Life? Death? Watch

london_1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What is the point of life?

I am convinced this life is temporary. God grants life and tests and tries us throughout a lifetime.

Some people are very fortunate and never experience any suffering at all. There are others who suffer through no fault of their own.

There are some things we can not change, eg colour or height it is genetic. Although surgery and growth pills can change this.

Imagine if you want to change your body? This is not possible is it? The human body is simply not designed for eternal life. Although with improvements in medicine and science lifespan has increased.

I had an interesting conversation with a friend, and at the end of it we agreed upon we are not equal.

What do you think are we all equal?
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
we are placed into bodies randomly, does that not make it equal? A rhetorical (sp?) question: why are we placed in the body we are placed in, why are some born in other countries, what deceides that? There are somethings which cannot be answered....

By the sounds of things, it sounds like you're not happy with yourself
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What is the point of life? Self-propagation

I am convinced this life is temporary. God grants life and tests and tries us throughout a lifetime. He's a mean bugger; why can't he spoil and reward us?

Some people are very fortunate and never experience any suffering at all. There are others who suffer through no fault of their own. And yet someohw the ones at fault manage to get off without suffering.

There are some things we can not change, eg colour or height it is genetic. Although surgery and growth pills can change this. Love this statement.

Imagine if you want to change your body? This is not possible is it? The human body is simply not designed for eternal life. Although with improvements in medicine and science lifespan has increased. God designed us with short lifespans because he bores easily

I had an interesting conversation with a friend, and at the end of it we agreed upon we are not equal. Obviously he is better than you.

What do you think are we all equal? No

In conclusion. No.
Stranksy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fleff, i love your avatar! Very nice!

London dude, dont despair man. Dont look to God as an external figure, because he's not, thats the fundamental mistake religious idiots make. God is in EVERY human being, and until you realise that, you will probably still feel how you do now.

You have to understand, you create YOUR life. You cant rely on God to do it for you, because it wont happen.

The point in life is to fulfil something you havent achieved in a past life, its progress for your soul.
lesser weevil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No comment.
toipot2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You really have to know how conciousness works to be able to answer things like are we all equal.

Its pretty much the only major unknown now, as far as humans go.

Atm, im leaning towards the idea that the universe is deterministic (to a degree, witholding quantum uncertainty if that plays a part). This would mean people have no free will. To me, this sounds the most likely situation.

Conciousness may just be a problem solving area, we need to discover what the evolutionary benefits are for conciousness, if there are any, it may be an offshoot or by product. Or, if your feeling all spiritual, it could be something else entirely.

If the universe is deterministic, it really doesnt matter if we are all equal, biologically we certainly arent and thats the only thing that plays an important part, and of course luck (reference to quantum randomness). If the universe isnt, then you can start to think about "spiritual" references, and the possibility of a higher level on which we are equal. Less likely in my opinion, but has yet to be disproved.
toipot2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Phew, that was a bit heavy, im going for a lie down and a drink of water.

hehe, im such a dirty thread murderer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise