The Student Room Group

Summer placement forms

I hate some of the questions they ask!!!

I do better at interviews. I've never been refused a job after an interview but application forms aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh. :frown:

what about you guys??? what do you think???

And have others been able to access the lloyds application form? I cant seem to, it keeps logging me out then asking me to login again. I login again and it says you were already logged in and something has been reset due to whatever.
i didnt really have any problems with the actual system...but the questions on the Lloyds application were just so confusing and difficult to answer!!!
i found the boots one much easier and thankfully i got a placement....so i dont ahve to complete the lloyds one!!!
btw...have u applied at alliance unichem.....its a postal application....u have to email them to request an application form...the info is on their site.
Reply 2
liverpool111
i didnt really have any problems with the actual system...but the questions on the Lloyds application were just so confusing and difficult to answer!!!
i found the boots one much easier and thankfully i got a placement....so i dont ahve to complete the lloyds one!!!
btw...have u applied at alliance unichem.....its a postal application....u have to email them to request an application form...the info is on their site.

I found out why i was having problems with lloyds, it's cuz i use aol.

where are alliance situated? I've never seen an alliance unichem pharmacy anywhere. I've applied to cohens chemist, coop, tesco and boots (reviewing my application atm, which means you didnt get your first choice and they're looking around to see what they can offer you).

QUestion: If you dont get a 3rd year placement and have never done one before. does that mean you wont get a pre reg place??? I know boots wont offer you one if you dont do your 3rd year with them.
sorry i wouldnt know...im only a first yr...ill let u know if i find out
Reply 4
_G_K_
where are alliance situated? I've never seen an alliance unichem pharmacy anywhere. I've applied to cohens chemist, coop, tesco and boots (reviewing my application atm, which means you didnt get your first choice and they're looking around to see what they can offer you).

QUestion: If you dont get a 3rd year placement and have never done one before. does that mean you wont get a pre reg place??? I know boots wont offer you one if you dont do your 3rd year with them.

Oh so that's what Boots meant when the sent the email about replying to people in January to many of my friends.
It's a good thing that you have applied tomany places as this will hopefully increase the chances of you getting a placement. Hopefully they might give priority to 3rd year students as well. Try and apply to hospital pharmacies as well as even if you don't get a community pharmacy placement, you may have a back upof a hospital pharmacy placement. If the worst does happen though and you don't get a placemnt, if you don't already have a job in a pharmacy, try and ask your local pharmacy if you can come and help out... hopefully leading to a job in the end. Hopefully, this will increase the likelihood of you gtting a pre-reg place even if you don't get a placement.
Goodluck with your applications. Hope you get a placement.
Reply 5
does anyone know how u apply for a placement at the hospital.I can't seem to find the form anywhere.
Reply 6
sita
does anyone know how u apply for a placement at the hospital.I can't seem to find the form anywhere.

Hmm, I think that you call up the different hospitals. Look up for hospitals from the yellow pages. Call them up and tell them that you would like a summer placement. They might ask you to send off your CV and a covering letter. For help with the covering letter and what to write in it, ask one of your tutors. I know that our sterile products tutor told us to write about all the stuff we did there.
I know that there is a booklet of NHS hospitals which we could get (we get given them), so you should ask your uniifthey have one. If not, phone them up using the yellow pages. Also, start calling and sending stuff off ASAP. I'm not sure when the deadline is, but I think that it's in december.
I know the application date for hospitals in Birmingham and the Black Country has already gone (and they were only offering places to 3rd years this year).

A lot of them have deadlines at the end of January though I think (well the Welsh ones tend to). Try typing the name of the hospital or area with pharmacy summer vacation placement 2006 in. That's how I found the Brum and Black Country one last year. We have posters up in uni advertising them too.

Have you got hospital teacher practitioners? Cause they'll know about the hospitals they work at.
Not sure if this'll be much use for any of you wanting hospital placemenst as a summer vacation thing, but go on this site => http://www.pharmalife.co.uk/prr/hospital_search.php

Put the type to pre-reg and put in the region you want. Although its not pre-reg you're looking for, it gives contact details for an appropriate person at whatever hospital you may be interested in.

Not sure if the person who deals with the pre-reg stuff is the same person who deals with summer stuff as i say, but it may be worth a try.

--------------

PS: I didn't do a full summer vacation placement in hospital, because i applied too late, but they did let me go and get some work experience whihc helped me understand what goes on and it gave me something to put in my personal statement for pre-reg which gave me stuff to talk about in my inerviews. so any experience is good experience in that aspect.
_G_K_
where are alliance situated? I've never seen an alliance unichem pharmacy anywhere.

They used to be called Moss - they're just Alliance Pharmacy now: http://www.mosspharmacy.co.uk/

_G_K_

I don't think that's necessarily true - they will give preference to people who've worked for them before, but if there are spaces left then they interview for the remaining places.

Have a look at the attachment for the info leaflet about late entry to Boots pre-reg.
Reply 10
Bare in mind that most people do receive pre-reg placements once they leave uni.
Reply 11
Xenon
Oh so that's what Boots meant when the sent the email about replying to people in January to many of my friends.
It's a good thing that you have applied tomany places as this will hopefully increase the chances of you getting a placement. Hopefully they might give priority to 3rd year students as well. Try and apply to hospital pharmacies as well as even if you don't get a community pharmacy placement, you may have a back upof a hospital pharmacy placement. If the worst does happen though and you don't get a placemnt, if you don't already have a job in a pharmacy, try and ask your local pharmacy if you can come and help out... hopefully leading to a job in the end. Hopefully, this will increase the likelihood of you gtting a pre-reg place even if you don't get a placement.
Goodluck with your applications. Hope you get a placement.

thanx yeah i applied to hospital. hopefully i will get that as that's my first choice n i really really wanna get a placement there. and i'd love to work at coop.

--------------

Xenon
I'm not sure when the deadline is, but I think that it's in december.

the deadline for west midlands hospitals was a while back. We got emails from the pharmacy program office and a link

--------------

Jimmocrates

PS: I didn't do a full summer vacation placement in hospital, because i applied too late, but they did let me go and get some work experience whihc helped me understand what goes on and it gave me something to put in my personal statement for pre-reg which gave me stuff to talk about in my inerviews. so any experience is good experience in that aspect.

so have u got your pre-reg place? where did u get it in hospital or community?
_G_K_
thanx yeah i applied to hospital. hopefully i will get that as that's my first choice n i really really wanna get a placement there. and i'd love to work at coop.

--------------

the deadline for west midlands hospitals was a while back. We got emails from the pharmacy program office and a link

--------------

so have u got your pre-reg place? where did u get it in hospital or community?

My pre-reg for next year is in hospital (Royal Bolton Hosp.) I can't wait! Get to do the bits of the course i like all the time and get paid good money for doing it to.
Hey does anyone know when lloyds send out offers for their placements?
_G_K_

Did you apply for a placement? (Not sure if you're a third year or not? Or even where you're from!)

I have an interview at Selly Oak for a placement in the West Mids ... not really sure how likely it'll be that I'll get a place cause I did a placement through them last year at the Walsall Manor hospital and I know the hospitals in Birmingham are much more competitive ... eeeek!

Latest

Trending

Trending