What is it with exes never making it easy?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm so angry right now

From my own personal experience and from looking at my friends, it seems that guys who break up with their girlfriends rarely let them have a clean break. My boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me last week and he's desperate to be friends, keeps texting me all chummy, despite the fact he knows that he broke my heart and that I'm still in love with him. He even went so far as to say he missed sex and that he wished we could carry on having sex. I know I shouldn't be texting back but I do love him and I miss him so much that any contact is preferable. But I would never sleep with him again. I know he's being an absolute douche and I can't believe that he's being like this. It's not the sweet, loving guy I was in love with for a year and a half.

My last ex was very much the same. Texted me constantly afterwards, saying about how he kept dreaming about sex with me and basically not letting me get over him. I've seen three of my best friends in the past couple of years go through the same thing. Their boyfriend (who broke up with them) making it messy and confusing them. All these guys I thought were nice. I liked every one of them and never took them to be head f*****s. Is this just a thing boys do? Can they not stand to see their exes move on, despite not wanting them themselves? Is it a sigh that they're not sure what they did was right? Do girls behave like this?
foldingstars45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why don't you distance yourself from your ex for a while, and things will become easier as the feelings fade
Anonymous #1
(Original post by foldingstars45)
Why don't you distance yourself from your ex for a while, and things will become easier as the feelings fade
I did try. I told him I needed space because he was texting me a lot and I was finding it very hard. But I got drunk later that night and text him saying I missed him and since then haven't had the courage to stand firm because I don't want to lose him completely.
surina_xxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm so angry right now

From my own personal experience and from looking at my friends, it seems that guys who break up with their girlfriends rarely let them have a clean break. My boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me last week and he's desperate to be friends, keeps texting me all chummy, despite the fact he knows that he broke my heart and that I'm still in love with him. He even went so far as to say he missed sex and that he wished we could carry on having sex. I know I shouldn't be texting back but I do love him and I miss him so much that any contact is preferable. But I would never sleep with him again. I know he's being an absolute douche and I can't believe that he's being like this. It's not the sweet, loving guy I was in love with for a year and a half.

My last ex was very much the same. Texted me constantly afterwards, saying about how he kept dreaming about sex with me and basically not letting me get over him. I've seen three of my best friends in the past couple of years go through the same thing. Their boyfriend (who broke up with them) making it messy and confusing them. All these guys I thought were nice. I liked every one of them and never took them to be head f*****s. Is this just a thing boys do? Can they not stand to see their exes move on, despite not wanting them themselves? Is it a sigh that they're not sure what they did was right? Do girls behave like this?
yhh I know what you mean when my ex broke up with me he was like we can still be close friends yet knowing i still had feelings for him and its hard to get over someone still being friends with him and trying to act all normal which is very hard. I just stopped talking to him and thats the best thing to do and after a while just talk to him and find out whats going on
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did try. I told him I needed space because he was texting me a lot and I was finding it very hard. But I got drunk later that night and text him saying I missed him and since then haven't had the courage to stand firm because I don't want to lose him completely.
If he knows he has you under the thumb, he will take full advantage.
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think maybe what happens is that it's a classic case of the grass being greener. The decision to break up with someone is rarely sudden; rather it will be something they've probably been mulling over for a while. The view from the end of a relationship towards singledom looks good - freedom, being able to pull lots of girls - and they probably overestimate their pulling ability. They've got the point in the relationship where they can handle the fact that they no longer feel that way about you, but what they don't quite realise is that they won't quite be able to swallow the fact that you will no longer be doting on them once they've broken up with you. So they break up with you, and then realise that they're without attention and not quite the Casanova they remembered themselves to be. They need to prove to themselves that they can still get girls, so they text you.
Peachykeen09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
this is what I'm going through right now. my ex won't leave me alone and it's way too hard for me. he cheated, lied and left me for another girl. it's been almost 7 months later and he's still with this girl but he keeps trying to contact me. he usually texts and calls for few days in a row, there's a gap period, and then it picks up again. it's like a cycle.

i want to move on and i've told him to stop contacting me and wished him well in his life but he still won't leave me alone. it's frustrating whenever i see his name pop up on my cell (Douchebag) and then i get flashbacks and get all depressed. like last time he called, i was on my way out because i was sort of going on a date and he called as soon as my date pulled up to my house. i was just irritated knowing that he would be calling again after while on my date so i picked up and asked him what he wanted. "nothing." he replies and then he continues to ask me if i know what college i plan on going to. Obviously he's just being a nosy **** and wants to know how my life is. So I said no because i'm not going to give him what he wants. I told him I had to go and he asked if i was serious like he was annoyed. I said yes and hung up while he was saying bye.

I can't deal with it anymore so an advice????
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
I think maybe what happens is that it's a classic case of the grass being greener. The decision to break up with someone is rarely sudden; rather it will be something they've probably been mulling over for a while. The view from the end of a relationship towards singledom looks good - freedom, being able to pull lots of girls - and they probably overestimate their pulling ability. They've got the point in the relationship where they can handle the fact that they no longer feel that way about you, but what they don't quite realise is that they won't quite be able to swallow the fact that you will no longer be doting on them once they've broken up with you. So they break up with you, and then realise that they're without attention and not quite the Casanova they remembered themselves to be. They need to prove to themselves that they can still get girls, so they text you.
I think you may be absolutely spot on there
Nepene
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They do sometimes make it easier.

It's a common truth in relationships that aloofness, playing hard to get, is attractive. So if you don't text back you're aloof and deeply attractive.

If he did make it easy and didn't text he would be aloof and you would probably be posting a thread about how you fantasized about him and wanted him back.
Tba90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm so angry right now

You've done it with your previous ex so you should be able to do it again
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tba90)
You've done it with your previous ex so you should be able to do it again
I got back with my last ex, only to have him do the same thing 8 months later when he broke up with me again. I then got back with him only to be broken up with again another 8 months later. Only then did I learn my lesson.

I didn't even really learn my lesson. I just met my most current ex and decided I didn't give one about the last one anymore
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
here's a general rule: guys do not like losing pussy.:cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.98%
No - but I will (53)
7.24%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (348)
47.54%

Watched Threads