Have I left it too late to apply for finance?? Watch

Sunny Lake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello,

Im currently holding a few offers at the minute. I intend to choose a qub course as my 'firm' (I live in Northern Ireland). I have not applied for financial help/student loan etc, as i originally thought i had to apply for financial help after results day.

have I left it too late to apply for finance/ a student loan etc? (all being well i will begin an undergraduate course at qub in sept 2011)

Thanks in advance
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sunny Lake)
Hello,

Im currently holding a few offers at the minute. I intend to choose a qub course as my 'firm' (I live in Northern Ireland). I have not applied for financial help/student loan etc, as i originally thought i had to apply for financial help after results day.

have I left it too late to apply for finance/ a student loan etc? (all being well i will begin an undergraduate course at qub in sept 2011)

Thanks in advance
I dont believe so, if you follow the system like everyone else, you got plenty of time, the deadline should be on the student finance page
supernova92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No it's not too late In fact you can apply up to 9 months after you start your course, but obviously, the earlier you do it, the more likely you will have your loan etc on time. The "deadline" for this is the 31st of may.

Also, this isn't a personal attack on you but I hate how complacent people are with finding out info. I didn't know the deadline was the 31st of may, but it literally took a 10 second google, to find that out, so I could post it in this post...
Anyways, do it asap, as there is more of a chance of it coming through on time
Sunny Lake
Rep:
?
(Original post by supernova92)
No it's not too late In fact you can apply up to 9 months after you start your course, but obviously, the earlier you do it, the more likely you will have your loan etc on time. The "deadline" for this is the 31st of may.

Also, this isn't a personal attack on you but I hate how complacent people are with finding out info. I didn't know the deadline was the 31st of may, but it literally took a 10 second google, to find that out, so I could post it in this post...
Anyways, do it asap, as there is more of a chance of it coming through on time
I have seen the 31st of May deadline, BUT:

* i live in Northern Ireland as indicated by my post, i think the date may be different for me (??)

Also, im trying to find out how to apply ie is it a quick online application or do I need to post away documents etc....
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have seen the 31st of May deadline, BUT:

* i live in Northern Ireland as indicated by my post, i think the date may be different for me (??)

Also, im trying to find out how to apply ie is it a quick online application or do I need to post away documents etc....
Right, well in that case (my bad) you won't be using the same student finance if you lived in england, so http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ce/DG_10035314 on this page follow the link for northern ireland, and the deadline for you, is now
Deadlines for 2011/12 applications

The sooner you apply, the more likely you are to have all your money in place for the start of term

The deadline for New Students is the 4 May 2011.

It should take about 20 mins/less to fill in your bit, but then you may need to send off evidence, such as a P60 to support you parents income etc.
Sunny Lake
Rep:
?
Supernova92,

I ''may'' need to send off evidence or definatley will have to??

out of interest, have you applied for finance yet? if so what docs did you have to send??

Thanks again for your info
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Supernova92,

I ''may'' need to send off evidence or definatley will have to??

out of interest, have you applied for finance yet? if so what docs did you have to send??

Thanks again for your info
No worries, yes I have but I'm from england, but the same applies, it's just a different organisation dealing with it. So far my parents have filled out their part, and have sent off evidence of their income. I think i may need to send a passport/birth certificate but I have not been asked to do so yet.

Some of the support available to students is available to everyone, and is not dependant on the level of their income or their household’s income. So this is the main loan, and tuition fee loan.
Entitlement to the student loan for Tuition Fees and the basic level of Maintenance Loan does not depend on the student’s household’s income. Students who wish to apply for non-income assessed support will not need to supply information about income in their application.

Whereas when you are filling it out and you do want your parents income to be assessed, you will have to send evidence. By doing this, you can apply for the Maintenance Grant, Special Support Grant, Higher Education Bursaries, and the extra portion of the Maintenance Loan which all depends on your household income. The higher the income, the less grant or Maintenance Loan you will be entitled to. "Students who wish to apply for income assessed support are required to supply information about their personal income, and the income of relevant members of their household in their application. "
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads