What's SPG? I don't speak British. :p:
spelling, punctuation and grammar - hope you weren't offended
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Blackadder)
Several members of the party were banned in what appears to have been some kind of cull, I assume they voted before being banned.

Plus, I don't doubt that we have supporters here who have chosen not to join the party for fear of being victimised, despite agreeing with our policies.
Yes, those were secondary accounts created solely for duplicate voting, which I made very clear in the first post would not be accepted.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
Offering rep in return for votes does not resemble a joke in the slightest, and I don't see why anyone would post such a 'joke' bribe.

It was clearly a bribe, and they have been penalised as appopriate.

They have had one vote taken away, not a seat. They only just scraped enough for 6 seats, and the removed vote in question reduced their mandate to 5 seats.
It DOES resemble a joke, expecting 0 rep to bribe people is more stupid then saying it as a joke. If it was said by a tory you wouldn't take away seats that came afterwards.

(Original post by Bismark)
I'm far more concerned about the BNP creating accounts a day before the election just so they could vote than with the joking incident.
My point entirely. I said that that's a worth reason of removing seats, so why don't you keep their seats at 6, then look into this and take some away if they did cheat, instead of take some away on speculation and other poor reasons?
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the lib dems must be seriously pissed off though...since only half of their party voted for them :rofl:
Blackadder
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Yes, those were secondary accounts created solely for duplicate voting, which I made very clear in the first post would not be accepted.
No they weren't. They appear to have been new members on the board - there was about 6 of them, you can't tell me these have all been banned before?
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
the lib dems must be seriously pissed off though...since only half of their party voted for them :rofl:
Like we can get enough people involved as it is...
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No they weren't. They appear to have been new members on the board - there was about 6 of them, you can't tell me these have all been banned before?
So six people got banned, you don't have enough people to fill 5 seats, yet you still got 16 votes. How does that work?
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
It DOES resemble a joke, expecting 0 rep to bribe people is more stupid then saying it as a joke.
The member who voted afterwards is a very new member, and probably didn't know that the rep was worth 0 anyway.

Thats not important though, the fact is that rep was offered in return for votes, and rep is rep, regardless of how much it is 'worth'.

The decision is final.

--------------

With regards to these other members you speak of (who are not related to the election in any way) you should consult admin, who carried out the bans.
Blackadder
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
So six people got banned, you don't have enough people to fill 5 seats, yet you still got 16 votes. How does that work?
6 got banned, plus the 2 active members we have, plus DamnBuster and myself = 10

And then I can only assume the other 6 are non-party members who do not wish to be victimised.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It DOES resemble a joke, expecting 0 rep to bribe people is more stupid then saying it as a joke. If it was said by a tory you wouldn't take away seats that came afterwards.

My point entirely. I said that that's a worth reason of removing seats, so why don't you keep their seats at 6, then look into this and take some away if they did cheat, instead of take some away on speculation and other poor reasons?
Before you get to involved with all this, you aught to take a look down in the Parliament forum. There is currently a vote underway to look into changing the number of seats allocated from 81 to 50. Two proposals have been submitted for 50 seats. At least one of them makes no change to the number of seats the BNP gets whether they have 15 or 16 votes, so in the long run, this loss of a vote is very small business.

Yes, one could argue on principle, but is it really worth it for all the discomfort it brings the Parliament?
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
Before you get to involved with all this, you aught to take a look down in the Parliament forum. There is currently a vote underway to look into changing the number of seats allocated from 81 to 50. Two proposals have been submitted for 50 seats. At least one of them makes no change to the number of seats the BNP gets whether they have 15 or 16 votes, so in the long run, this loss of a vote is very small business.

Yes, one could argue on principle, but is it really worth it for all the discomfort it brings the Parliament?
I don't care as long as their seat numbers don't change then.

As it should clearly be 50 instead of 81 that will be the case.

So I'm happy, and BK's bias isn't working. Ha.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
So I'm happy, and BK's bias isn't working. Ha.
For someone who has hardly been involved in this election in the slightest, you seem awfully quick in pointing the finger.

What is this bias you speak of? You don't seem awfully neutral yourself!
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You generally express your intent to stand or publish your manifesto before the start of the election.
Oh eff off!
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if those 6 who got banned were the ones who were banned for the electoral misconduct, would their votes not have been rebuked?
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
For someone who has hardly been involved in this election in the slightest, you seem awfully quick in pointing the finger.

What is this bias you speak of? You don't seem awfully neutral yourself!
But I'm not supposed to be neutral, you are.

Also, as a lib dem I am hardly biased towards the BNP, am I?

You are clearly biased because you take seats away from some parties when if other parties did the same you wouldn't... that is unfair.

I know there is no proof of it, but it's virtually certain you would not take seats away from tories if somebody offered 0 rep to people who voted for them.

I may not be involved in posting, but I have been reading it all.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
You are clearly biased because you take seats away from some parties when if other parties did the same you wouldn't... that is unfair.

I know there is no proof of it, but it's virtually certain you would not take seats away from tories if somebody offered 0 rep to people who voted for them.
Thats rubbish, and you are basing this entirely on your prejudices against the tories.

The decision is final, and the blatant bribery has been met with the appropiate punishment, which was hardly heavy handed anyway!

For the record, Blackadder has now been banned for other reasons.

RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thats rubbish, and you are basing this entirely on your prejudices against the tories.

The decision is final, and the blatant bribery has been met with the appropiate punishment, which was hardly heavy handed anyway!

For the record, Blackadder has been banned. If you have a problem with that then I suggest you ask the other mods, but I can guarantee you that it is justified.

I don't have a problem with Blackadder being banned (if it is justified), but which mods do I need to ask to find out why? Or won't I be able to find out why?
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago

For the record, Blackadder has been banned.
How can you say this is because I am biased about tories? What is it to do with them?

It was not blatant bribery, it was a blatant joke. Saying it was bribery a lot of times doesn't make it the case anymore.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Lets put it this way, theres about 10 accounts to every BNP member on TSR.

Need I say more?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How can you say this is because I am biased about tories? What is it to do with them?

It was not blatant bribery, it was a blatant joke. Saying it was bribery a lot of times doesn't make it the case anymore.
Probably because it's a secondary account of a banned BNP member (Cosmic Debris comes to mind)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (48)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (94)
58.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.35%

Watched Threads