Turn on thread page Beta

TSR General Election 2005/6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vierstein)
    except he didn't say that but "I'll give 0 rep to anyone voting for BNP", a little different, and more obvious that it was a joke.
    Looks like it has been changed to me.

I responded to concerns addressed regarding this by other members, and acted in the most decent way. One vote is a very small price to pay for what has been an overall shamefully dishonest election campaign on their behalf, it is like the Watergate of TSR.

If you're not happy with the one vote being removed, then I suggest you call a vote of no confidence because the vote will not be counted as long as i'm speaker.

As I have already said, there was significant pressure on me to ban the BNP earlier in the election, and I was reluctant to do so. If you think what i've done is bias then youre on another planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Real life and TSR are not comparable.

The leader of the lib dems could be a heroin addict and still be our TSR leader, but not in real life.

It makes far more sense to give tem 1 or 2 seats and let them find a new leader 'cos there are enough legitimate and honest members to have some seats!
    Name them. I doubt there's a single BNP member in this forum who wasn't banned at least once.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by technik)
    so going "i'll give 0 rep to anyone that votes BNP" is some sort of great bribery ring.

lol some people here are farcical.

oh noooo the evil BNP got 16 votes...TEH SKY IS FALLING!!!1 more worrying is how so many people were so ill advised as to vote liberal. thats truly disgusting
    The previous bribery was not connected with the BNP (as far as anyone knows).

And personally, on here I have not taken an anti BNP stance on here, just an anti-bribery stance.

If I was so against the BNP I would not have suggested the allocation of seats as seen in proposal 1 in the voting thread as that gives the BNP 8% of the seats where as the other two proposals give then 6% and 6.17% respectively.

I could so easily have suggested something to give them a lower number of votes (and to be even fairer, I even pointed out to one BNP member that a proposal 1 gave them a higher % of seats than the other two to correct their flawed conclusion that the option which gave them the more seats in real numbers was the best option for them).

(Original post by technik)
    so going "i'll give 0 rep to anyone that votes BNP" is some sort of great bribery ring.

lol some people here are farcical.

oh noooo the evil BNP got 16 votes...TEH SKY IS FALLING!!!1 more worrying is how so many people were so ill advised as to vote liberal. thats truly disgusting
    Excuse me, but I am respecting the far right by arguing for what's fair, despite hating their policies. Can't you show a little respect for the fact that some of us just have different opinions to you?

It's a student forum, what do you expect to be the case? 20% are lib dem in real life, is that disguisting? Anyone has the right to vote for whoever they want.

(Original post by Bismarck)
    Name them. I doubt there's a single BNP member in this forum who wasn't banned at least once.
    Well I can't name BNP members off the top of my head... but in D&D there often seem to be plenty around...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it has been changed to me.
    oh, it's been changed? my mistake, that's disgusting lying and cheating on the part on the BNP, count another vote for having the BNP banned entirely from me please.

And sebbie, that link to the stormfront forum only shows how racist and prejudiced the BNP are, they were probably banned for reasons related to that, racism or other discrimination isn't and shouldn't be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say though, that the only two active BNP members in this thread have joined very recently, less than a couple of days ago, and I am relieved that one of them at least has been banned.
    I myself have been a member slightly longer than them, and have not reached the required number of posts, and have refrained from spamming to achieve that number so i could vote.
    I see little legitimacy in the BNP party and would like an electoral fraud commission to investigate the party (and any other party which is accused of fraud).

Congratulations to the Lib Dems and Carl.
    And thanks everybody who voted Green.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't name BNP members off the top of my head... but in D&D there often seem to be plenty around...
    As i've said, each BNP member on here claims around 10 accounts.

(Original post by Beekeeper)
    As i've said, each BNP member on here claims around 10 accounts.
    There's 1.6 BNP members? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    keyword "around", and not all the accounts were used to vote, and other votes from duplicated accounts were removed.

keyword "around", and not all the accounts were used to vote, and other votes from duplicated accounts were removed.
    So duplicated accounts have been removed already? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Votes made from duplicate accounts were removed earlier in the election.

Votes made from duplicate accounts were removed earlier in the election.
    So you can find it out and take them away... why is this not being done now then?

ReputationRep:
    So you can find it out and take them away... why is this not being done now then?
    Votes made from duplicate accounts have been removed.

I can't see your problem, it just looks like youre trying to cause trouble to me.

I could start a poll now asking whether people would like the BNP to be banned or not, and I can guarantee you the majority would vote to give them the boot. My intervention has been minimal to say the least.

I am not prepared to discuss the electoral miscnduct of certain members any further, i've justified my decision and only a very small minority seem to have a problem.

I can't see your problem, it just looks like youre trying to cause trouble to me.

I could start a poll now asking whether people would like the BNP to be banned or not, and I can guarantee you the majority would vote to give them the boot. My intervention has been minimal to say the least.

I am not prepared to discuss the electoral miscnduct of certain members any further, i've justified my decision and only a very small minority seem to have a problem.
    So the 16 is without duplicate accounts?

I'm not having a massive go at you, I'm just trying to do what's fair.

Also, in real life a majority would have parties banned who aren't their own, doesn't mean it's right to do so...

ReputationRep:
    And they all get banned...often.

ReputationRep:
    The BNP has 36 members, those of those who would have been eligable to vote are:

andyukguy
    aristogeiton
    batazer
    blackadder
    cosmik debris
    damnbuster
    gaskell
    GIBB
    jjuk
    mallethead
    mangomaz
    pinkfloyd
    steezy20

so thats 13...so theoretically it is possible...

but, considering 6 have been banned from voting because of electoral fraud, that actually makes 7, so I doubt that 9 people who are non-party members voted.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me, but I am respecting the far right by arguing for what's fair, despite hating their policies. Can't you show a little respect for the fact that some of us just have different opinions to you?

It's a student forum, what do you expect to be the case? 20% are lib dem in real life, is that disguisting? Anyone has the right to vote for whoever they want.
    meh i dont care...i voted tory.

and yes...20% in real life is about 20% too much

--------------

i hope no non-uk citizens were allowed to vote...that would be shocking laxity and fraud...

ReputationRep:
    Opportunities of the person are limited only by it! How to transform 18 $ in 18000 $! Reading it you can change the life! It has changed my life. I have come across it at one forum and have decided to try. Wandering as it is usual on different sorts to forums, I find this clause in which it is spoken that it is possible to make thousand dollars for couple of weeks at an investment only 18 $ Well.... I have thought, it should be the next deceit for silly, but has decided all to read up and learn, that to us offer. Further there it was spoken, that it is necessary to send on 3 $ on 6 purses (E-gold Account) which below are listed and 0.1 $ on the account of administration of the project.
    Then to strike the first purse off the list, that having displaced the list on one line upwards, the sixth is released by that, where you enter number of the E-gold Account a purse and shower given, with you on the sixth line, the message at least on 100 different forums. Any dodges. Well I have reflected and have thought, that I lose nothing, except for these 18.1 $ which I shall send on below the listed purses both have decided to try. Also guess that!!! For 7 days on my purse began to come money! I was in a shock!!!!! But at once has thought, that on it all and will end. But not here that was! In the first week I have made 75 $, further by the end of the second week already it is more 150 $ To the middle of 4-th week 687 $ And in fact it is far not a limit! And all it only for the price in 18 $! I have not believed, that it works, yet has not started to receive translations from all world!

