Exeter or Warwick.. Watch

georgeCarlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi Guys

I know at the end of the day this will come down to personal choice but I still don't have a clue which to go for..

I've applied to Sociology for both and I can see pro's and con's for each.. Exeter looks like an epic campus with great surroundings and a funky city but Warwick has prestige (albeit less catching on the eye). So.... Do you go with the beauty or the quality?

Looking at accommodation prices they both seem roughly equal but unfortunately I have been unable to make the trip across the water to see either of the uni's!

If anyone has any thoughts or comments I'd appreciate it!
bexter:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I applied for History and sociology at Exeter and warwick and ended up putting Warick as my firm and exeter as my insurance. I judged on the quality of the course, the prestige is high for the both of them so i count myself lucky to have the option to make the choice
Killer Bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go to whichever you feel more inclined to go to. I hardly know anything about Exeter or the Sociology course, but I'm (hopefully) off to Warwick next year, and I think the campus itself is quite beautiful itself. One of the only major disadvantages (depending on who you are) with the university is that it's so cut off from the city, so whether or not that would be what you'd like should be a fairly consequential factor in your decision.

Plus I think more George Carlin fans at Warwick would be pretty epic.
georgeCarlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Haha Aul George what a Hero!

Ahh I don't know. Exeter seems pretty idyllic and is right on the coast which I imagine is great for surfing (strangely dreaming about surfing lately :eek: )

To be fair though I have no problem not being near a city and the course at Warwick itself looks pretty damn good..

Maybe I'll sleep on it for a few days
Killer Bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by georgeCarlin)
Haha Aul George what a Hero!

Ahh I don't know. Exeter seems pretty idyllic and is right on the coast which I imagine is great for surfing (strangely dreaming about surfing lately :eek: )

To be fair though I have no problem not being near a city and the course at Warwick itself looks pretty damn good..

Maybe I'll sleep on it for a few days
Have you visited both universities? If not do so. Of course it would be a bit silly to base your decision on a superficial first impression, but I think a feel for both of the places might be a good idea, especially if you're on the fence. To add a little extra totally impartial and unbiased information, I had the erroneous impression that Warwick looked terrible judging by internet pictures, then loved the campus upon visiting on the open day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed