25
    MRLP - 11
    SNP - 0
    Carl - 1
    William1986 - 1
    RESPECT - 3

Seats - 95
    sensible to me - hear, hear
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    BK, wouldn't it be better to post details about what bribery you think has taken place so the matter can be resolved in the open, rather than just taking votes/seats away because you 'have reason to believe' funny business went on...?
    As far as I am aware, the whole business can be found somewhere in this thread. A BNP member publicly declared they were offering reputation for anyone who voted for the BNP. This sort of act was deemed to be a ban-able offense from an election during the election for Speaker a few weeks ago. Several people on here I believe (me included), called for the BNP to be banned/and or action to be taken. The Speaker said that since no votes had been cast since the bribe, no action would be taken, but it then came to light that a vote had been cast since the bride. As such the vote was removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackadder)
    I ask for the lib dems to be removed!
    Why?
    Can you actually back that motion up with evidence or are you going to blame it on the immigrants?

ReputationRep:
    I ask for nobody to be removed but for a full apology from BeeKeeper for removing BNP votes.

ReputationRep:
    It was mentioned; I don't recall anyone agreeing on it. Besides, it's not like Respect actually has 4 members or the BNP 5 who regularly contribute (all the more reason to think the BNP's vote total is highly dubious).

ReputationRep:
    I call for the BNP to be removed from this election due to their deplorable behaviour of offering rep for votes during the campaign.

ReputationRep:
    Removing Lib dems would mean more votes for labour.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware, the whole business can be found somewhere in this thread. A BNP member publicly declared they were offering reputation for anyone who voted for the BNP. This sort of act was deemed to be a ban-able offense from an election during the election for Speaker a few weeks ago. Several people on here I believe (me included), called for the BNP to be banned/and or action to be taken. The Speaker said that since no votes had been cast since the bribe, no action would be taken, but it then came to light that a vote had been cast since the bride. As such the vote was removed.
    The vote just happened to be mine!

And it was most unfair because I certainly was not swayed by any bribery, yet still MY VOTE HAS BEEN DISCOUNTED!

ReputationRep:

There was 0 reputation offered. The vote in question was cast by a long standing BNP supporter who had only just got her posts to the 100 neccessary for voting.

ReputationRep:
    I read it myself and it looks like a joke, not a bribe, to me. What possible 'bribery' is involved by offering someone no reputation points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    I read it myself and it looks like a joke, not a bribe, to me. What possible 'bribery' is involved by offering someone no reputation points?
    I'm more concerned about BNPers creating new accounts just to vote.

And people, let's be realistic here. I doubt we could fill 50 seats with members who would contribute, let alone 80 or more.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.