TSR General Election 2005/6 Watch

Daragh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Blackadder)
No, I joined the site and saw an election going on. I supported the BNP before joining this site, as my parents are both members too.
That is nothing to shout about.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DamnBuster)
Good God there is an anti-BNP conspiracy here. First half the party were banned with no explaination, now they are having votes discounted.
How would you know that seeing that you only joined yesterday?
DamnBuster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
You offered reputation, the legal term would be 'Obtaining a service by deception'.
You offered members reputation if they voted for your Party, and regardless of whether it was worth anything, you still offered the rep and deceived a member into thinking they would receive reputation.

The member in question has posted here to indicate that she was not influenced by the 'bribe'.
Blackadder
Report 13 years ago
you still offered the rep and deceived a member into thinking they would receive reputation.
No he didn't!

I was NOT deceived!

Give me some credit - I know I'm young but I'm not stupid.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Giving any seats to a party that relied on fraud to get almost all (if not all) of its votes is a mockery of this entire process. To give the BNP any seats is to admit that bribery and fraud are to be rewarded in elections.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by DamnBuster)
The member in question has posted here to indicate that she was not influenced by the 'bribe'.
So what? I think anyone with any common sense would if they were in her position!
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I joined the site and saw an election going on. I supported the BNP before joining this site, as my parents are both members too.
it does seem an amazing coincidence that several new BNP members joined at similar times and got to 100 posts in time - also, how could you have applied for membership " a long time ago" if you joined yesterday.

I, like bismarck, would like the authenticity of the BNP votes checked for electoral fraud, and any offending members banned and all votes they made rebuked.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do we get to be voted for an extra day since we had one less day on the ballot poll?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
And Blackadder who also joined yesterday? I find it highly suspicious that so many people joined yesterday and all ended up voting for the BNP.
Well I've checked a few accounts myself, and judging by our recent publicity on certain far right messageboards, who's to say which people are signing up. If banned secondary accounts can be linked by any means then they will also be banned.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Northumbrian)
Do we get to be voted for an extra day since we had one less day on the ballot poll?
No, you missed the deadline.
william1986
Report 13 years ago
Where's my party's seat?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Well I've checked a few accounts myself, and judging by our recent publicity on certain far right messageboards, who's to say which people are signing up. If banned secondary accounts can be linked by any means then they will also be banned.
Well both of them admitted to being members for a long time, despite only joining yesterday.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guys, can we come to some sort of middle ground here?

On the one hand we have people calling for the BNP to be baned and all votes discounted.

On the other we have people saying the BNP should have a vote and a seat reinstated.

Can I say to avoid any further arguments we leave things as they are with the single vote and seat remaining discounted with no further chance of changes to the number of votes and/or seats unless some substantial new evidence comes to light either way?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
Guys, can we come to some sort of middle ground here?

On the one hand we have people calling for the BNP to be baned and all votes discounted.

On the other we have people saying the BNP should have a vote and a seat reinstated.

Can I say to avoid any further arguments we leave things as they are with the single vote and seat remaining discounted with no further chance of changes to the number of votes and/or seats unless some substantial new evidence comes to light either way?
There is no middle ground between rewarding fraud and condemning it.
Blackadder
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Well both of them admitted to being members for a long time, despite only joining yesterday.
No, I meant I applied for membership a while ago - it doesn't say how long any more. But ask Miles when I applied to join the bnp on tsr - that's what I meant.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
The decision regarding bribery is final, and I for one am not going to persue it any further.

If Parties feel they will have trouble filling so many seats, then please mention so in the Recommendations thread in the HoC or PM me any alternative proposals.

I would like to congratulate all of those involved in the election, for being (on the whole) honest and behaving with integrity. It was nice to see very little nagative campaigning this time around.

Lists of constituencies will be sent to Parties within the next 24 hours, (as will official Cabinet posts for the 3 main Parties).
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can I also say that the rules depicting how people would get seats from votes was stated before the election with calls for people to submit differnet ideas (otherwise I felt it was agreed that parties with votes got two extra seats and independents would ned at least 10 votes for a seat).

And that I think we agreed in the long term (as far as I remember) that seats would total about 50 and that we should stick with a total around this amount.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I meant I applied for membership a while ago - it doesn't say how long any more. But ask Miles when I applied to join the bnp on tsr - that's what I meant.
You must have a strange concept of time considering yesterday to be "a while ago".
Dwight67
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The decision regarding bribery is final, and I for one am not going to persue it any further.

If Parties feel they will have trouble filling so many seats, then please mention so in the Recommendations thread in the HoC or PM me any alternative proposals.

I would like to congratulate all of those involved in the election, for being (on the whole) honest and behaving with integrity. It was nice to see very little nagative campaigning this time around.

Lists of constituencies will be sent to Parties within the next 24 hours, (as will official Cabinet posts for the 3 main Parties).
wake up dude. this is not real.
william1986
Report 13 years ago
what a joke........
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise