Turn on thread page Beta

TSR General Election 2005/6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We do not consider it minor.

I wish to draw your attention to some posts earlier in this thread....

(Original post by LPK)
    If you are going to say Labour, then i'd suggest you move all sharp items i could use as a weapon.
    08:08 PM - 05-12-2005. Threat of physical violence to all labour voters. I demand that all green party votes after this date are discounted.

(Original post by BeeKeeper)
    Oh **** it... *loads rifle and packs into suitcase*

Lets do this ****!
    12:51 AM - 06-12-2005. Threatening to shoot any TSR members of opposing parties that he meets. I demand that all conservative party votes after this date are discounted.

(Original post by Bikerx23)
    yay - tories have a rugby player (me) and an ex TA SAS captain (howard) - lets do it - we'll paste!
    Tories again threatening physical violence. More reason for their votes to be discounted.

Obviously these were posted in jest but that is forbidden in this election. Please be consistent in you decisions BK.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I'll say one thing more on the BNP thing, then I'll shut my trap:

I reckon that if it were any other party, the offer of 0 rep would've been dismissed as a joke, and the girl's vote would've been counted. I do think that the numnber of votes they got is suspicious, and if that could be looked into, it would be good.

I don't agree with the BNP's policites at all, but it does look a little to me like prejudices about the party have got in the way of TSR's mini democratic process...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    yes - their claims of longevity are what has been worrying me...

RK - considering the tests for authenticity of the BNP voters are carried out, all authentic votes will be accepted. but, we do wish anyone who commited such acts of misconduct to be banned and all their votes discounted.
    i've just started a thread in the mod forum attempted to address concerns over whether banned members are using secondary accounts and the BNP votes cast in the election. as i'm no good with computers , my IP searching methods aren't 100% so this is probably a good way to draw a line under this!!

(Original post by dogtanian)

I reckon that if it were any other party, the offer of 0 rep would've been dismissed as a joke, and the girl's vote would've been counted. I do think that the numnber of votes they got is suspicious, and if that could be looked into, it would be good..

yep sure

ReputationRep:
    Mine aren't particularly hot either. According to mine, the IPs got directly from the posts in this thread don't have any usernames attached so something must be going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william1986)
    you wrote independent i did not ask you to. Resign. I know you go to Sheffield but really you lot arn't that thick are you???
    3 votes out of 292 is 1%. Parties get one seat for every 2% of the vote.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, a load of abstract and impossible statements.

Offering rep in return for votes will not be accepted, and there is absolutely no chance of you getting that 1 vote back.

If you persist with your desagreements then you will probably cost your Party more losses, given that you have already drawn so much attention to the legitimacy of BNP votes.

--------------

(Original post by dogtanian)

I reckon that if it were any other party, the offer of 0 rep would've been dismissed as a joke, and the girl's vote would've been counted. I do think that the numnber of votes they got is suspicious, and if that could be looked into, it would be good.

I don't agree with the BNP's policites at all, but it does look a little to me like prejudices about the party have got in the way of TSR's mini democratic process...
    If I wanted to discriminate against the BNP then I would have banned them ages ago and I can guarantee you I would have had a significant mandate to do so.

A member offered reputation in return for votes, and they have been penalised by removing just one vote.
    If they don't like it then they shouldn't play dirty.

Offering rep to members was clearly not a 'joke', and it shouldn't be addressed as a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)

Offering rep in return for votes will not be accepted, and there is absolutely no chance of you getting that 1 vote back.

If you persist with your desagreements then you will probably cost your Party more losses, given that you have already drawn so much attention to the legitimacy of BNP votes.

--------------

If I wanted to discriminate against the BNP then I would have banned them ages ago and I can guarantee you I would have had a significant mandate to do so.

A member offered reputation in return for votes, and they have been penalised by removing just one vote.
    If they don't like it then they shouldn't play dirty.

Offering rep to members was clearly not a 'joke', and it shouldn't be addressed as a joke.

But it clearly was a joke as I have no rep to give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    3 votes out of 292 is 1%. Parties get one seat for every 2% of the vote.

post 599 you say something v different
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    William, if you are a party, did you every apply to have a party forum created for your party and things set up for you to accept other members into your party?

If you di not officially go about doing this, then you cannot consider yourself at all anything other than an independent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)

We would like to congratulate the winning party and also thank the other parties for a good competition.

Beekeeper: we thank you for allowing us to take part in this election, and although we do not agree with your eventual decision, we must accept it and so we do. We look forward to our 5 seats.

ReputationRep:
    What does the BNP fraud have to do with your vote totals?

BK, so will be or won't we have 50 seats as agreed upon earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnBuster)
    But it clearly was a joke as I have no rep to give.
    Despite what I said before, I do also think that you really should have made that much clearer.

After all, 'it's the thought that counts' rep is always welcomed too.

ReputationRep:

I don't remember this being agreed upon at all, and a proposal has been put forward in the Commons forum.

ReputationRep:
    he also agreed to the terms on the thread about standing as an independant that carl set up, so just because he didn't get in, he shouldn't start whinging about it now

ReputationRep:

read what you wrote (unless you've changed it as you realise you mistake) You did write why should 2 votes result in a seat.

Your a postgrad!!?? Jeez... Your just at LSE because they want your cash of course.

ReputationRep:
    read what you wrote (unless you've changed it as you realise you mistake) You did write why should 2 votes result in a seat.

Your a postgrad!!?? Jeez... Your just at LSE because they want your cash of course.
    That wasn't in post 599 and beekeeper clarified that the only parties that would get 2 seats are those who got at least one seat beforehand. This is still under consideration as far as I know.

Insulting everyone in sight is generally not a good way to get your voice heard.

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't in post 599 and beekeeper clarified that the only parties that would get 2 seats are those who got at least one seat beforehand. This is still under consideration as far as I know.

Insulting everyone in sight is generally not a good way to get your voice heard.

Pathetic. At least try to put up a fight. i only insult the stupid so u and BK for example

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. At least try to put up a fight. i only insult the stupid so u and BK for example
    At least these stupid people can type "you" correctly and know that the first letter of a sentence should be capitalised. They also know that there should be a comma before "so".
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    William, not sure if you missed my earlier post, so here it is again. Could you please answer it as it would solve arguments.

(Original post by Roger Kirk)
    William, if you are a party, did you every apply to have a party forum created for your party and things set up for you to accept other members into your party?

If you di not officially go about doing this, then you cannot consider yourself at all anything other than an independent.

ReputationRep:
    At least these stupid people can type "you" correctly and know that the first letter of a sentence should be capitalised. They also know that there should be a comma before "so".

stupid and pedantic. Make sure you type perfectly in future.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.