And now I shall tell to you as it works. I promise you, that if you in accuracy will observe below the listed instructions you will start to receive much more money than you thought, not applying on it of special efforts! The OFFER: ???????? IT FEW TIMES! Follow instructions, and money will start to act on your purse! Will agree, it is simple! And, IMPORTANT, anything illegal in it is not present! ALL LEGALLY! And your contribution makes only 18 $ STILL TIME I SHALL repeat, THAT IT-NOT the DECEIT and YOU RISK NOTHING, BUT IT WORKS! NOTICE! REMEMBER!: ALL IT WORKS SUCCESSFULLY ONLY OWING TO HONESTY of PARTICIPANTS! Here those 4 steps to success:
    1. If you do not have the E-gold Account a purse you need to be registered in system http: // www.e-gold.com/, it is easily accessible for all comers. Properly familiarize with the given system as it works.
    2. Send on each of below listed E-gold Account purses on 3 $

1: 2649028
    2: 2649450
    3: 2671730
    4: 2671995
    5: 2671602
    6: 2641103

3. Send on a purse 2654376 0.1 $. Everything, that you have made are have created a certain service and, the MOST IMPORTANT, it absolutely legally!!! You ask lawful service for which pay (This step is obligatory, differently the administration will block your account!!!). Now ATTENTION! I here all over again have made a mistake from which I wish you to save!: delete from this list the FIRST purse and 1-st, which you move 2-nd purse on a place have erased, 3-rd place 2-nd, 4-th place 3-rd, 5-th on place 4-th and 6-th on place of 5-th! And in sixth number which has appeared empty, ENTER NUMBER of yours E-gold Account a purse! 4. NOW the MOST IMPORTANT!: PLACE THIS CLAUSE AT NOT LESS THAN 100 FORUMS and News Groups, or create and advertise the SITE with this information as it was made by me!
    REMEMBER, that the more you place, the above there will be YOUR income and this income will DEPEND DIRECTLY ON YOU And ONLY FROM YOU! This business continues to exist and prosper only OWING TO HONESTY And ??????????? PARTICIPANTS!!! So, when you will reach 1-st position, you will have thousand dollars simply as the founder of the list or clause as it is pleasant to you more! It costs 18 $ and absolutely trifling work! Borrow in it now, not putting off! TIME - MONEY!
    And now I to you shall tell, why you in any case lose nothing, but only win! We shall tell, from 100 accommodations I shall receive only 5 answers (very-very small and low figure)! Means, I shall receive 15 $ being on 6-th position in the list!!! Now these 5 people do on 100 accommodations each MINIMUM with my purse on 5-th position, and only 5 people answer those of first five is already 75 $! Further these do 25 people on 100 accommodations with my purse already on 4-th line (because enter the) and only 5 answer - my income-375 $! Now these 125 people, having placed and having received only 5 answers give me 1875 $ profit (And I, I am only on 3 line)! Is more ridiculous further: these do 625 people on the MINIMUM of 100 accommodations with me on 2-nd line and only 5 people answer are already 9375 $! Well and the most interesting is that these 3125 person do on 100 accommodations everyone with me already on 1-st line and it are answered again only with 5 people, my income - 46875 $! Whether such impressive figure? And this all for the initial contribution in 18 $! You can present yourselves, that thousand people from all world join the Internet and read these clauses every day!

In the same way, as well as you now read this! Well so? Whether you will spend only 18 $ to learn, whether it works? And if you will make all how I have described above, IT WILL WORK! This line for pessimists: And suddenly this business will fail also to me anybody of money will not send? Every day on the Internet appear from 20 up to 50 thousand new users! Under forecasts of experts, only by 2006 the quantity of users the Internet will increase from present 9 million person, up to 21 million! What chances, what they will want to try themselves in what new? Only remember: HONESTY And ONLY HONESTY of PEOPLE allows to prosper to this business! How to distribute the information in forums and the Internet.
    1. We open for example yahoo.com
    2. We write in a line of search a phrase: to begin a new theme
    3. Yahoo will find thousand pages, references on which at once result on the data card for filling a new theme of a forum.
    4. Name a new theme somehow originally, look, what themes on this a forum are popular, then your message will look more often!
    5. Do not forget about the friends and friends, send also to them on e-mail! Well and the last: It is really great axiom - to receive something, it is necessary to give something! And to receive it is even more, it is necessary to give even more! Be convinced of it.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.